Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #1  

Default Hilarious Response to rude salesladies

Hi! So, I went shopping awhile ago- about 6months ago actually. I went into this little boutique store, just to look around- in some styles, back then, I could wear an x-large. (have since lost 25lbs)- not always mind you- most of the time, a 1x. So anyway, I had been in there about 10 min. when this saleslady (and, I believe owner) came up to me and said, "You know, we don't carry larger sizes." I froze and replied, "Uh, thanks..." and she walked away.
First time ever I had that happen. I hear others have had that happen as well and on my site, I posted a remark that when I lose all my weight, I will go back there and when she approaches me, tell her, uh, something rude. Well, a reader of mine offered up a better response, so I thought I would share...

Saleslady: "I'm sorry, we don't carry larger sizes..."

Me: "Oh, thank you! Could you tell me where you shop then?" hehehehehahahehahee
Old 03-31-2003, 02:32 AM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, good comeback!

What an incredibly stupid thing for a salesperson to say anyway. Even if she was somehow capable of knowing that you wouldn't fit in any of the clothes there, how the **** does she know you weren't shopping for a gift for someone?
Old 03-31-2003, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL thanks for sharing.. yes people can be so rude! I have had salespeople come up to me and say they don't have things in the size I need... to which I do always politely respond "How do you know who I am shopping for?" Kinds of makes them look a bit sheepish.

Sue
Old 04-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #4  

I went to Argentina this year on vacation. Talk about not having your size I think every store only went up to a size 6. Even the shoes are small, when I asked for my size the saleslady actually said OOOH! NOOO! we do not carry your size. Talk about embarrasing. In the other hand my cousin said the country has just passed a law for stores to carry bigger sizes because they are having a very big problem with anarexia (sp?). So there you are this proves that clothing and shoes should be offered in all sizes because people come in all sizes and salespersons when they are being trained should be taught to have a little respect when they are addressing a customer.

Old 04-13-2003, 04:52 PM   #5  

How rude can people be!!?? This kinda reminded me of "Pretty Woman." Hey...guess you could do what Julia Roberts did: After you get to goal weight, Go back and say "Hey...BIG MISTAKE!"

I do like the answer your friend gave you about asking HER where she shops!!!
Closed Thread