Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #1  
Coop class of '82

Talking Old Skool: The Scarsdale Medical Diet

Do you remember the Scarsdale Medical Diet from the late 70's/early 80's? I am beginning tomorrow. I have been trying to get an idea of what plan I want to go with for the long haul and I knew I didn't want to cook much or have to decide what to eat. I can't afford the packaged diet plans or I'd go with one of those. I just want someone to tell me what to eat for each meal, at least for awhile.

Anyway, I remembered that I have a copy of the book plus I found a website with the entire diet online. It's just what I need right now. For two weeks I follow the plan exactly and then two weeks on a Keep Trim plan where I do have to decide what to eat and will be used to making better choices. Then back on the outlined program, alternating until reaching goal.

I just wondered if anyone else might be doing this
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #2  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Hiya Kimmy!

I am doing Scarsdale, actually a modified version of it. I make sure I eat a little more calories then he has planned because I am at a higher weight. I have lost 40 lbs since May doing this! It has worked out very well for me. My advice for it, is when you are doing the second 2 weeks, still semi-follow his eating plan. Like eat chicken on the nights he calls for chicken and add other things to eat on those nights. I find that if for those two weeks I don't follow it at all, I forget to get back on the plan. If that makes sense. I also have to have someone tell me EXACTLY what to eat or else I completely lose track. Good luck! And YAY I'm from Utah too!
idril_telrunya is offline   Reply With Quote