Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #751  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies,

For you fairly newbies, don't let the COD mess with your head. A LOSS IS A LOSS. .4 lb. is a great loss, heck, ANY loss is a great loss. And even if you gain, there are so many reasons as to why you do. Unless you weigh in once a week at the same time and in the same clothes, you really cannot say there will not be fluctuations. Plus, eating higher sodium food, TOM, being sick, taking meds and so many other things can throw you up a few ounces. Most counselors have to look for some kind of reasoning as to why you are not losing 5 lbs. a week. They seem to forget about the whole big picture and need to pick at every session. I have been POP for the last 4 days and I was up 2 lbs. at WI yesterday. Why? Probably because my dear friend TOM showed up yesterday morning. Luckily all but one counselor at my center are way cool and super supportive. They focus on how far I have come and how close I am to making my first goal and we make a plan as to how I am going to get rid of the 2 lb. gain as opposed to nit-picking through my diary and trying to find a reason why.

As far as the pork, you can have pork once a week, make sure it is the leanest cut you can find. Beef can also be eaten 3 times a week (2 if you eat pork) every other day. The beef takes a couple of days to digest and pork takes even longer.

Yes, you should really eat ALL the portions that you have. Like it has been said on here a hundred times, It goes against everything that has been pounded into our heads about dieting. You really DO have to eat to lose. If you do not eat enough for your body to function properly, it will hoard and hold onto every little bit of fat that it can and store it for later. You should really never be hungry, if you are, then you are probably not getting enough food in. And don't even get me started on the water thing. You absolutely need to drink all your water too, and maybe even 8 extra ounces for every 25 lbs. you need to lose. Not getting all your water in can hinder weight loss too.

OK I am getting off my now, sorry for the rant.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #752  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Thanks Kim and Michelle for the kind response. I bought the pork chops in a pack of 4, and bought 2 of those pack. They were about size of a deck of card, and thin. I'm running out of them now, and will stay away from them too. I also LOVE starch, so I tend to "save" it for incase I lose controll. Then at the end of the night, I'm missing one starch, and have to eat 3 triscuits to cover that... Oh well, so be it.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #753  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Nancy-my COD told me to use pork and beef sparingly, like every 2 to 3 days and use only lean cuts of meat. They also told me that I should *really* try to eat every serving, though I told them that it's hard for me on the weekends, as I sleep very late, and can't eat that much in such a short period.

Reddeborah and anyone with teenagers...I used to be TERRIBLE to my mother as a teenager, but everything got much better after I moved out. My family and I are much closer now, so there is hope! I agree w/your MIL...it's a natural part of development, a crappy part, but it'll pass.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #754  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Thanks all for the support. I love you chicks! I've taken Lea Ann's hand and pulled myself up and out of the closet. The binge was a necessary evil I think, I've got it out of my system, all the junk food is out of the house, and I hear a big ol' chicken salad calling my name at lunch time. Yes, the veggies are laughing at ME now!

Mickey - your DD could sooooo be my DD. She too is one of those that is too cute to be mad at. Just ask her, she'll tell you just that. At one point - I think she was about 3 - she was acting up at the dinner table. We can still pinpoint the moment we lost control that night. After several minutes of 3 year old girl shennanigans she asked "Why are you not laughing?" then, of course, we were, and that's when we lost control. That's still one of our family catch phrases. I am so not looking forward to her teen years.

I too have been scolded by the COD - but I also think that they look for something to "cause" your weight gain, and have learned to take the scoldings with a grain of salt. I mean, it's life right? They really don't expect us to survive on chicken and salad right? If I want a pork loin, I'll have a pork loin. True, I play the WI day game, and usually eat beef and pork on WI days, so that it is all out of the system by the next WI day.

Red Deb - I am envious of your gym time. I think DH would shoot me if I joined a gym. That's one of those things that I start with good intentions, but always seem to find something better to do. I've wasted more money on gym memberships than I care to remember. I did go to water aerobics consistently several years ago, but the membership just got too expensive, and I haven't found another program that will keep me coming back. I wish I had a local exersise buddy - I can be more accountable to someone else, than to myself!

