3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Lighten Up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up-38/)
-   -   JC Penney: In the Doghouse HILARIOUS!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up/216553-jc-penney-doghouse-hilarious.html)

Pint Sized Terror 11-04-2010 09:41 AM

JC Penney: In the Doghouse HILARIOUS!!

I really hope it's ok that I post this. I was literally LOL'ing after watching it. It's JC Penney's new holiday commercial. :lol:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1543292789?bctid=3130509001

Sunshine73 11-04-2010 09:48 AM

That was great!! I needed a laugh this morning and that was hilarious!! :)

spixiet 11-04-2010 10:01 AM

quiche and chai lattes! lol :D

totsandfries 11-04-2010 10:11 AM

LOL, a great way to start the morning.

CanadianCutie 11-04-2010 10:25 AM

Haha. That is an awesome ad.

beerab 11-04-2010 10:42 AM

lol I bet every woman knew exactly what that gift was when he put it in front of his wife!

I'd have done the same thing... Though I would have been like "WHAT are you saying my role in the house is?!"

Oh no wonder my poor hubby is afraid of me lol.

t0rn 11-04-2010 10:49 AM

That video was great. :) I feel the need to share that! lol.

Aunty Jam 11-04-2010 04:49 PM

To funny!!!! Thanks for sharing.. It's being sent around my office now :D

kaplods 11-04-2010 05:48 PM

I'm the spouse "in the dog house." We were at our friends' restaurant and the owner asked how long we'd been married, and I said "9 years," (it was 8) and hubby raised his eyebrow and said "How long?"

Then to make matters worse, we agreed not to give gifts (as we do for many holidays) and hubby broke the agreement (which he often does) and then I feel bad and vow next time that I need to get him a sneaky gift too. Then next time comes along, and we make another "no gift pact" and I say "no really this time, no gifts" and he'll agree - and then get me a gift and I feel like a heel.

Rinse, repeat!

Part of the problem is that hubby does all the bills, and will notice unexplained purchases. He's not a creep about it, he'll just ask what x or y purchase was, and I'm an absolutely lousy liar. Even if I have a perfectly good cover story, he'll see right through it (and the nutter butter won't let it drop. If I tell him it's a gift for him, he'll bug me until I tell him what it is. Or worse, he'll guess and either I'm very predictable, or he's psychic, because he'll usually guess within the first three guesses, and even if I tell him he's wrong, he can tell by my expression that he's not).

I've decided to have my sister help me for Christmas this year, because for once I'd like to actually surprise him. He never makes me feel like I'm in the doghouse, but I put myself there a lot.

beerab 11-04-2010 06:28 PM

Aw lol- what's wrong with saying an extra year?

Maybe you should take the cash out of the ATM so he won't know what it is? Or get your own credit card just for the purchase? Or borrow the money from someone and then pay them back :)

kaplods 11-04-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 3553317)
Aw lol- what's wrong with saying an extra year?

Maybe you should take the cash out of the ATM so he won't know what it is? Or get your own credit card just for the purchase? Or borrow the money from someone and then pay them back :)

There are a lot of ways I can do it, I just have to actually plan ahead. I've always been a last-minute shopper, and I don't drive anymore (very slow reaction time), so hubby and I spend almost every waking minute together now that we're both on disability.

The only reason he was able to sneak this gift by me was that I was having a bad pain flare and decided to stay home while he ran errands.

I was so dense, that when I walked in on him wrapping the gift, I asked him who the gift was for (this was on Monday and our anniversary was Tuesday. Keep in mind, we'd already gone out for our anniversary dinner just a couple days before).

in2win 11-16-2010 04:56 PM

wow....that video was great!! LOL