Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #736  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Default Debbie/Nashville

Good evening all! I made it through TO but only lost 1/4 of a lb. I think it was because I went a little overboard right before I joined (eating naughty foods like cupcakes and hamburgers!). They put me on the Red plan and today was my first offical day on RED. I was POP and am ready to start planning out my meals. I leave for Vegas Friday morning so I really can't stock up on groceries but did buy the staples to get the through the week.

Tomorrow I go back for WI and I will have to decide on whether I want to purchase the LA lites. They did give me several samples and I must admit the bars are quite yummy. I asked my counselor if I could use my own substitute and she said she could not endorse and that it was my decision. I am torn!!!

Lisa - one thing my counselor did say is that one time she hit a plateau that lasted 4 months!! But she hung in there and and once she started losing she really lost her weight. I know it's tough and often times can be very frustrating and discouraging - your body is just fighting to hold on. You will break through I know you will.

I'm sorry I can't post more personals - I've had a VERY long day and will be at it again at the crack of dawn...grrrrrrrrrrrr corporate america!!

I wish you all a FABULOUS day tomorrow - I am thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts your way.

Hugs -
Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #737  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Debbie: What are bringing to wear in Vegas? I'm going the first week in November and have no idea how to dress. We're going with business associates and have lots of dinners and shows to go to. What do people wear to those kinds of things?

Gotta run........ I have never been so busy......back to court again tomorrow. This stuff is fascinating.

Miss yacking with you all.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #738  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi girls! TO is finally over, I can get back to normal tomorrow. I am hoping for another lb or so tomorrow, so we shall see.

Star- Oh, it is so good to see you! I have been so sad to see what has happened to Dog and fam. It is just not right at all. You have moved, haven't you?

Lisa- I bought them today, plan on making some tomorrow, so I will let you know the outcome.

Kristi- Yeah, I know, always causing trouble. I have been in trouble for swearing since the 6th grade. In fact today at Wal Mart I was walking out to my car when out of nowhere some man ran up behind me, yelled "HEY" really loud in my ear, and grabbed me. Scared the crap out of me, I turned around and it was my dad. He just happened to pull up at Wal Mart and saw me leaving. He was laughing his head off. I called him a dumb a**. Then I thought maybe that rude to say to my own dad, however he was laughing so hard that I doubt he heard me.

Pearl- The belly dancing for an hour after class just killed me. You and Jerry Seinfeld, girl. My 2 favorite comedians.

Have a great night all!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #739  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Katie you are racking up some serious coin in your Vegas fund!

OK all, just checking in one last time before I leave in the AM. You all be good while I am gone, and remember that I am here in spirit!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #740  
FBD/8-18-08

Katie - I learned a looonnnngggg time ago that I'd rather have people laugh with me than at me! So as long as I'm the one making the jokes about myself - I beat them to the punch..... line!
Jerry S. Huh?!? Does that make me number one or number two?!? Of course, when I put it that way - I'm feeling a little "flushed" since they both go down the loo!!! (don't ya just love that term!?! Loo... much better than potty, toilet, super bowl... okay, actually I love that term too...

Reddeborah - I actually took criminal law in college wanting to be a criminal attorney... just didn't work out when I found out I had to defend someone as defense attorney - even if I knew they were guilty. That was the last day I attended class!

Lisa - I just wanted to remind you that I'm soooo proud of you!!! You may be at a stall right now, but you've done it girlfriend! And I have sooooo far to go, but with inspirations like you and Julie Marie, and Cassi, and and Katie, and Deb, and (do I need to go on?!?) I know I can make it!!!
You can too!!! Just hang in there chickie!!! I think you're amazing!!!

More personals in the a.m. Gotta get up in 5 hours to take ds to work... good for him, hard for me!

Hugs everyone!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 AM   #741  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie – Funny about your computer! Let me know how the noodles turn out.

Kristi – Good to see you!

Michelle – Glad everything went ok. I know how difficult the wait can be for it to pass.

Martha – Weight loss IS hard. It’s fighting for every ounce of every pound every day. The consistency in those ounces is what makes those pounds go away. 3 WI losses of .6 sounds like nothing until you realize you’ve lost 1.8. Consistency. Fighting that fight every day. You’re doing great!

No time for more personals right now, but y’all hang in there.

I was so good last night. I went to the board meeting for our Parrothead club, and it’s usually pizza and BYOB. I went to McDonalds before and got the asian salad with grilled chicken instead. Brought a bar and a Diet Pepsi. After the meeting, they cranked the stereo and refilled the beer. I went home. WOO HOO. By the way, this Parrothead Club is not very good for the LAWL. Too much beer temptation!!!

WI today at noon for me. Hoping for good stuff since I’ve been really good.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #742  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Cassi - good luck today at WI and good job at your meeting last night. So, do you put your Board position with the Parrothead Club on your resume?

Pearl - I was right there with you trying to figure out 3 and 12/18ths....ah, great minds think alike!

Katie - *** ** ***** ****** *** **** good luck at WI! At the rate you're account is going, you'll have a great time in Vegas! Is this your gambling fund or family fund?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but LAWL got a mention in the October issue of Looking Good Now magazine (real stories, real people, real weight loss magazine. A single mom with four children, Lynette Pryor, dropped 160 lbs in 1 1/2 years. I picked up the magazine last night at Wally World (along with a great halloween shirt for only $10 in size LARGE ). I could not pull up the exact article on their website (www.lgnmagazine.com), but I really enjoyed the publication and may subscribe for only $1 an issue.
There was also a good article in here about training with weights (which LAWL centers frown upon). A gal on a weight loss journey started a weight training program and gained weight. She realized, though, that the end goal is not just a number on the scale - but it's to look and feel your best! Most of the success stories I read about involve cardio 5 days a week and weight training a few days a week.