Quote:
Bajachick3 Lori...you have done soo well...I am sure we all will give in sometime after long....YOu have lost a bunch..What helped your success?????
Thanks! You know, it finally took the right mindset, that I was really going to do this, and do it for myself, and that this would work. I think I am one of the rare ones - I've not tried a lot of the diet plans out there, I've never done WW, I did Jenny Craig for about a month, but I've never really "dieted" before. The support from the chicks here is a huge help - who else could I confess the weekend disaster to? I go to the COD, WI x3 a week, but I also use my common sense and do what works for me. If I can't find a way to make this lifestyle change work with MY lifestyle, then it just isn't worth it! You can do this too! You are off to a great start!

Ok, outta here - stay strong chickies! We can do this!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #755  
Deb on LAWL

Mary- So exciting about the twin boys!! You know how to eat, and you will do great on not gaining too much, plus I know you will get the extra weight off fast once you have those babies. ENJOY!!!

Miss Ryan- You will find that as someone said a long time ago- The most consistent thing about the COD's is the incosistency!!
There was a food update a while back and some got the hand out. My center hasn't even heard about the update. I would say to keep asking them about changes, but usually if someone here gets an update, they share it with the rest of us.

Lori- You've had your fun, now it's time to get back to it chickie . I do believe that Jillian Michaels must have been channeling you when doing her newsletter for today. She basically said that you can't be perfect all the time and to have your pizza and ice cream then get back on plan. Slow and steady wins the race like the tortise and the hare.

Ok, today I am making a commitment to myself to start exercising. I think about it a lot, but never take the initiative to actually do it. I am commiting myself to doing my FIRM tapes today, Thur. and Sat. this week. There it is out in the open. If I don't do it, I have failed nobody but myself!!!!

I was thinking about HeatherCP too. Also some more MIA's are Sherry, Rebeca, Britt, Christi, Joan, Erin & Marilee-- Chickies where are you??? Stop by and say "Hi"

Everybody else , have a wonderful day. I am off to exercise!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #756  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Well, I actually did a 2.75 mile run this morning (total of 4 miles, but I jog/ran for 2.75 miles straight!). Then I came home and actually posted on the daily menu thread. I'm so good sometimes it amazes me.

I have sent a PM to Pearl and hope she answers...I don't know if she ever said how long she'd be at the beach, but she should be back by now! I'll let you know if she answers back.

The slushie I make with the TO juice is really simple. I put the juice in a plastic cup and stick it in the freezer. About a half hour before I want it, I take it out and let it melt slightly and then I put it in a big, thick plastic mug and smoosh it up with a fork because I'm too lazy to clean out the blender for just one little drink.

Meagan - okay, I have to ask you to explain your avatar because I always ask folks to explain their avatar picture...hmmmm? Mine is me (about 4 years ago) with my oldest child, Charlie - brindle boxer 4 3/4 years old!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #757  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Default I Done Did It Again!!

Cassi: I'd love to do the TO with you guys. As usual, I screwed up my whole week again, just by partying on the weekend...
Just let me know exactly which day we are starting and I'll go get my juice, protein and veggies!!

Butt, I see I wasn't the only one who screwed up this weekend. I had my WI yesterday and was up 1.6, and got a really good lecture, including the "was it worth it" part... I said no, but it was a really great weekend!! That didn't go over too well. But I promise, to be POP all week!!! There you go, I said it!!!

I'm happy for everyone and their losses, and to all who are exercising and staying OP... I'm gonna be there one of these days!!

Ok, off to the bathroom again for the 20th time since 8am.

~Jenn~
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #758  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

LottaMe...my avatar is myself biting my friend's shoulder. She was visiting from DC and we were goofing off. I just like the picture.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #759  
Deb on LAWL

I did it!!! I did the exercise tape, and I feel pretty darn good. I will have to go get an exercise mat because the only room to stretch out in is the basement and it's hard cement floor with a throw rug on top. Ouch on the butt. Now if I can just keep it up....

