LAWL Losers and Friends - August 2006

You're on Page 9 of 58
Go to
  • So Stinkin Close!!!
    Evening chickies- Welcome to the weekend!!

Todays WI put me at 200.8!!! I tried everything but stripping down to my nekkedness!!

State Fair is going on, so tomorrow we are going to go the the farmers market in the A.M. and the fair in the P.M. Montgomery Gentry is playing tomorrow night and I am still trying to talk DH into going. I bet that is gonna be one rockin concert. Bad thing is state fair food, ya'll know what I mean!! My fave counselor has gone to the concerts every night and has been scoping out the food. She was really surprized that they had so much healthier food this year. I told her indian tacos were my downfall. She said "Go for it! Just don't eat all of the breading part!" COOL!! She even said there was a booth selling some awesome salads. WOW!

Jenni- Awesome on the 3.2 lbs. So glad that it was a stone and nothing worse for your DF.

Cassi- You are probably enjoying the heck outta Brad Paisley right now!!! Hope you are having an awesome time!!

Sommer- I love watercolor too, unfortunately I haven't had time to do it lately. So relaxing. I get lost for hours when I do paint-or bead-or scrapbook-or scrollsaw-or sew-or get on this computer.......no wonder my house looks like it does. I have too many hobbies!! NOT!!!

Erin-Are you talking today Friday for your 90 lbs.? Did you make it?? Of course you did, or will, you are awesome!!

Kelly- Keep your chin up. TOM will go away and the whoosh fairy will pay you a visit!! I'm saying this to myself too cuz TOM showed up here yesterday.

Sherry and Britt- I know you are probably already gone, but have fun on your trip.

Lea Ann, Barbara, JulieMarie, Britt, Christi, Kristi, Joan, ninacali, HeatherPP, Katie, Paulakaay, Evette, Joni, Lisa, Patty, Lori, D'ann

All you other lurkers and busy people, Have a wonderful weekend and pop in and say hi sometimes.
  • Good day chickies!
    Man, I woke up feeling so hungover! I didn't even drink! Must be the sugar/caffeine demon again!

I'm taking the kids to birthday party at 5 at a pizza place, so this will be my first real test I guess!

Hope everyone is hanging in there too!
    Hugs,
  • Quote: Evening chickies- Welcome to the weekend!!

Todays WI put me at 200.8!!! I tried everything but stripping down to my nekkedness!!

I told her indian tacos were my downfall. She said "Go for it! Just don't eat all of the breading part!"
    Awesome, Deb! Next time get a hair cut and trim your nails! (what wise woman on the boards said that not too long ago?

Don't eat the bread? What on earth good is an indian taco without the bread???? Is she insane? Yeesh!

Lea Ann (and the Purple Sunshine is right, Boo's is hard to stop typing - I have to change it every time!) - you know what? I have no idea what size clothes I will wear when I get to goal. When I was the shape I want to be in, lo those many years ago, I wore Levi's 501 in a 32" waist and a medium shirt. All these sizes in numbers just confuse the heck out of me. Clothes sizes are like that stupid evil scale. We get sooooo hung up on the numbers.

Jenni, hang in there! That nasty ol' caffeine will be gone soon.

My hockey jersey mess has gotten itself straightened out, and relatively painlessly. Thank goodness. Now I have a huge registration mess to deal with, and then I should be mess free for awhile - yeah, right!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Wow everybody must be busy enjoying the weekend.

Lori- She didn't say I couldn't eat it, she just said don't eat ALL of it. I could maybe handle that. Funnel cakes were the other thing. She said have DH order it and just nibble on it. And then there is this place that makes the most awesome huckleberry ice cream. Maybe they will have a sugar free version. She said "You're gonna cheat, and you know it cuz I cheated too. Just make the best decision of the worst foods and go from there. Just remember that you want to be under 200 on Monday." Gee thanks for the guilt trip now!!!!

