LAWL Losers and Friends - August 2006

You're on Page 51 of 58
Go to
  • Hey guys- I came on here to confess, I have been so hungry the past 2 days and I finally caved in this afternoon. I had some pretzels, some tortilla chips and a bowl of regular fat cookies and cream ice cream. A mini binge in other words. I guess I will skip my bar for this afternoon. I know I did this because I have been stuck in the house working for the past 2 days and i am bored out of my mind. All I am thinking about is food.
  • Hi! I have not weighed in several days! I finished up some meds I had been taking so I hope to WI on Wednesday. I am a little scared though! I skipped a lot of foods over the weekend. I do well at work during the week because I can keep on schedule. How do you keep on task on the weekends?
  • Hi all--no, I wasn't playing hookie--just got on for a bit--had an ISS'er and had lots of time. They act like they monitor everything so I am paranoid about being on at work too much. Just me being goofy--they probably don't but I am a chicken!

Rebecca--great photos--you Brazilian Goddess, you.

Lori--CONGRATS on the losses! It seems like yesterday we were celebrating the 100's!! Speaking of moving down, I am wondering if since I am dropping back in exercise to just 3 days of cardio I should drop back to Gold--sure do love the extra starch! (nevermind--I just called and they said stick with blue even with the reduction in exercise) Good to see you girl!

Lisa, Beanie, Heather, Carmen---soooo good to see you guys back--I miss everyone when they are gone. Too bad we can't all be independently wealthy so we don't have to work and we can just sit and chat all day!

Sherry--good luck with the YMCA--sounds perfect--certainly a great benefit.

I'll confess too Lisa--did great til this afternoon and someone sneaky left me a great good bag with Hot Tamales--my favorite! So I had quite a handful--no lite this afternoon but somehow I doubt it balances! Don't sweat the binge--it's over--move on.

Bernadette--lots of gals here don't go to a center--we'll sure help all we can.

Sommer--anytime girl, anytime. I am a baker (of nothing healthy I am afraid) but couldn't care less about cooking so much.

Butterfli--no idea but I would assume even if it was fat free it's not allowed--or you'd lose a starch over it--just thinking though--no idea.

Carmen--very lucky on the cafeteria--school cafeteria's are not known for the healthy choices--ugh. We do have premade salads that look ok--I am just trying hard to pack a lunch--no fun!

I got a new Maintenance book on saturday (she said she shouldn't give it to me till maintenance, but.....) I said just pretend it's for DH--he did'nt get this one and she said it's new. Something to look forward to--there are some things that will be nice to have later--some I have now and have fortunately counted right!

Pearl--come call me sweet pet names--LOL.

Heather--good luck exercising with Savannah--she may just surprise you--mine always thought it was hilarious to sit on my stomach during crunches!!

Debra--unfortunately--I have not been great so I, too will anxiously await the words of wisdom from these gals. Good luck to you.

I have Parent Night tonight for the girls and DH is out of town so I am alone--sigh.... Busy week
  • Lisa - Hope you have a better remainder of the day. Just maybe drink some extra water to get rid of those salty things you ate.

Debra - Alot of us are in the same weekend boat as you. Just take one day at a time, that's all you can do. Remember your reasons for wanting to lose the weight, and if you happen to fall off the wagon, hop back on. Don't beat yourself up over it!

Lea Ann - Aren't hot tamales fat free?

Well, I didn't do too bad today. I'm short 1 V, but I had an extra P instead. (I know calorie wise that doens't balance out, but it sounded good to me). I'm also having an extra water. Only the scale will tell -- next week!
    I combined a Starch for dinner (had small portion of mashed potatos, and small portion of corn).

Here's some for everyone to remain strong for the remainder of the day!

Katie, Evette, where are you?
  • Heather - I hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Hello All

I hope that everyone has had an excellent Monday. Another busy weekend, however vacation started today...YIPEEEEE !!! I did TO last Thurs and Friday, then went to the state fair on Saturday. Unfortunatley they didn't have salad on a stick, so instead I had hotdish on a stick.....It may be a MN thing.

The scale has been nice so far, usually it takes a couple days until the truth is revealed.

It sounds like everyone has been busy losing, that is awesome. I feel good to be back on track it has been a crazy 6 weeks.
    Oh yeah I am making the steak fajitas? from the cookbook for diner. I know someone, can't find the thread was asking about good mexican. I'll let you know how it is.

