Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Way to go on the elliptical, Lily. I'm with Meg in that I think it works the ab muscles on top of everything else. I pretty much stuck with the elliptical for months and did about 35 minutes a day 6-7 days a week. Then I started changing things up more and have been adding in the tread climber, which really works your butt, but less elliptical. I've noticed that my waist is a little thicker and I think now it's because I've been spending less time on the elliptical. This morning at the gym I tried a Cybex machine called the arc trainer, or something like that. Boy did it eat my lunch. It makes you stretch your arms more and puts your feet at a different position so it's harder than the LifeFitness elliptical I'm used to.

congrats on taking off that holiday weight, Meg. You must feel so good! I had a really good day yesterday so I'm feeling better mentally. I'm still a few pounds up but at least I'm in control again.

Thanks for the kudos, Karyn. I really want to focus on lowering that body fat percentage. It never really made sense to me until Meg explained it in another thread about bf%. Thank you, Meg. That post has been so helpful. I've been wanting to know if I have gained any muscle in the last few months, and thanks to you explanation, I could figure out that I have. Yipee!

Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Pam, I'm going to keep using the elliptical. I really hope it might help my butt get a little rounder. It's pretty flat right now. Also, anything that helps my belly is a great Plus for me. I feel that when people see me, they would think I'm "slender" but not necessarily muscular. I want muscles too. My legs do have defined muscles from all the walking. Rest of my body doesn't.

I am glad you are feeling better mentally. I feel good today , too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote