Old 10-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #676  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lisa/MickeySue - I did check with Aphil regarding putting a sticky with the guidelines for the various color plans and food exchanges. Unfortunately we cannot do this since it violates LAWL copyright laws.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #677  
Jamie

S/C/G: 169.5/147.8/140

Height: 5'7

No much time to talk I have to run to pick up my DS from preschool. Just want to check in. I had WI today I was up .4. Not to bad for one of my weekends, and TOM.. Today I'm doing TO doing preety good so far.
momofbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #678  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Ahh-Schucks, Thanks for checking Joni - it was worth a shot!

I think all this talking of cruises is making me a little green - and not from the thought of sea sickness either mind you! Maybe that will have to be my treat when I make it to goal.....instead of or in addition to the breast reduction/perky lift I am not sure yet......
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #679  
AkitaMinPinLover

S/C/G: 209/199.8/135

Height: 5'4

Default hello everyone.

I'm Geraldine, a newbie. I will just jump right on in, if you all dont mind. I believe I finally found the right "diet" for me (i hate calling it that ). I just want to thank for the posts that i have read. I have learned a lot...variety of foods, recipes. I hope to gain buddies and friends here. Have a good day everyone.
geraldine1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #680  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone for the support/advice. Just was a little blue last week. Probably hormones. I'll hopefully feel much better after another 10 pounds or so...

Been pretty busy lately. Had some excitement on Friday.

Apparently the cops started pouring in just after I got there, and rumors were flying about embezzlement charges and whatnot. Then, while I was in the middle of a conference call meeting, my boss hops on the line and says, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but everyone needs to leave the building immediately. Go NOW."

This is thoroughly confusing to us, but it sounded urgent, and we all got up and scrambled down the stairs and stood in the parking lot. There were cops swarming the place. At least 4 firetrucks, and there were more sitting across the street. I half expected to see snipers on the roofs. Then another employee came up to us and said, "go home, the building's closed for the day."

So. That's my excitement. Rumor has it that some employee got pissed off because upper management has been embezzling and whatnot and sent some threatening emails.

I was down 2.2lbs on Friday, but I weighed in at 10:30a and I'm normally at 3:30p. So we'll see how much of that was "real" today at WI. I had some challenges this weekend...my friend's birthday was this weekend and she wanted to go to a really yummy Chinese restaurant. So I went, but I saved 2P and 2S for dinner, and then only ate 1/2 of my portion of my sesame chicken, and gave the leftovers to my friend. So, not too bad. But I drank too much, of course. Argh...my social life is bad for me!

Kimphin-about your janitor story...isn't it ridiculous how unprofessional people can seem sometimes? Some people's children, I tell ya.

Lori-your change is remarkable! Congrats!

Evette-take care of yourself girl. That's a frighteningly low BP. I had a similar thing happen one summer when I got Lyme's Disease. My BP plummeted, fever spiked at 104.2. Not a good thing. Turned out I had Lyme's and was severely anemic. I've taken a multivitamin with at least 18mg of iron in it everyday since then. And when I feel faint I try to up my iron intake for the day. Eating soy can lower the amount of iron your body absorbs too, as it often takes the place of iron rich meats and does not contain very much iron itself. FYI-"Total" cereal and Cream of Wheat have a LOT of iron in them. Hope the doctor says all is okay!

Martha-that's so cool that you're going for your doctorate in nursing. I'm currently applying to graduate schools for my master's in nursing. I'm trying to go for a direct entry program, so I can get my RN and go directly for my masters. I want to be a nurse practitioner, so hopefully I'll get accepted. It's very competitive, but I know it's what I want to do.

Debbie-welcome to the "official" club! good luck! Stories from a lot of the girls make it seem that the CODs are really pushy on the bars, but it depends on the center. Mine isn't too bad, though I did end up getting a bulk package b/c I thought it would help, and I'd end up saving money. But my COD isn't rude about it and they offer plans w/o lites. Just remember that they DO work on commission...I tend to buy only from my favorite counselor, so she gets a portion of that, b/c she's awesome!

Katie-feel better! Pinkeye sucks. And your WL is amazing!! Congrats! Did you really say you lost 8 lbs in a week? That's crazy! It's like having a baby...lol!
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #681  
LAWL Member

Hey Geraldine - welcome! It looks like you are where a lot of us are in weight and going for about the same end....I am sure you will find this group amazingly inspirational and friendly. Glad you are here....

Megain, where do you work exactly....THAT is just crazy...Maybe a transfer to another building or one heck of a raise...or a fab Christmas bonus for every ones trouble....hmm, that would be nice but doubtful if people are really skimming cream off the top. The world as it is today, the company will probably get sued by an employee for psychological stress or some such thing.

Good Job on the NSV of the Chinese...I am just staying far away from those restaurants as I think it would be buffet for me, no spine when it comes to Kung Pow, Crab Rangoon, egg rolls, egg drop soup, egg foo young, I better stop...
Old 10-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #682  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Can someone please tell me if the 21 Day Boost is only if you are not loosing or can you just do if when you feel like it?

