Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #16  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Boo-wait a minute! I thought I was following you. . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #17  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

We'll just hold hands and jump on 3!!! When we went bungee jumping in Vegas the T-shirt they gave us said "Why just live on the edge when you can JUMP!!!" Love it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I watched the recent episode with Angie. I think she has the whole "New Years Resolution" attitude when she got contacted and signed up for the show...it sounded good, it was a "gig" and she wanted to lose weight. It is easy to get motivated-and then realize afterwards how much work it actually is. Not everyone is willing to "do" the work-which is why the people who are still overweight, or still smoking, or still drinking, or still in extreme credit card debt-or WHATEVER-greatly outnumber the ones who have lost weight/stopped their bad habits.

Everyone has a resolution at New Years-which is why Nicorette and Slim-Fast always go on sale the week before and after January 1. But 4 months later-how many are still succeeding? For every 10 that do Fit Club...I would imagine only 1 or 2 will lose the weight to goal, and KEEP it off.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #19  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
For every 10 that do Fit Club...I would imagine only 1 or 2 will lose the weight to goal, and KEEP it off.
And unfortunately, that is probably true with real people in real life.

Like I said, they'll keep Angie for the drama....just like when they brought back Gary "Chicklet Teeth" Busey.

BTW, since we are confessing to watching bad television, does anyone watch "Flavor of Love 2", after Celebrity Fit Club?

Guilt as charged....
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #20  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by space99s1 View Post
BTW, since we are confessing to watching bad television, does anyone watch "Flavor of Love 2", after Celebrity Fit Club?

Guilt as charged....
Ashamed to say it, but.. Yes I watch it!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #21  

LOL... Confession is good for the soul, Kim.

So what do you think about him bringing New York back? LOL...Now THAT is good drama for the ratings!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #22  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I watch too. I just caught like 2 episodes in a row and i coul not beeLIEVE what some folks will do for a little bit of notoriety. It was kinda like a train wreck - hard to look away.

About New York, I liked her because she at least spoke her mind. She has a backbone. BUT I never watched season one and I was a bit disappointed that she allowed herself to be put back into that man's stable as it were.

JMHO
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #23  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Ok, this ahs bugged me since it aired. Now that I see I'm NOT the only one to have noticed, I'm convinced. Thye absolutley HAD to have altered the TRUE weight of these "celebrities" I'm an inch taller than Carny Wilson and weigh 30lbs more (at the time) than her? Tina Yothers looked like a stuffed sausage and I weighed 40+ lbs more than her? The ONLY realistic weight was Bone crusher and he's at a size I wouldn't be able to "eye ball" it anyway. THEY ARE LYING!!!! Ego's, Geez!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #24  

You know, it never really occurred to me that the celebs on Celebrity Fit Club are lying about their weights....until now. LOL. But, you're right. It does seem weird how "light" they are in contrast to their body sizes.

The thing about Kirstie Alley's weight being too low never occurred to me either. When seeing the before pics, she looks like she is at least 250...and dare I say, some of those pics when she was at her heaviest, she looks more like over 300 pounds.

I'm wondering if the superobese celebs are as heavy as they are in the show. I mean, really, if Bonecrusher, god love him, was really 426, would it be possible for him to even PARTICIPATE in the fit camps?

Yeah...its all for drama and ratings....
Old 09-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #25  

Carmen, NY does certainly add to the show, lol. Nevermind her being in his stable but any of those women would have to have a couple of screws missing to participate in that stuff. I heard something about her getting a spinoff show next year. That would certainly makes sense. Otherwise, why bring her back...

I was laughing very hard though when he dismissed the woman with the stripper pole in her living room (I don't remember her name) because of how it would look around his "kids". <Smirk>....Since when does that guy care about morality (having fathered something like 6 kids from 3 or 4 different women and not marrying any of them)?!?!?? That was a bit ironic. LOL...
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #26  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

I watch celeberty fit club also. I was wondering just as lilybelle said with all the clothes on how they can weigh in. I take everything off I can when I weigh in. I wonder if they weigh in earlier with the outfits they started with on. Maybe the weigh in on tv is just for show. I can't imagine weighing with all the clothes and shoes. It's a "dieters sin" to weigh with shoes on. All these people have been on many diets and I just cant see someone weighing with heavy jewlery and all . Does that make sense to anyone else.
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #27  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I think that they their WI's prior to the taping of the show, just like they do on Biggest Loser. The "scale" on the set is just a BIG prop. No way would they weigh in for real wearing all that stuff.

One time I took off my glasses - gotta be worth an ounce or two!. I have no idea whether I lost weight or not because I couldn't see the reading!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #28  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

LOL, at my Dr.'s office, some of the women take their jewelry off before being weighed.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #29  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

What channel is this one?
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #30  

VH1.

Sundays at 9:00pm (Celebrity Fit Club)...and I think it is on at 11:00am (the new episodes)...You can also see the episodes during the week at different times as it repeats during the week.