Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 PM   #841  
FBD/8-18-08

Well, I'm coming to you from what is better known as a "state of emergency" Virginia, where tropical storm Ernesto is headed. We're expected to get 5-12 inches of rain between now and Sunday! We thankfully live in a very rural area no where near any type of flooding area, although we may be up to our knees in red clay! YIKES!

The good news however is that my ticker is changing too! I'm down 16.6 pounds in 4 weeks!

Boo'sMom - WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!! -- --

Lisa - Keep girlfriend! You can do it! The last few are the hardest and you're almost there! (why don't we have a smiley for ENVIOUS!?!?!)

Joni - Thanks for the compliment! Actually, I sort of counsel at church. I love to minister to women! I hope we hear from Jeana. I was kind of hard on her I suppose, but I truly felt led to speak from my heart to hers. I just hope her heart was listening!
As for the personal chef - Would you believe I do that on a part-time basis? I so anything from cooking classes, parties, and intimate dinners to catering weddings for 250 or so. I really enjoy the cooking classes because I feel like I empower people to try new things and really enjoy preparing food as much as they enjoy eating it! Okay, enough about me! You always bless me! You've got a very sweet heart!

Evette - Gosh you all are awesome! I was kind of expecting to get blasted this morning, so I'm kind of doing a "whew" over here! You are such a cutie-pa-tootie! I'm glad YOU'RE here because you are such an inspiration to me!
**Congrat's on the pound girlfriend! -- I know you wanted that breakthrough!

Sue1968 - You need to find out the name of that "chick" and take a few "quotes" from her message to her supervisor! Even let her hear it if that's possible! And if she IS the supervisor, call the 800 corporate number! I can tell you this, if I was home when that call came in, she better be glad I DIDN'T pick up the phone! My home is my sanctuary, a haven for my husband! I turn the phone and answering machine off when he gets home and I don't turn them back on until he leaves for work. Nobody is going to wake him up and disturb his rest or our precious time together! Even our Pastors know the rules and agree! The only exception is if one of my children is out. Okay, I'm getting down now!

Cassi - I've been thinking about you! Glad to hear you weren't hit! (PTL!) Sorry about your ds, but don't you just love those cuddle times?! Hope those straws you're grasping at are cheese straws!

JEANA - YOU DID RESPOND!!! You just made my day!!! I usually start where I left off on the post so I just got to yours and I'm getting my jiggy down!!! (sorry, but that's a phrase my kids and I use )
Let me tell you about the instant gratification. There IS gratification in knowing that every bite you take is one step closer to your goal, one step closer to another 10th of a pound lost, one step closer to a healthier you! I also get gratification in staying on plan. (I'm stubborn that way!) For me, it's like every bite ON PLAN is a WIN WIN WIN! I conquer with every bite on plan! (I know that probably sounds stupid, but I'm battling myself here!) Well, you've probably heard enough from me to last you a few months, but I'm SO proud of you for taking this FIRST step to a healthier new you!
YOU CAN DO THIS Jeana! We all can with each other's help!!!
PS. I come to this site probably 4-5 times a day if I can. It keeps me connected and focused!

Carmen - I'm and INSPIRATION??? You've got to be kidding! You guys are the inspiration! The "Katies", "Evettes" and all the others that prove this works! Congrats on the TWO pounds!!!

Carol - I always weigh less in the morning too! Why is that?? I liked what you said about a "life long journey". You're right, is we do it right, this journey will make our life long!!! Awesome! :

Bernadette - take a look at some of the new recipes I've posted this week (a lot of them). One suggestion, make a recipe and put part of it in the freezer for another week. That way you don't get to be "lazy" and continually eat the same thing because it's in the fridge! (I made spicy turkey burgers yesterday and put half in the freezer. Then made turkey/beef meatloaf and put half of that in the freezer. I've been saving the little dishes that Lean Cuisine comes in, so I took those and put a slice of meatloaf in one side and some frozen veggies in the other. Now I've got my own "lean cuisine" meals ready for the microwave. I did the same with the turkey burgers)
Hang in there cutie! At least you're not seeing the scale go the OTHER way!

Deb - We ALL deserve it!! You go girl!!! Another one to INSPIRE US ALL!! 60 POUNDS!!!!
PS. I've got to get off here, you guys are making my head swell and there's no telling how that will affect my weight!!! --

Hey ya'll - Did I mention how thankful I am for each and every one of you?!?!
------------------------
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #842  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much Pearl!!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM   #843  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Pearl - Not only did you comfort Jeana but you comforted me as well. Thank you for your inspiration. I get down on myself often and its good to hear motivational talk out there.