If I cut my hair to lose a pound I'd be bald!!! When I got on the scale this morning in my t-shirt-- size 4x and looks like a bedsheet on me, but it's comfy and I like it. It read 197.6. I thought about throwing on some clothes and running in to WI, but it's 15 miles away and I changed my mind pretty quick.

I'm glad that you got that hockey mess straightened out and still have your sanity.

Jenni- It does get better, I promise, and when it does you will feel so much better!!!!
  • OOOHHH-- NSV going on here. I wore a pair of dress slacks (size 20W) yesterday that I have only worn twice and they were too stinking big. Today, I tried on some 18W jeans, they slid right on and the zipper went up with no problem. YAY!! I am officially out of plus size in tops. I can wear XL's now. Now if my butt and thighs will get the picture and follow suit, I will be a very happy girl.
  • Me? I'd dump the toppings off the indian taco and eat just the bread! I don't know if I could only eat SOME of the bread. Of course, I may pass on the taco to get fresh huckleberry ice cream. Ohhhhhh I want to live back in Montana. No such goodies here! I do buy some huckleberry syrup in St. Regis every time I go through.

Wahoo on the clothes! Doesn't it feel great!?
  • Hola everyone! Okay, TOM=cheat. I feel sooooooooooooo guilty and ashamed. I made a new vow to stay POP starting tommorow. So now I am going to set a mini goal. I want to lose 8lbs between now and August 27th, My 16th anniversary.

Deb...Thank you for the encouragement. It is very disapointing when you see 2 lbs gone then 1 lb back just because it's TOM....hence the cheating. But I can't let that be an excuse.

Lori...you are like a ray of sunshine everytime you post, so full of enthusiasim, and well wishing.

Jenni...hope the pizza place test went well. Congrats on the weightloss so far.

HeatherPP...your postings give me hope, you seem so with it!

Heather...My goodness, you are an inspiration, being a mother, foster mother, diet demon... I don't know where you find the time but keep it up. I hope you recovered from your accident last week.

Boo...Congrats on resisting the temptation that your OP gave you. I hope you had fun at your BBQ.

To everyone else out there have a great weekend. Stay positive, and POP...

Kelly
  • Hello all,

I'm relatively new to this forum, but I'm going into week 11 on LAWL. So far I had lost 22 lbs. Last night was the first time i went OP. Big steak, baked potato with butter, a yeast roll and salad. Oh was it good. got on my scales this morning after lemon water and bam...up two lbs. Now mind you my scales aren't the most reliable, but I just am so mad that one meal OP made me gain! Oh well, I always tell my daughter that life isn't fair...
  • Martha- First of all, welcome! Your gain, while it seems like a really big deal, has a lot to do with the fact you had red meat and a high starch. They work together to slow down break down and you tend to "keep" more of what you eat when you combine red meat with a big carb like that. Give yourself another day or two on plan and you'll see it go away. Don't get your hopes down. This is my second time on the diet (there were almost 7 years in between doing it) I noticed something important after I was done losing weight. Your scale will go up and down depending on your choices. You learn better ways of cooking here, and if you keep implementing that the scale fluxes will be small and it won't be a major problem unless you just gorge yourself during maintenance. Don't worry though! It's an easy shift between weight loss and maintenance.
  • Hey gang
    Well, I cracked at the birthday party. The party was for my son's friend from school (My kids are on scholarship to a Catholic School here in Pensacola). ANYWAY, I'm not catholic and not married. The other parents there were all talking about their skiing vacations and this and that and I'm sitting there feeling like the only single parent and feeling very poverty-fied and out of place, and there was a spinach pizza right in front of me. And NO diet drinks. So I ate a slice and drank a glass of pepsi, and THEN had my daughter grab me a slice of cheese pizza. THEN I ate her crust which included about a 1/2 inch of pizza, AND HALF of Her pound cake.

I came home and ate a bowl o fruity pebbles and 1% milk to finish the binge.

So, this morning I"m looking in the book and in the red plan under carb cravers (Which they told me not to have any of for 10 days), anyway, Pizza is listed as being able to have 2 slices.... That doesn't seem right?!? I'm going to have to ask about it tomorrow. SO far today I'm POP but I"m out of fruit and can't go to the store til tonight. I DO have some 100% apple juice and it's listed as a fruit so I guess I'll have that instead.