Busy day since I'll be off site Thursday and Friday at meetings. I won't be online to cheer everyone on, but know that I'm thinking about everyone and wishing you well!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #743  
AkitaMinPinLover

S/C/G: 209/199.8/135

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone!!! It is a little warm here in central illinois (56 degrees), hehehe . Gloomy though. A very goodtime to stay in bed but gotta go to clinicals this morning. Oh well!! I WI in today and I really hope I lost a little bit. I have had a 4 POP day. (me, patting my back ). I hope everyone will have a good day

Oh I have a question.....i would like to do the knudsen recipe for 2 days, do I still consume my regular food requirement or is it restricted on TO day? Please help.
Geraldine
geraldine1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #744  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Geraldine - your food intake is very restricted during take off. Each day is:

32 oz juice (or 4C of cantalope or 4 oranges)
6 oz protein (some CODs say to use the same protein all day)
2 green veggies
& 2 LA Lites
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #745  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kim- Have a great trip!

Pearl- You are #1 baby!

Cassi- Wowsers! Good for you, being so good.

Joni- It is a family fund. You cannot believe how many times a day my kids ask me if I am on plan today, and if we are going to get our $10.00 today. My DH actually has all of the trip money set aside. This will just be extra $ to do fun stuff, buy stuff, you know. Fill in a few extra "I wants". I will have to look for that magazine. I can use all of the inspiration I can get!

Geraldine- Great job staying OP. Good luck at weigh in!

Last night we stopped at Burger King on our way down to Home Depot. All I had left was my last veggie, so I ordered a garden salad. They were out of FF dressing, so I ordered the honey mustard. After we go into the car I checked the calories on the honey mustard dressing. I nearly went into cardiac arrest. 270 calories for the packet!!! I did not want to eat even a drop of it, so I dipped the tines of my fork into a cup of onion ring sauce instead. I only ate about 1/4 of the container, so I doubt I got much for calories. I just wanted to put that out there, be sure to read the labels on your dressing. I am thinking about putting a bottle of Wishbone Spritzer in my purse. It won't go bad, then I don't have to worry about it. I bought a little Betty Crocker blender that is perfect for my shakes at Home Depot for $10.00. It is so nice. I always have my shake at work for breakfast, but I don't love them right out of the can. This way I can blend it with frozen fruit the way I like it. This morning I had a chocolate shake with strawberries. Yum.

Have a great day ladies!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #746  
One pound at a time...

Good Morning Ladies! Well I decided to join the TO bandwagon, starting today. I am satisified with my weight loss, but I wanted to get rid of the final birthday pounds, after breaking through and being at my lowest in years two weeks ago. I am doing TO today and tomorrow (I know I would never be able to over the weekend) and then into the COD on Thursday night. I was down 1.6 from last week so I am going in the right direction.

Have a great day ladies!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #747  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie - WTG with the BK. When do you go to the COD for an official WI? I'm curious to see if you've hit the 140s yet!

Carol - GL w/TO!

Joni - What? Work? Meetings? What's that all about? I'm not on the board of the club - I just went to that meeting because I will be helping out with memory night next year - that was our big fundraiser a few weeks ago. But it's a fun thing. Lots of charitable and social things. Happy hours once a month too. But I haven't gone to them because I know bad things will happen with my scale if I do.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #748  
Shannon

Good morning!

I am starting TO today. I found some juice that is very similar to the TO and Knudsen (I can find every kind of Knudsen but not the Morning Blend) anyhow this juice is by Cerse it is called Medley of Fruits and tastes similar to the TO juice. It is 100 cal for 1 c serving with similar sodium, lower sugar and 2 g fibre - I think I should add some benefibre to it but I didn't have any for today so just took my fibresmart pills that I normally do. I will be WI tomorrow at the COD.

I forgot to mention that Suzanne and I had a great coffee on Sunday. She is a fantastic gal and we even come from the same home province of Saskatchewan. Hopefully, we will be able to get together soon - not long and the dbf and I are off to Mexico. We leave the night of Nov 10 for 14 days.

I am going to do my first full rev class tonight - it is a 45 minute cycling class. I told my dbf that by the middle of Oct I would be ready for it (that was 6 week ago) well here it is middle of Oct and he is holding me to it. Anyhow he is coming with me to the class at 5:30 and we agreed that we would sit in the back row. This will be my new torture every Wednesday afternoon. I'll let you know how many buckets I sweated tomorrow.

We went to Spence Diamonds and had my finger sized last night and tried on a pile of rings. I think Ian has an idea what we both like so now all that is left is the waiting for the proposal part.

Have a great day!
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #749  
kristie

S/C/G: 255/240/180

Height: 5'6''

Debbie
Should be a great weekend in vegas the weather said this morning that it should be 78, 79 degrees this weekend.
tweeteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #750  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Hi Guys- Just wanted to pop in and say HI, it is my day off and I just got back from working out and am now off to run errands. I want to thank you guys for all the encouragement, I am hanging in there. I am trying to figure out the right balance for my body on my own, yesterday I added more food to my plan and today I was down a pound- so it is just a matter of finding the right ammount and kinds of foods for the ammount of exercise I am doing. I will let you know when i figure it out.

All this talk about going away I am jealous, I am hoping to get away for a long weekend with DH in Feb. My SIL lives in FLA, so we have a free place to stay. I just need to start saving now.

Well off I am, have a good day everyone, stay strong and do what your gut tells you.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote