3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Swiss Chicken (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/92260-swiss-chicken.html)

bizlawchik 08-24-2006 06:33 PM

Swiss Chicken

Swiss Chicken

2 thin slices reduced-fat swiss cheese (about 2 oz)
4 chicken cutlets (4 oz each)
2T flour
1/2t black pepper
1T reduced fat butter
1/2c reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4c dry white wine, or more reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4t dried oregano
chopped fresh parsley and fresh oregano sprigs for garnish (optional)

1. Cut cheese slices in half. Place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets, jelly-roll style. Tie with string, or secure with toothpick.

2. On waxed paper, combine flour and pepper. Mix well. Add cutlets, toss gently to coat.

3. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cutlets; cook, turning frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.

4. Add broth, wine and dried oregano to skillet. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes. Place on a plate, remove string, and garnish with herbs.

If you are on Red or Purple, you can have two cutlets for (P, 1/2Fa, 1/2D, C, C)

If you change the cutlets to “plan size” and make four portions, the count would be (P, 1/4Fa, 1/4D, C, C). I just counted it as P, 1/2D, C, C. May not have been the right thing, but the creamed spinach was my fat serving for the day, and I wasn’t giving it up J

bizlawchik 01-16-2007 04:12 PM

Here is the official LA Chef Remake...
Good day! Thank you again for submitting your recipe. Below you will find our LA Chef modifications:

Recipe Name: Swiss Chicken Cutlets

Ingredients:

2 oz. or 2 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
4 (3 or 4 oz.) boneless and skinless chicken cutlets 1/4" thick ,size according to plan
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
chopped fresh parsley and fresh oregano sprigs for garnish

Preparation:
Cut each cheese slice in half. Place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets, jelly-roll style. Tie securely with string.
On waxed paper, combine four and pepper. Mix well. Add cutlets; toss gently to coat.
Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add cutlets and cook, turning frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, wine and dried oregano to skillet. Increase heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
Place on a serving plate; remove string. Garnish with parsley and oregano springs.

Makes: 4 servings

Serving size: 1 chicken breast

LA Exchange: 1/2 Protein, 1 Condiment

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!

LA Chef

Barb316 01-17-2007 12:26 PM

Printed this recipe I am going to try it!