I know I have a long road ahead of me and can do this thanks to you and all of the others keeping me motivated!

thank goodness for this site! It has not even been two weeks and I have binged...first a biscut from Hardee's, then a couple of peices of chocolate from my HIDDEN stash and then a hot dog. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am never going to get to my goal doing this kind of thing. What keeps you ladies on track? I swear you inspire me.
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:29 PM   #844  

Pearl - you called Evette a cutie-pa-tootie, just wanted to let you guys know that is what my counseler calls me, how strange is that?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #845  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Jeana - Sorry I missed your original post! I got buried under financial crud last night and couldn't post! Iam also 30 with an 8 year old son and I live in Pensacola Florida. I just want to encourage you to do this! If you sign up for LAWL you don't have to tell them you want to weigh 125..... just shoot for getting 100 pounds off (I set my goal at losing 98). You pay up front for the weeks, so you unless you guys are rolling it, I would go that route and buy more weeks later. I joined a month ago, two days after a lap-band seminar where I found out I could never afford it and the DR's made me so angry by telling all of us that there was no other way to lose it than surgery.

BALONEY!! Look at these women! Look at me- 11 pounds in 1 month. Sure I'm jealous Pearl lost over 16 in the same time. And yes, I felt bad when I saw how far some of the other girls have come because it seems so far away, but now after 4+ weeks, the time doesn't seem quite as bad, because every day a little more comes off. (I was sick 2 times since I joined, so it slowed me down by a week). Anyway, you and I are the same age and have sons the same age and in the same state. If that's not destined for friendship what is?

Everyone else - Congrats on losses and NSV's, and encouragement to anyone struggling. I'll try to post again tonight but I'll have 5 kids so it's "if"-y

Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #846  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

WI today had me at the same weight I was at tuesday. There is a new person there who is really good and she has me inspired. She thinks I am not getting enough food since my weight has stalled and I am constantly hungry, especially at bedtime. She added 1/2 protein and suggessted I split my bars in half and eat them an hour apart. Basically thinking I need to keep fueling my metabolism. I have been so bad lately with spacing out my eating. Like today I did not eat befor WI so I had my bar at 10am then I did not eat anything else until about 1pm. So now I am eating to try and get everything in for the day. I just have to plan better.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:16 PM   #847  
FBD/8-18-08

Butterfli - Well, I must be batting 1000! That's all I can say! I hope this doesn't upset anyone but I've really got to give the Lord the glory because it's Him in me, not me! That said, thanks!
By the way, you MUST BE a cutie-pa-tootie! (good grief, you'd think I'd come up with something that I could at least spell?!)

Let's see, a HIDDEN stash of chocolate??? I think you know that HAS to go and I don't mean by way of over the lips to the hips! If you're craving chocolate, try getting chocolate LA Lites or Pria's or something! Dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you but only if you can control how much you eat of it! (I'm not risking it!)
As for keeping on track, I have my two teens here and they both know how to cook. (My 13yr old son is in the kitchen making mashed pototoes and brocolli with cheese sauce to go with some mesquite chicken I fixed yesterday). I try and make our food as appealing as possible! I have mexican, italian, oriental, seafood, beef (cut back to 1/week), lots of fresh veggies and fruits. I want my Honey Love Sugar Babe to be excited about what we're eating, not bored. If we get bored, we might start looking for something better! (You know how our men like to channel surf!)
SOOOO, today is a new day! Get on the scale and get a starting point and then get back on the train, 'cause we're not leaving the station without you!
You didn't sink the ship, you just took on a little water! (and there's lemon water for that!)
Hugs,
Old 08-31-2006, 05:23 PM   #848  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lisa--it's only been 2 days--I bet when you go in next time there will be a loss--hey--the bright side is--no gain!! I may need to be on Blue with me--I am loving the extra starch and half protein--yum. Maybe you should try the daily plan for a few days--I hope that's just what my body needed. I am now 1.5 away from my LAWL lowest in May--I am psyched about hitting 157--then it will be my lowest and I will feel progress again!

Glad to hear so many are losing. Bingers--it's OKAY--move on--don't dwell and don't let it ruin the rest of your day.

Gotta run--company for supper then football game!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 PM   #849  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni - I know what you're saying but remember, we're all on the same train, just different destinations and possible different courses to get there! Some will have early detours (binges), some will have layovers (no change in the scale) and some will have a shorter trip than others (less weight to lose). The important thing is that we're all together and sharing our experiences! I think you are awesome to make that connection with Jeana! She's a lucky "chick"!
Blessings,
Old 08-31-2006, 05:33 PM   #850  

Thanks Pearl. I have to say the chocolate is GONE! I ate it all yesterday and I am NOT buying more. MY hubby will have to sneak and eat it somewhere else if he wants it because I am not letting him in this house with it!! ha ha. I wish I could buy the lites but can't becuase I have IBS. I need some form of "treat" in the form of fast and unwrapped though if anyone has any suggestions I am up for them. Thanks for the ongoing support and Pearl I may need you to be my "drill" seargeant.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:14 PM   #851  

S/C/G: 450

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks again Pearl for your advice, and you are so right I need to concentate on the positive not the negative. Be happy that I am making better choices, not sad in the fact that I can't eat what I want.

