Old 09-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #1  

Default do you always go 3X a week?

I am having a really hard time with it. With 4 kids and my busy busy life. It really stresses me out! Not to mention the fact that my weight seems to fluctuate so much with only a day in between. Just wondering...

Kindra
KindraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Kindra - my DH goes (he's the member) on Monday, Thur. and Saturday. He really likes the accountability in having to go so often. I do WI's here at home usually on Sundays but sometimes during the week too. Since DH and I eat the same foods everyday, whatever they tell him, he tells me.
I can't imagine having to take along 4 children with you! But the most important thing is - how does it affect you? Are your WIs working to hold you accountable? Do you get good info at them? Or are they more stress than you need right now? Is it the kids or just having to do it in the first place?
If the WIs work, then keep it up no matter what because you are not only worth it, you deserve it. And if they don't work for you, perhaps you could cut back to twice a week?
Whatever you do, stick with LAWL! It will not fail you! We're here for you girlfriend! YOU CAN DO THIS! Even with WIs!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #3  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Kindra- I go 2 days a week, mondays and thursdays. That way it is spaced out better so I am not driving myself nuts with slight changes on the scale. I understand how you feel about bringing the kids, I have 3 and they are at that age now where they would either be embarrassed to be there or they would be making fun of the whole thing and embarrassing me. That is why I ended up taking the summer off until they went back to school.
3x a week just seems like overkill to me after a while, after you have been at this for a while, what more can they possibly tell you that you don't already know.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kindra - I do go 3Xs a week and I need to...BUT, my center is close and I have no kids and I work from home. Believe it or not, I look forward to going so I get out of the house...how pathetic is that. By going 3xs a week I can't fudge the system. When I did WW, I would weigh mid week and cheat on the weekend and starve myself on Monday and Tuesday, and then I wondered why I only lost 10 lbs in 4 months! Do what works best for you.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #5  

Our center just changed back to 3x a week -- when I joined in January, it was 1x a week (but could go more) and you had to have appt's. Now they got rid of appointments and recommend 3x a week -- I bet they were part of a trail to see if it worked.

I have 3 kids too and the summer was horrible; I've been doing M/F WI, but I went friday, then gained 1 1/2 lbs by Monday -- I think it was mostly due to sodium because I didnt plan right for Sunday and was gone 4 hours at a football game and didnt make good choices.

Good luck!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #6  

My center says atleast once a week but can go up to 3 times a week.

I plan on going Mon and Thurs however this week I am going Friday because they will have special grand openning discounts (they moved from one part of the strip mall to another).
Tree0164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Kindra - I go 3x/week all the time because, like Joni, I need the accountability. (Joni - I followed your WW pattern too!)

Is your center close by? Since most centers are open until 7, is there a way you can make it without the kids? Is there a DH in the picture that can watch them for 30 mins while you have "your" time?

Like many of us, maybe you joined LAWL because it is more rigid, and you need the structure. If that is the case, then you need to put you first. When starting this program, I told DH that he was going to have to be responsible for feeding him and the kids until I got the system down. I plan my meals on Saturday for the coming week and shop Sunday. He is welcome to join me on whatever I have planned, but he and the kids are very picky. So I made sure they knew that this was what I needed to be there for them.

I know I got a little off topic, but if structure and accountability are what you need, then you need to tell the family that you need their support to do what you have to do, because "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #8  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I only go 2x a week. THey already know I don't care about the "money back" thing so no one hounds me about going 3x a week. For me, I like the accountability but going 3x a week is not feesible between going to work full time and going to school full time and having every day of the week except friday with stuff. If I tried to go a third time I'd quick out of irritation from being late to stuff. But that's just me, most people like the 3x a week and I would too if I could stick it into my schedule.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #9  
One pound at a time...

I also go in 3 a week, because like the others have posted, I need the accountability. As well in REALLY TEENY TINY small print, it states in my contract that I am not eligible for my rebate unless I go 3 times a week. (Yes, I know I am anal, I do read the fine print).
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote