Turkey Meatloaf

• it was requested that I post my turkey meatloaf recipe. I kind of make it off the top of my head so I don't have the exact measurements. If you don't like the ketchup sauce, go with less. I sometimes scrape a little off the top if I think I have too much. Also I recommend the Healthy choice 9 grain for this, but it's up to you. The pieces are big for their calories and they are naturally sweet from the 9 grain. They really add a nice flavor to the meatloaf.

Turkey Meatloaf

About 4-5 servings
    INGREDIENTS
    Meatloaf-
    1lb ground turkey
    1 small egg
    2 pieces of 9 grain Healthy choice bread
    Basil (dash of)
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp lemon juice
    2 tsp Mustard powder
    Pinch of oregano, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder (I love spices)
    1/2 ketchup sauce mixture

Sauce:
    1/2 cup of ketchup
    1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
    Squirt of lemon juice
    2-3 tbl of Splenda brown sugar
    2 tsp of KC Masterpiece low calorie BBQ sauce

1. Mix all of the turkey mix together in a bowl. When you add the bread, break the bread up into small pieces. Smaller the better. Add half the sauce into the meatloaf really well then put it into a loaf pan.
    2. Bake on rack close to the top of the oven for 25 minutes.
    3. Drain excess fat
    4. Spread the rest of the ketchup mix on top of meatloaf. Place back into oven.
    5. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until done (my small oven takes longer)

Not sure how you'd count it exactly. If I make meatloaf then I don't use any condiments during the day and accept that I used them in this recipe. I also watch extra sugars for the day. I count as 1P and 1S
  • You can also bake any meatloaf recipe in 20-25 min if you cook it in muffin tins, rather than a loaf pan. you get individual servings and cut the cook time in half. A recipe this size would fill about 8 standard muffin cups and would serve 4 using that method - bake at 375 for 20-25 min, or until cooked through.