Have a good evening
    Krystal
  • Quote: Hello All

Unfortunatley they didn't have salad on a stick, so instead I had hotdish on a stick.....It may be a MN thing.
    Krystal
    salad on a stick!!
  • Lori - way to go!
    Sherry - good luck on the job.
    Bernadette – I agree with what Sherry said - looks like you need more veggies. Also, I'm on the gold plan and you get 2 Tablespoons of RF peanut butter as 1 protein so you need more protein. On Day 2, I don't see where you got Dairy in. Although my progress is slow, I'm also learning that you need to eat everything on this program.
    Butterfli - I don't think the low fat carmel dip fits into the program...sorry! Sorry your COD isn't more helpful. Keep going in with questions and hopefully they'll be better prepared for you. I don't know how plans change when you go from one to the other. I went from Blue to Gold when I wasn't exercising a whole lot (4+ hours a week) and I lost a starch and 1/2 protein - man I miss that starch!
    Pearl - You are doing so great! Hope DH is too! How was bowling? I love bowling! I'll be looking for your recipes...the chile one sounds good, but I'm a wimp and don't do HOT HOT HOT.
    Lisa - confession is good for the soul! Sometimes posting on this site makes me even hungrier. Hang in there and hopefully the binge monster won't surface again for a while.
    LeaAnn - you'll be happy to know that instead of working I went out and cut my grass and trimmed bushes! Hope no one I work with is lurking out there!! Of course I'll have to get some stuff done tonight, but I'm so much better focused when the sun goes down.
    WI tomorrow should be just the highlight of my week (NOT!). Other than Saturday's wine, I've been good, but the scale and I just don't see eye to eye!
  • Joni - thanks for the info, bummer caramel dip didn't fit anywhere though, wonder if they would really sabbatoge my weight?

I have to go try to find some dinner now, didn't go grocery shopping as I was out all weekend so my cabinets are bare which is not a good thing!! I think my major problem is actually feeding my husband instead of myself. How many vegetables can you count in vegetable soup, was thinking of making some but with all the different ones, what three vegetables in a bowl?
  • Hey gang!

Well, I chugged the hot lemon water just before I ate my micro mini burger (I only had 1/2 protein left so it was tiny). That was over an hour ago and I still don't have to pee. Guess I better go drink some more!

I'm really scared to weigh in tomorrow

Hope you all stay POP and keep on smilin'!

Hugs,
  • Hi chickies- TOM is kicking my butt this week. I am bloated and just feel like a blob, and should probably throw in some iron pills because I am bleeding so hard. It is really hot here today and my patience is gone. DH is probably jumping for joy that he is out of town tonight and doesn't have to put up with me. So tonight is kick back and relax night. I'll either read a book, watch a movie or go in my craft room and play with my knitting machine.

Butterfli- I will almost bet that the FF caramel dip is LOADED with sugar. I made some veggie soup once with all the extra veggies in the fridge. I put cabbage, shrooms, zucchini, onions, cauliflower and broccoli. I used LS V-8 and VLS beef broth as the base. Made a huge pot and froze it in individual servings. You can get all 4 veggies in one big bowl. 1 cup of the broth is 2 veggies depending on how much beef broth you used and then all the other veggies would be 1/2 c. servings so 1 c. veggies and you have all of them in for the day.

Rebecca- You are HOT HOT HOT as always girl!!

Sherry- on the job, that would be cool.

Pearl- WTG on the loss. You are doing so awesome!!

Beanie- Good luck on TO

Cassie- Sending you some vibes that Ernesto misses you!!

Lisa & Carol- Yay on your losses!!!

Carmen, Jenni, Bernadette, Joni, Lea Ann, Krystal, Debra, HeatherPP, Sommer and all you other awesome chickies-
    Have a wonderful evening.
  • Thanks Deb, I lovvvvve my veggie soup!
  • I weighed in at the COD on Saturday and was down 2.2 lbs since Monday so I was very happy about that seeing as my loss the week before was only 0.2 lbs due to a camping trip.

I was to go to the COD today as that is my usually day to met with the counsellor and get my lites etc but I had a huge migraine this morning so I didn't go in to work hence didn't go to COD. I did however manage to get most of my water in today. I have about 16 oz left which I will go guggle with some more lemon as well as have my snack. Fr and S left for the day - I am thinking about a la biscotti that I have in the pantry.

While doing my warm lemon water internet research I found another article that said if under 150 lbs then the juice of one lemon is good if over 150 lbs you should have the juice of 2 lemons. I am going to try to have my lemon water in the morning as that is when all the articles recommend it.

Congratulations to all the losers and all those that have stayed POP.

Also thumbs up to all those that feel off the wagon and got back on again!
  • Hello Everyone!

Today was my first day of TO. I'll admit that I would kill for a piece of cake right now. It's really hard eating only protein and green veggies all day. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning, which probably wasn't the best idea, 'cause now I am SOOOO tired! I miss my carbs. Good thing the TO is only 2 days. I meet with my counselor tomorrow to get my plan. I'm curious to see which color I am. I'm preparing myself for the sales pitch battle I'll have to fight tomorrow. I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a good night ladies.

I'm off to the bathroom AGAIN! Anyone else have that problem on TO?
  • Good Morning Everybody!

Well, it's the first day of classes for me today. I can't wait!

Shannon - Congrats on your loss!

Connie - with Day 2 of TO. Also, mention to your counselor the amount of exercise you do, because that will certainly determine the plan that you will be on.

Katie, Evette, Sommer, Cassi, Joan, Joni, Heather PP, Heather CP, Carmen, Pearl, and everyone else I missed -

Here's to a great POP day today!