Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #16  

I called them and they said the 4oz serving was a condiment.
Karla B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #17  

I found them at Whole Foods next to the tofu. I e-mailed the dietician on the LA at Home website and they told me a serving could be used as a condiment 2-3 times per week. I liked them -- need to get some more -- haven't felt like driving to Whole Foods. www.hungrygirl.com has good recipes for these noodles as well. I can copy and paste the response from the dieticians if anyone would like. C ya!
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #18  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi all! I saw the thread on something close to home and decided to jump in. I live in Tokyo and, of course, shirataki are all around. They are not made of soy (or tofu). They are made from alum root and, yes, are considered a noncaloric food, so I guess a condiment (don't know about the starch though). I wish you all could read the recipe pages in Japanese because there are many of them and shirataki is featured in a lot of diet dishes these days. You can also get them dried, which would be easier and you could even import them for those of you not living where they're sold. They need to be boiled a bit before you eat them (at least the hydrated ones). If anyone really wants to know some recipes, I could translate some for ya.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote