3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Lighten Up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up-38/)
-   -   What's the one embarassing thing you do for fun? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up/293538-whats-one-embarassing-thing-you-do-fun.html)

KarinRose 03-26-2014 07:26 PM

I feel like I know you guys!

Craigslist? Check.
YA Fiction? Addict!
Dr. Who? Love it!

I'll add watching Disney channel shows and movies when I am stressed or sick. I don't have kids...but I find mindless schlock so relaxing! :-)

mariposssa 03-26-2014 08:20 PM

I'm reading Divergent, too. :)

doingmybest 04-04-2014 01:36 AM

I just started a new hobby: I watch old movies and when some of the actors are on the screen, I sit with my iPad and research their biographies. It is amazing how much info you can find out about people on the Internet. I just love old movies and this adds to the experience. I feel like a complete nerd just writing this but, oh well . . . :)

Radiojane 04-04-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doingmybest (Post 4977196)
I just started a new hobby: I watch old movies and when some of the actors are on the screen, I sit with my iPad and research their biographies. It is amazing how much info you can find out about people on the Internet. I just love old movies and this adds to the experience. I feel like a complete nerd just writing this but, oh well . . . :)

I do that too... and I actually buy their bios and read them! I'm a wealth of knowledge on movie stars that have been dead for years! lol

doingmybest 04-04-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiojane (Post 4977486)
I do that too... and I actually buy their bios and read them! I'm a wealth of knowledge on movie stars that have been dead for years! lol

I am glad that I'm not alone in this! I just find old movies and old movie stars much more interesting than current movies and actors.

Paulitens 04-07-2014 11:23 PM

I peruse websites about Hollywood stars' botched plastic surgeries. Or watch shows like TLC's My Weird Obsession which is... well... weird.

doingmybest 04-08-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulitens (Post 4979877)
I peruse websites about Hollywood stars' botched plastic surgeries. Or watch shows like TLC's My Weird Obsession which is... well... weird.

It may be weird to some, but I think it all sounds kinda fun! I'm gonna try it.

jerah 04-08-2014 04:01 AM

sometimes I find myself on google watching random images...like diffrent countries or sportmotivation pics...depends on my mood:D

Stars0245 04-21-2014 04:07 PM

I dont embarrass too easy but maybe thats because my "audience" is all kids and they think its great, but I make up my own funny uncoordinated dance/exercise moves to kids music and breathlessly sing along as we all run around crazy! Lol

doingmybest 04-22-2014 03:00 AM

This is embarrassing, but when I want to be alone, sometimes I go into the bathroom at night, turn all of the lights off and read my iPad. Usually, I read 3FCs, other blogs or play scrabble.

I am an introvert and this is how I find solitude. Sometimes, if I am at a big, noisy party, or at a movie I hate, I will slip into the restroom with my iPad for some peace and quiet.

caldawg89 04-22-2014 08:17 AM

Its probably not too embarassing, but when I want to be alone, I watch docos. I go thru phases, I watch african ones, orca ones but great white shark docos are my absolute favourite. My mind is a very busy place, so even in my down time, as long as I am learning new little facts, I am happy :) I also love the pure brain rot that is most reality tv shows lol.

Nunu27 04-22-2014 11:40 AM

craigslist i have done...they make me giggle :) i also like to read the personals here which are very funny!

Restless 04-29-2014 08:13 PM

I watch goofy Cat videos on youtube til I cant see straight. I actually sit here in my home office laughing like a loon. I love it though I suspect my neighbors think Ive lost my marbles.

SkylarLeeDixon 04-30-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveVegetables (Post 4970900)
I get these little obsessions with a TV show, video game or a character and then I go on tumblr, search for them and keep scrolling for hours. It's a massive, MASSIVE waste of time, but man, is it satisfying.

Sometimes I also have the urge to listen to songs I used to listen to as a kid, so I go on youtube and watch old Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls songs :p

ARE YOU, ME??!

I do exactly the same and I also dance on my underwear when Im totally alone xD and I BRING IT! xD :carrot::carrot:

ButterCup85 05-25-2017 12:02 PM

I loved going through these as I was needing new ideas for things to do. So I wanted to bump it for new suggestions and add that I am completely addicted to self improvement books. It's the only books I have in my house. I also like googling the first part of sentences to see what pops up. I also have full blown conversations with my cat. And, I'm not embarrassed of it but some people think I'm weird.