The Best Way to do a 2 Day Take Off!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Holly, Thanks again for your kind words. I will start posting my menu on the daily menu threads. That will also give me a chance to see what everyone else is eating. I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions.
  • Sorry if this has already been posted but I wanted to share a Tip Sheet I got from my center. They said to follow these guidelines for a couple of days after I do Take OFF

Tips for after Take OFF

- Recommend no fast foods, frozen meals, and condiments.

- Recommend no steak, salmon, pork, potatoes, rice, cereal, and bagels.

- Recommend high fiber fruits and vegetables to continue cleansing process.

- Recommend 10 glasses of water.

- Recommend high potassium fruits, such as oranges.

Those suggestion will aid in continued weight loss, overall cleansing, and inhibit weight gain.

So I guess I'll be eating oatmeal, cod, vegetables, and oranges. So much for the convenient Lean Cuisine I was going to take to work tomorrow.
  • just bumping this up i had a hard time finding it again
  • Thanks for bumping. I had a bad weekend and thought about another TO--guess I have to wait a while before I can again. Dang 2 week rule.
  • I have found another substitute for the LA Lite bars (I think!) They are called Goody 2 Chews and you can buy them at Superstore (here in Canada) in the organic section, but I've seen them at other local health food stores as well.
    Nutritional Value: (57g. bag)
    Calories: 200
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sat. Fat: 3g
    Trans: 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 10mg
    Carbs: 32g
    Fibre: 3g
    Sugars: 27g
    Protein: 10g

The only thing is they significantly less sodium and a bit more sugar- does anyone think this matters?
  • TO info
    I was on the LAWL program when the centers were still open and actually became a weight loss counselor at one when I hit my goal weight. 13 yrs later and I'm still so sad they closed! When I was there, TO was done exactly as you have described - TO juice, unlimited amounts of lean protein & green vegetables plus lots of water! You could also use butter to cook with. I found it to be very successful. I've actually never seen TO done in the way described...don't think I could do it & doesn't seem like enough to sustain a hamster for 2 days!
    Quote: Hi everyone......I am new to this website, and I am ever so curious. I just joined LAWL on Wednesday. I did the TO, but they gave me a list of foods to eat, and I could eat as much protein and green vegetables as I wanted. I did not eat any lites, only protein and veggies....oh, and a little fat. I lost 3.4 lbs, so whatever is different certainly worked. I would almost think that if you eat as little as you mentioned, it would not work as well. I have no idea, as I have just started this journey.....but I find it interesting that I had such different directions. Any thoughts?
  • LAWL Lite Bar Suggestion
    I am new here, but I wanted to make another suggestion for what I use as a substitution to the LA Lite bars. After comparing nutrition labels, I found that the Zone Perfect protein bars are one of the closest in comparison and are very affordable, as well as easy to find. I see them at grocery stores, Wal-Mart and Target for between $5-$6 per box of 5 and they have many of the same flavors as LAWL bars Hope this helps others looking for an alternative!
    This is the Zone Perfect info for their Cookie Dough bar:
    Nutrition Information
    Serving Size: 1.58 oz (45 g)
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories: 180
    Cal. from Fat: 45
    Fat: 5g
    Saturated Fat: 2.5g
    Cholesterol: 30mg
    Sodium: 170mg
    Potassium: 85mg
    Carbohydrate: 24g