Ot Tom

• I know everyone is different, but how different is your weight during your TOM? Also, how long does it last? I can gain 5lbs for an entire week to a week and a half. Do your CODs consider this or do you still get scolded for going up on the scale?
  • I also gain during TOM and they have been understanding. There have been times when I'm not losing and they say "maybe you are retaining water due to TOM coming". I'm not sure if they are understanding at all centers but at least they are at mine.
  • Mine is good about it too. I usually go up a few lbs for a little bit, but my mom shoots up an amazing 10 lbs for a few days every month.
  • Well, fortunately (or unfortunately), I'm going through the wonderful change of life and never really know what's going on inside my body, so I cannot use TOM as a reason for weight gain. Katie - I'd have a cow if I put on 10 lbs like your mom....that would be my entire weight loss so far!
  • It is very upsetting to her every month, but then after a few days it goes away. Still, talk about scale shock!