I hope everyone else is doing ok..

Kelly - I'm TOM too, so maybe that's the reason for my party binge. I'll be thinking of all of us who went a little crazy on Monday at WI

Martha - I'm sure Sommer is right about the weight gain. There's probably tons of stuff to make you retain water no matter how much lemon water you drink. I noticed even before I starte LAWL that if I ate a lot of red meat (Which was probably marinated in something salty, and the butter on the potato, etc., It'll fake you out with the gain the next morning. After my pizza fiasco last night, I didn't even get on there this morning because I knew it would be up from too much sodium.

Deb~I am so excited for you! I remember the first day I shopped at a plus size store, I thought to myself, "Oh well, at least I'm the smallest girl here" NOw I'm inching on up to the middle range and thinking what a fool I was! I can't wait til I can cross that fat to skinny line at Cato's. I don't know if you have a Cato there, but their clothes have always fit me just right, and it's hard not to notice all of the cute stuff on the skinny girl side of the store. I'll see you on the skinny side soon!

Be good girls today!

Huggles,
  • I've been out for a few weeks at meetings, etc. and haven't been able to check in here, nor have I been able to be POP. I was at a conference for a week and there was not much choice in the food. I tried to be careful but I stilled gained 2 pounds that week. I lost it plus one more this past week, but it is still aggravating!

I am doing LAWL on my own and I know others here are too. Is there a separate thread for those who are doing it on their own? Since we don't have WI's 3X a week, it would be helpful for me to WI online 3X a week, but I'm not sure this thread is the best place.

Debbie
  • Hi Ladies!

After being away most of July, we came home last Tuesday -- of course we came home with my dd having 103.6 fever, strep throat and a cold. She's just now fever free, but its been a rough week.

I went back to LAWL Wed and they gave me take off, but due to my crazy week, I did one day Perfect, but then only 1/2 day right thursday so when I weighed in Friday I had gained 5lbs for the month of JUly (not bad considering I ate whatever I wanted, didnt drink my water and truely enjoyed ham sandwiches while on vacation (NOT on program). So my counselor told me since I still had 1/2 bottle of juice, to use it as juice and do another TO -- so thats my plan for Mon/Tues and I weigh in again on Thursday.

They are having open house 8/14, 8/15 and she said they usually discount everything 30% -- I just need weeks. They didnt count the month I was gone towards my weeks so I was happy.

My gym membership is up thursday 8/10 -- and with football season here, and school still out, there is no time to go; I'm thinking about taking a month off, exercise at home -- just walk and do some free weights -- and see what happens to my weightloss. I'm also torn between rejoining my gym or the other new one in my town; mine has a pool but is $20 more a month . .. decisions - plus my work has a gym I could use if I wanted to.

Hope everyone has a POP day! Mine has been good so far (as was yesterday); hopefully my 5lbs will come off easy and I can be <250 for the first time in 2 years! Sad how you work so hard to loose 30lbs, workout, etc -- yet many dont see it / notice it yet

If anyone has some good meals for TO please feel free to post; I'm doing a stricktly chicken & fish TO -- no beef.
  • Hello Everyone,

I've been away for a few days - went to the annual sister's garage sale. I had two great NSV. I was POP even though we ate out and I tried on a smaller sized skirt and it fit - not ready to buy things now but I will be ready soon.

My sister fixed Morning Star sausage links this a.m. and I was wondering if anyone knows how to count them on plan. I saw the veggie burgers in the vegetarian part of the plan, but it didn't include the sausages.

Let me know if anyone else knows.

Hope everyone out there is doing well!!

Patty
  • -- I just got a sheet of modifications to the book and they were on there -- I believe 2 are 1P -- the sheet is in my car, I'll post later if I am not correct

BTW, what is NSV?? Havnt figured that one out yet
  • Hi Sue

It took me a few days to figure it out. I think it a non-scale victory (NSV).