Joni- yes it is a white boxer and her name is Daphne. She is the goofiest dog I have ever had and would recommend boxers to anyone. She is a great dog. Thanks for the welcome.

Jenni - Thanks for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. I'm not exactly sure what LAWL is. I came to the chicks website and just clicked on a forum. I didn't really know that it was anything. Please let me know. Thanks Jeana . I am still trying to learn my way around the site
Jeana6698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #852  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

Well, I'm behind in posting, so I will start with today.

Shannon - to you and your family. Your family is in my prayers & thoughts. I, too, cannot imagine, and there are no words that I could possibly say without having experienced it for myself.

Jeana - You've come to the right place for support & motivation! The program works, but you have to work the program.

Lea Ann - WOO HOO! WTG! You will be in the 150's in no time at all now!!

Evette - Congrats on your loss!

Sue - I hope your week goes better for you. Take one day at a time. You can do this!! Hop back on the wagon!!

Carmen - WTG!!

Cassi - Hope DS is feeling better soon!

Joni - Congrats on your loss!! Whatever you're doing is working!

Pearl -
I have to agree with the others. Your words and spirituality are truly an inspiration. You have just the right positive things to say to everybody to make them feel like they (we) are all special and that what we are doing for ourselves is worth it! Keep it up!

As for me, well, I've been doing pretty well, considering. I went for the salad at lunch today, instead of the ham & cheese (another NSV). Dinner was like a homemade cheeseburger macaroni, so I counted it as a protein & starch. I had fruit for breakfast. Hopefully this Saturday will show SOME kind of loss on that scale. I've been really trying!

School's going good, so far. Only been a couple of days, so no major stressors yet.

to everybody. Hope everyone is having a great POP day!! Here's to us ladies! We can do it!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #853  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies- WI was kind to me and showed a 2.4 lb. loss since last week. I have 11 weight loss weeks left to lose 14.6 lbs. Can I do it?? Heck yea I can!!!!

Butterfli- When I first started, I cleaned out all the bad food, all the unopened stuff went to the food bank, all the opened stuff went to the dogs and the trash. DH has one shelf for his junk that I cannot reach. I do the shopping, so I wouldn't even buy any trigger foods. He would have to eat it at work or keep it in his truck. It couldn't cross the doorway. It doesn't bother me too much anymore and I will feel sorry for him every once in a while and buy him cookies or something, but it's got to be some that I don't like.

Pearl- Hopefully you don't get pounded by the rain too bad.

Joni- The only help they are is to get in my way by constantly dropping the tennis ball in my lap. To get down at their level is dangerous around here, you get attacked and smothered with sloppy dog kisses.

Erin, oh Erin, where are you our weight loss goddess??????????? Did your family not recognize you and have you thrown in jail for impersonating their relative??????
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #854  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Deb - WTG on 2.4 lbs! Is that not the greatest feeling?

Jeana - I love boxers!! Two brindles right now; I'd have more but there's no room on the couch!! When you say you don't know what LAWL even is, I was wondering exactly what you meant by that. Do you have a LA Weight Loss center anywhere near you? I know some folks do an online version and like it. Personally, for me, I needed those initial tri-weekly weigh ins. Fortunately, my center is close to my house and very easy to get to. Anyway, the jist of LA Weight Loss is getting in a healthy mix of lean protein, starches, veggies, fruit, dairy and fat. Vitamins and supplements are optional but it's how the centers make their money, so some centers (not all) push their protein bars, drink mixes, etc. on you. How do you plan to do this program? Tell us what your thinking and maybe we can all provide some advice along the way. Jenni gave great advice about telling a center you want to lose XX pounds in order to keep your upfront costs down.

Pearl - okay, you are just so cool - a counselor, chef, dog lover, writer, mother, lover -- all wrapped up in one. How did this site get so lucky to get you? When do you leave for vacation? Will you have internet access?

Night all - I have an early date with the gym. Hang in there. We can do this.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:51 PM   #855  

Thanks everyone for your feedback on the Center; I did save the message and will play it to the manager -- just felt it was unacceptable as I had a crappy day, called to cancel -- went to the gym to workout and came home to that ... NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Today was a so so day -- too busy; went out to dinne with friends and enjoyed that -- however, what I am feeling right now is that when I go back onto program, the dayst hat I am not good, I have to have everything I wont or cant have on program .. WHY IS THAT????? I have always donet hat pre-diet but cant figure out why I feel I have to eat whatever I want because I will be "perfect" tomorrow -- something I have to overcome for sure!

Thanks again for the thoughts! I'll be checking in more (or so I hope)
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote