Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Miss BBCake and WELCOME! :-)

It's so strange to hear that a COD ran out of TO Juice! TO is kind of rough, but you'll be so excited when you do that weigh in! And then when you start your first week on the plan, it seems heavenly to add real food back in! (Especially with the LA Lite bars! If you like sweets, they're really good.)

I agree with what the other chicks said about how good you'll feel after just a short time on the plan! The program is really good. It's balanced healthy food that you can buy at your grocery store, so you'll really be able to teach yourself better eating habits.

Don't know how much you've been able to read about the program, but heads up -- at the end of your first week, the COD will give you a sales pitch to buy all the Lites you need for the entire program. There's a discount, but it's still pretty high for one fell swoop. If you want to do the Lites, you can do it on a pay as you go basis. If you don't want to do the Lites, they will bump you up to the next higher plan (Red Plus) and you get more food options. Just so you're prepared.... :-)

All the best to you!!
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #17  

how long did it take you guys to lose? I have some bad news.. my first day on the red plan and i already went off. We had dinner out and i opted for a chicken caesar roll up with fries. i think im hopeless...
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #18  

oh, i'm definately not liking the la lites.. they tast like cardboard with hardened chocolate syrup on them
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Miss BB - OK... time to take a step back and think about why you want to lose weight. We need to accept that certain foods just don't exist for us right now. They will, during maintenance, but right now you need to focus on giving your body the fuel it needs.

As for the lites - I didn't like any of the ones in my sample box. I ended up buying a lot of caramel and chocolate coconut and smores. I would tell your COD that you are not buying the bulk purchase right away, try a few different kinds, and if you still don't like them, either try some of the Lunas, Kashi Crunchy or Pria Complete. If you still don't like the bars, tell the COD so that they can put you on an all food plan.

Stay strong, and we will be here for you.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #20  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

miss bbcake--it varies for eveyone--mostly depends on how much you have to lose. I lost 9 pounds in the first month, and 29 in 5 months. 38 pounds is my goal so if you have more, and you follow the plan, you will lose a lot more, a lot faster--there are gals here who have certainly lost a lot more than me in a shorter time frame.

If you don't like the bars don't eat them--they can't make you. Either go to an all food plan or bars from the store--you have lots of choices. There are plenty of gals here that do the bars successfully and just as many who are on all food and doing just as great, so you just have to do what works for you. Good luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #21  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Miss bbcake- I've been on the plan for 7 months and was on "hold" for one month. So in 6 months of weight loss, I have lost a total of 54 lbs. and 22 1/2" inches. I started out at a tight 24W and have gone down to a 20W in pants and an XL in tops. Yea, my bottom 1/2 is holding on to all that weight.

Give it a few weeks and then try those fries again. You will probably find that you will end up with a tummy ache from all the grease. If I have any now, it's just snatching a couple from DH when we go out to eat.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #22  

Miss bbcakes,

I'm also pretty new to the program. I've only found that I like the honey nougat and caramel bars. You might try the "shakes" with some fruit and ice blended in. It's not too bad. Two things that have saved me are yogurt and frozen blueberries. Someone on one of these threads suggested the frozen blueberries and I was pleasantly surprised at how good they are. You can have 3/4 of a cup on the plan, but I have 1/4 cup straight from the freezer three times throughout the day. They're best for me when they have thawed just a little. I also each the yogurt with 7 almonds chopped up and one pack of splenda. You might try these if you aren't already. They really have helped me through the first week and a half.

Patty
JSMS135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Ooh... Patty, the yogurt with the almonds sounds yummy. I will have to try that!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #24  
Deb on LAWL

Frozen grapes and frozen fresh pineapple are yummy too. So good when it's so hot out!! I also like to freeze my fruit that I am going to make smoothies with, that way I don't have to use ice.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #25  

Cassie - I never liked eating yogurt until I tried this. The Splenda gives the sweetness and almonds the crunch. I always need crunchy things. I think this is why I don't care for the creamy lite bars. I did, however, microwave one of the creamy ones the other night and it was pretty good. I think it was the chocolate crunch. Are you aware of any creative ways to get the bars in without just eating them out of the package? They're going to get old pretty soon. I'm really glad I only purchased a small amount up front.

Patty
Old 08-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #26  
Deb on LAWL

Patty- you can also use the powdered lites. Here is a thread where we talked about different things to do with them
<A title=http://www.*************.com/ href="http://www.*************.com/">Subsitute for LAWL soup mix? - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

I also buy a few luna bars and Kashi go lean bars just for a change of pace instead of eating the lites all the time.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #27  

Thanks, There were one or two I'll try. Still being pretty new to the plan, I haven't branched out too much yet on creating meals. I seem to be eating individual things.