kids lunch box diet

• reading the snow diet reminded me of my recent experience.

first, stretch your budget very thin( most of us are already there).

then go grocery shopping with (almost nothing left at home) buying mostly supplies for soup and the kids' lunch boxes.

then go home and measure out portions for a month of lunch boxes for 3 kids.

after a few days of that, i'm already tired of trying to figure out what to make for dinner without using their supplies. and making soup is limited too, need to make it if someone is sick.

this is similar to the baby food diet (nothing to eat but baby food and formula or food that only babies like.)

these days, almost every month is like that for me. trying to stretch what's left in the pantry/frig. until the 1st of the month. gives new meaning to the phrase in kung foo panda- living off of the dew on a ginko leaf and the energy of the universe. or unsweetened green tea.
  • LOL. I feel your pain.

When I read this, though, I was thinking of my 6-y-o brother's lunch box that reliably comes home about half empty, no matter how much or little we stick in. I was thinking the lunch box diet might have been eating the rest of the kid's lunch. They reliably eat all the fatty/sugary food before you get to it, and leave you the lovely fruits and veggies.
  • Thank goodness spring is coming and produce prices will come down.

Hang in there Katy!