3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   21 day boost- anyone have results to share? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/95479-21-day-boost-anyone-have-results-share.html)

buffystar 10-06-2006 11:10 PM

21 day boost- anyone have results to share?

I am really considering the 21 day boost. I am at a huge plateau and would like anyone to share their experiences/ successes with this program. Am planning to start tomorrow. Thanks, all!:carrot:

marshamarshamarsha 10-09-2006 06:00 PM

Hi buffystar -

I am interested in what the 21 day boost is. I have never heard of it. Would you mind sharing what it is?

Also, if you are interested, I posted a thread on "The Best Way to do a 2 Day Take Off" if you are interested. I am doing TO today and tomorrow. Then possibly I will try the 21 day boost you are referring to.

Marsha

buffystar 10-10-2006 11:44 AM

21 day boost

The 21 day boost is the alternating of the Take Off, the use of slim downs and the regular program.
Day 1 and 2- Take Off
Day 3 and 4 Regular Plan
Day 5-9- Replace Slim Down with 1 P, 1 S
Day 10-11- Regular Plan
Day 12-17 Replace Slim DOwn with 1 P, 1 S
Day 18,19- Regular Plan
Day 20, 21- Take Off

bizlawchik 10-10-2006 11:52 AM

Buffy - I don't think we were ignoring you, but I don't know how many of us have done it.

Boo'sMom 10-10-2006 02:30 PM

Buffy--sorry--no experience for the full 21 days but I do sub a Slimfast Optima fairly often and think it helps keep my body guessing. Good luck if you try it--let us know. I while back there was a group doing the 6 or 8 week challenge which I think is the same menu breakdown just over a longer period of time. I like slimfast because I don't have to plan (cook!)

marshamarshamarsha 10-10-2006 09:51 PM

Thanks for sending the 21 day boost plan, buffystar! I know how to do TO, and how to do regular plan, so I guess all I need is Slim Down drink so I can replace 1 protein and 1 starch on the "slim down" days. I don't go to the LAWL center anymore (was getting expensive) so I could try the Slimfast Optima drink instead. Is the Slimfast Optima the same as LAWL slim down drink?

I did TO yesterday and today so maybe I'll continue through and try the 21 day boost with you!

bizlawchik 10-11-2006 08:32 AM

Marsha - Slim Fast High Protein is the best, but I've been using Slim Fast Optima because they were half the price of the high protein, and I think only had 2g less protein in it, but same calories. You can check the slim fast website to be sure.

Boo'sMom 10-11-2006 09:33 AM

Our Walmart is pretty limited on which Slimfast we can get. My center knows I sub the Slimfast Optima and add a string cheese to add the extra protein I am missing. Nutritionwise the Low Card is the best but the are hard to find for me and by far the most expensive.

bizlawchik 10-11-2006 09:37 AM

Ooh - a string cheese and the slim fast? That would make it a lot easier! I've been having the slim fast all week and would love the addition.

Boo'sMom 10-11-2006 09:43 AM

Yes--and it's FOOD I can chew! But easy. I do the light string cheese and I think they are about 60 cals with 9 g. protein (something like that) but when we compared the slimdowns to the slimfast it was still a better route.