I also bought some Jetstart with my 20% off birthday coupon. Those things are pretty darn good!! I got them for about $1.60 a piece which I think is pretty good. And a good way to get in my dairy since I am not a huge milk drinker, gives me some variety from yogurt and cheese.

Joni- I'm thinkin that you need to update your avatar and get a little more current chickie!!! I'll show you current me if you show me current you......
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #760  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdebster921 View Post
I also bought some Jetstart with my 20% off birthday coupon. Those things are pretty darn good!! I got them for about $1.60 a piece which I think is pretty good. And a good way to get in my dairy since I am not a huge milk drinker, gives me some variety from yogurt and cheese.

I've had the Jetstart - I agree that they are good! The price sounds good too - was your center having a special?(Edit - nevermind I just saw that you used your coupon) I have bought a similar EAS product at the grocery store, but I think even then they were more $ than that.

Back at the center today for WI - down 2lbs from yesterday! I knew that yesterday's .8 gain was a fluke!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #761  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Many thanks!!!!!!

I just want to thank you all for your words of encouragement, during my rant. I was really mad when I left the COD last evening. I just felt like I was wasting my time. Although deep down, I know that I am doing this for me, but they never have any good sound advice as to what could really be going on.

Anyways, I am over it now. I don't go back in until Saturday morning. I will be getting some good exercise in this week, so we will see what happens.

To those of you struggling with your teens, I have one child who is a teenager right now and there are some days that I would love to just lock her up somewhere. 90% of the time she really is a sweet kid, but she just doesn't know when she should be quiet, at home or at school. I would love to blame it on the only child think, but I think she's beyond that. I pray hard for her daily. Because I truly do love her and don't ever want to do or say anything to her that would cause her to be damaged in someway during this awkward time.

I noticed that there was some information on the Fitness threads about Turbo Jam, but are any of you Jammers? I love those workouts.

Well I hope you all have a great evening!!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #762  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Okay Deb - your turn; I put a new picture in there from earlier this year. I actually don't have many pictures of just me so this is me and DH. I probably will go back to a picture of me and my doggies before too long. I'm saving the full body shot I took back in April of this year to do a before/after picture. Don't look for that picture until after the new year! BTW, cameras are NOT my friend!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #763  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Default seeing if tracker works

Smilies Just checking if tracker is up and running!!!

[More]
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #764  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joni--love the new photo! It's hard, I know!

HUGE HUGE HUGE NSV for me today. I seriously don't think a day has passed since school started that I have been able to resist the secretary's candy dish without at least one miniature something or other--UNTIL TODAY!!!!! I know this should be a daily occurence but I have to take one day at a time so today is day 1. At noon I stared longingly then moved on--WHEW!!

Have a great rest of the day--busy for us. Car to shop, DD#1 has a meeting, then basketball game--and finally--Boston Legal to end my day!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #765  
Jamie

S/C/G: 169.5/147.8/140

Height: 5'7

Monday's WI was bad bad a 3.6 gain. They took me that they think it's water. Saturday I had a little to much to drink. Which happens only about 1 or 2 a year. It was my 5th wedding ann. on Friday and my mom came up to watch the kids so we could go out. I'm Hoping that Wed WI goes much better.

Quote: Pearl - I found this on the Health Mag website:

Which scale is best? One thatís simple and reliable; the reading should be the same when you step on and off three times. Scales that measure your hydration and body mass index usually arenít reliable. We like the Thinner Soft Step Scale at Bed Bath & Beyond ($39.99; 800-462-3966 or bedbathandbeyond.com) and the Health-O-Meter Digital Lithium Scale at Kmart ($34.99; 866-562-7848 or kmart.com), which have 10-year warranties.

Thanks for posting this I need to get a new scale.
momofbg is offline   Reply With Quote