Hands free...it's the law in California!

• So true! LOL! I've seen idiots like this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdF_R...eature=related
  • LOL! I actually saw a guy playing chess with the passenger while driving ON THE HIGHWAY.
    =O
  • They have that law here in Japan.

The Japanese (at least the ones in this little rural northern Japan town) don't even buy the hands free stuff, they just stop...usually in the middle of the road with flashers on...to answer a call.

Because there aren't laws about blocking traffic.
  • Several years ago I started a job in downtown Dallas and had to ride with my cousin. She did not wear pantyhose in the summer and would shave her legs on the way to work! No joke! In the glove box she kept a bottle of lotion and a razor. It didn't take my long to learn the area so I could start driving my own car to work.
  • lmao
    my boyfriend can drive with his knees like that. normally to find something in his wallet. it freaks me out.
  • We have that same law in Nova Scotia and, thankfully, I've never seen anything really awful . . .
  • I once saw a man driving next to me (speed was probably 55-60mph) reading a book. He glanced up every time his car started to swerve. (My husband was driving so I was able to observe). Oh yes, it was a Harry Potter book.
  • That was classic!
  • I've seen a woman flip her head upside down and put her hair in a ponytail while driving. Yikes!
  • Quote: I once saw a man driving next to me (speed was probably 55-60mph) reading a book. He glanced up every time his car started to swerve. (My husband was driving so I was able to observe). Oh yes, it was a Harry Potter book.
    Well, to his credit, they're fairly addicting
  • One day when I was riding in commute traffic from Santa Rosa to Berkeley with my mom, I spent a good 30-45 minutes observing the habits of people next to us. (As we were in the carpool lane moving more quickly than everyone else, I got to see what lots of different people were doing.) The top things morning commuters like to do while driving:

- Drink coffee
    - Yawn
    - Sing in the car
    - Talk on speakerphones/Bluetooth earpieces, or to themselves?
    - Read the paper on the steering wheel
    - Read a novel on the steering wheel
    - Listen to their iPods (illegal, by the way! I'm not sure but I think you may be allowed to have *one* earbud in... but not two. Still a bad idea if you ask me!)
    - Once in a while I still see someone with a cell phone to their ear. LAW BREAKERS!

Seems like a better idea would be to live close to your workplace so you can ride the bus or your bike or walk... or at the very least have a short enough drive that you aren't tempted to read a NOVEL on the way to work.
  • I used to work with a lady who confessed that her drive on the interstate was so boring that she crocheted while driving! YIKES!
  • I am always amazed at how many of my friends text and email on the bberries while driving. I usually stick my phone in my purse to keep myself from getting tempted to do the same!
  • I have a HUGE phobia of driving. We have a rule in the boyfriends jeep where he's not allowed to so much as hold his iPhone while he's driving. When he first got it, all he wanted to do was play with it and it made me sooooo nervous!

I don't mind him eating while driving, or changing cds, or even reading a map - but the iPhone has to go!