I will be 37 years old in a couple of weeks and would like to try it after my birthday. I know that my birthday will be dinner out and I should be able to make pretty good choices. But I don't want to start and have it interrupted.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Ulanda
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #683  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Katie - I decided you need to post a new picture. Preferably one without pink eyes.

Ulanda - my understanding is you can do the 21 day boost anytime. It's just supposed to "boost" your weight loss. AH, to be 37 again!!

Meagan - I used to love working in an office when the electricity or water didn't work right and we got to go home...almost like a snow day during school. Glad everyone was okay and we didn't read about you in the headlines! Thanks for all the iron info - good to know -- especially coming from a future nurse practitioner.

Geraldine - welcome aboard. Geez - you'll soon hit ONEderland and we can help you celebrate....

Jamie - great picture you little thing you! TO will surely put your number down by next weigh in. And the "run" to pick up DS probably burned a few calories too!.

Kimphin - When I was in Key West about 10 years ago, I was shocked to see the bars open, serving, busy and playing music by 9 AM. Since your time is limited, I suggest you bypass the pub crawl and perhaps try a walking tour (it's also more LAWL friendly!). A quick google search on "key west walking tours" found this http://www.gotothekeys.com/walking_tour.htm.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #684  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

oops...i copied that from my blog and missed the first line, which read...
I got an early start to my weekend today because there was a bomb threat!

And I work at a school photography company (Lifetouch...we probably take pics of your kids every fall!) Not the first place I'd think to bomb.

The first thought in my mind was "wow, some kid REALLY didn't like his school pictures!"

All was back to normal today, thankfully!

Oh, and I am officially down 1.2 lbs from last Wednesday.

Wheeeeeeee!!!
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #685  
LAWL Member

Meagan - I am still laughing about the kid not liking his pic.! Oh my, that was a much needed laugh...thank you!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #686  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I just got back from my first belly dancing class, I loved it! If I could just get over the look of myself in the mirror it would be so much better. We got to wear sashes with hanging coins on them around our hips. My hips are my biggest part and it just accentuated them more. I would recommend it to you all, especially if you are just starting out exercising- it is very low impact- but I think it will do an excellent job of toning up the hips and waist area.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #687  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Ok ladies all together now..............STUPID SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was up 1.2lbs since last Monday. But I'm ok about it. It is cold and rainy here today and I just got home and put on my favorite flannel Alabama Crimson Tide jammies and......they fit again!!!!!!!!!!NSV!!!!!!!!!!

Meagin--good luck with your RN to MSN pursuit. As I've said before, I've been a nurse for 29 years and had my MSN for about 25 of that. Have any questions I'll be happy to help. Gotta get my daughter through college then its back to school for me. Since I work at UAB hospital, I can take a course a semester without paying tuition, so I may start next year picking up some statistics courses. Its been way too long and I feel like an idiot when my colleagues start talking about stats. Just never was very good at it the first time around, and sure don't remember it now!

I am beat and gotta run. Everyone have a great evening and a POP day tomorrow!!! Just saw this smiley and couldn't resist!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #688  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa- I called today on taking belly dancing classes. I think it would be really fun and good exercise too.

Geraldine- to the group!!

Sherry- So glad you popped in to say "HI" We've been missing you!!!

Pearl- I think I am going to check at the Japanese store tomorrow after WI for those noodles. It's just a couple of blocks from the COD. Yay on the compliments and everybody noticing, it really seems to put a spring in your steps!! I use the mineral makeup and I LOVE IT!!! Won't ever go back to regular make up.

Cassi- on the 3 lbs. and the new decade. You are getting so close to onederland!!!

Jamie- Love the pic!!

Martha- Congrats on the NSV!!!

I didn't make it to the COD today to WI. I ended up working about an hour longer than I was supposed to and DH called and said dinner was ready now!! So, I skipped WI and will go tomorrow. The scale this morning had me at a loss of an even 70 lbs. so hopefully it will be that or better tomorrow.

We woke up to rain this morning and it started snowing mid morning. It has been snowing ever since then and supposed to keep going through tomorrow. I guess I will get to wear my nice heavy leather coat I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years.
LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW - Not really, because I am freezing all the time, I have lost most of my "padding"!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #689  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

It seems like a lot of us are nurses on here- give a shout out if you are- I am just curious

I found a lot of good OP things at my Trader Joe's today. I don't know if they are all over the country, but they have a great selection of healthy foods. My big finds that I am all excited about are low fat string cheese(I was not able to find it anywhere before), Low fat mild cheddar cheese sticks, and unsalted almonds in single serving packs. I can put the packs of almonds in my purse, the car, etc. I am trying to find alternate sources of protein since I am working out a lot.

Where is Lea Ann today?
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:00 PM   #690  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Lisa - you've got me pondering the belly dancing; sounds like fun! I have a feeling I'd have a hard time not laughing at myself. Trader Joe's is actually opening a store in about a week that will be about 3 miles from me (I think it's one of the first coming to the Atlanta area). I'm excited to check it out since I've only been able to read about Trader Joe's on threads like this.