3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Lighten Up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up-38/)
-   -   Sag Harbor Clothing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/lighten-up/206865-sag-harbor-clothing.html)

ButtrflyGrl 07-11-2010 05:26 PM

Sag Harbor Clothing

So I was at Kohl's today with my Mom and she purchased this super cute shirt and the brand is Sag Harbor. Am I the only one who thinks that that is a bad name for a line of women's clothing? I mean, what is their line for men? Flaccid Cove?! :D

Sheena41 07-11-2010 05:48 PM

There is a village in New York state with that name. Maybe that is where they got the name.

kaplods 07-11-2010 06:05 PM

It's funny that I've been a fan of the brand for years and never associated it with "sagging."

Sag Harbor (the place) is on the National Register of Historic Places for it's business district, whaling port, and writer's colony. So it's a popular tourist destination, with an upscale, "quaint New England village" image. And it's the town's reputation that I've always associated with the brand.

saef 07-11-2010 06:57 PM

Sag Harbor is a moderately priced sportswear brand & it's under the Kellwood Group. (They moved from NY out to LA, I think.) The name actually tells you what they offer, with its nautical associations & ring of the Eastern Seaboard: Very traditional American casual, i.e., Talbots-ish for the more budget-minded department store shopper. The test to identify such American-style sportswear lines is to use the brand name to fill in the blank in this sentence: "Oh, Muffy's family has always summered at [Sag Harbor]."

As for me, I often like their prints, I mean the prints on their blouses, usually, but don't like the fabric quality.

Podpaddler 07-12-2010 01:12 AM

Sag Harbor nightgown...

I always thought I was the only one that thought "Sag Harbor" was not a good name for a line of women's clothes. We have plenty of quaint, seaside New England towns to draw from that would evoke a much better mental image!!
My husband told me that last Christmas he almost bought a nightgown for me, but when he saw the name "Sag Harbor" he thought twice and didn't buy it. He also advised another gentleman in the lingerie dept. not to take one home with that name on it either! :nono:

Cglasscock1 07-12-2010 01:17 AM

That is so funny! I never thought about Sag Harbor that way and I've bought a lot of their clothes. I just associated it with the town.

wwmandy327 07-13-2010 12:03 PM

I used to joke with my mom about this too.

bargoo 07-13-2010 12:10 PM

I never associated it with "Sagging" either. Just a brand name is all it is.

lizziep 07-16-2010 01:47 PM

i'm with the op on this one. why?! especially when they have a plus size line. i'd much rather be at Perky Province then Sag Harbor! hahaha.