Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #76  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Wow JulieMarie you go girl!!! Im not much on going to the gym I have my treadmill at home and im trying to work up to do the workout mode on there that goes from 2.0-4.0 in intervals but my treadmill is so much faster than some others i have been on in fact the one i use at this hotel my BF and go to for weekend getaways their 3.0 is the same speed as my 2.0 at home so im working up to 4.0 lol im doing 3.0 right now for about 3 min right now was doing 2 min last week. I start at 2.0 and work up to 3.0 and then work back down over a 20 min period. I realize its starting off slow but hey gotta start somewhere. I also have an elliptical however, i still have to put it together might try to do that tonight. A friend of the family his girlfriend lost 50lbs just using the elliptical she started off at 5 min a day and did it everyday and has worked her way up but i dont think she changed her eating habits.

ohhhh GL at looking into the Foster thing let us know how that goes!!

Kristi sorry you have been having some challenges. I am with you I have some coming up with weekend. Trying to plan for them now so i dont blow it.

Already had my shake today drinking a bottle of water and eating my apple right now. I was not POP yesterday but OP i think i might have gone over on my starches. But not bad i just had a yeast roll at dinner. Onward and downward (on the scale!!)

Have a POP day boost gals!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #77  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Kristi-we do need to hook up-silly that we haven't already! What part of town do you live in? I'm in NE . . . .

Britt-you're right-gotta start somewhere and it's better not to start doing too much cuz then you burn out . . .

And i don't even allow rolls in my house!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #78  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well JulieMarie im usually good about avoiding the bread even though I love it but last night i couldnt resist lol. Normally I dont fix enough for myself to have a piece so its not a problem but of course with the yeast rolls they come in the alum. container and you fix them all together. I should look on the package and see how bad i really was lol.

Good idea not to let them in the house.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hey boost chicks.

just got back from WI. I was pretty down this morning because home scale had me up but at WI i was down .4oz. not as much as i expected so i'm even more down and i had a dumb counselor. I told you gals about them switching me to green and measuring today but of course that didnt happen. She said "green is from 128lbs you are no where near 128lbs, you're gonna starve your body" i was like well the caroline (the store manager) said that i could switch to green but she was like "you have to be at least 5lbs away from 128 to switch" so i didnt argue. I dont think she gets that their scale is with me having jeans on and clothes. If i wasnt wearing anything my body weight is below 133lbs. i'm just like whatever. also she didnt measure me because she said that she wants the girl that has been measuring me to measure me and she's on vaca. wont be back until next week. I'm wondering what will happen if that girl quits. Also at the end she's trying to sell me the $32 new cookbook. she's like "this is a better cookbook, its like a real one. the other 1 was mostly like common sense". i was like no its a bit too much for me right now. If the other 1 was like common sense why were they selling it?? ahhh i'm just having a bad day so far. I feel like having them put me on hold for a week so i dont have to go there. i really hope the scale starts moving a bit more, i'm so close. Anyway glad to hear you gals are all doing ok.

Heather did you end up going to the pool? if so how was it? i had my 1st swimming lesson last night. It was scary but fun. How are the boys today? Darn scales, they all need to be destroyed. I can name many foods that need to be outlawed. Hope you are having a better day today.

Juliemarie & Britt thats great getting exercise, i was exercising every day but put it on hold for a little because i was stalling, maybe i need to start back. I have an elliptical and love it. I was doing 1/2 hr and 5mi every morning. really gets the heart rate going and is not so harsh on the knees. when you are heavier also the treadmill is really brutal to your legs. & Britt any exercise is good, i really need to start again maybe that will help.

Kristi goodluck this weekend and dont let the scales get you down. something i need to tell myself. Just try to do the best you can. when i do that i find that i can really do good.

well POP so far and staying that way, chat with you gals later, thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better.

Last edited by Debbie24; 07-25-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #80  
Princess Heather

Hello ladies! Are we boosting this afternoon? I am doing well so far today!

Debbie: We didn't make it to the pool. We had a caseworker come by today so we didn't get out. But we will make it before summer is over I am sure!

Kristi: You can do this cocktail party! I have confidence in you! Besides if you lived in a cave you wouldn't have internet and you wouldn't know US!

Juliemarie: Way to go on your work out and your food!

Well the boys are both in bed...(we didn't get the other baby) and I am going to do dishes a few other chores! Later boosters!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #81  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Boost Gals where are you???????

Well I had WI this morning and was down another .2 not much but ill take it. A loss is a loss is a loss!!!

I had a little problem being hungry last night and I told them at the center and she sat there and stared at my diary and looked and looked and looked and said well you could always split your la lite in the afternoon and save half for evening in case you get hungry. It was like she was looking for something in my diary that i did wrong she isnt my fav she isnt very friendly just get ya in and out so she can move on to the next person.

Hope all of you are doing well check back in later...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #82  

Morning my boost buddies.

britt congrats on the loss. sorry about the stupid counselor. the other night i also finished everything for the day and needed something sweet quick, dont know why but had a craving for sweet so i made some crystal lite and had a glass of that and then i was ok. i'm not sure its very filling but it satisfied my sweet craving. i read in the july friends katie suggested some tea or coffee. maybe that will do it. if you dont want just plain water then crystal lite or some diet soda may help.

nothing new going on here, i'm getting tired of my home scale. i have to weigh myself like 4 times and sometimes the #'s are different. i may go WI tomorrow, i only go 2 times a week. we'll see what the evil scale says tomorrow. if its a loss i'll be content, even a small 1. where is everyone else??? hope you all are having a good day so far. POP so far for me. trying to stay strong.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #83  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey Debbie & Kristi

JulieMarie, HeatherCP, Sommer, who am i missing... well anyway the brain is shot today and the rest of the boost gals... Come out and play!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #84  
Let's try this again . .

i'm here! Just a bit busy Yesterday was good-2 days in a row POP! Had a baby shower to go to last nite-didn't have the cheesecake (I held the baby while everybody else ate!). Since I went to the gym after work, showered and went straight to the shower-it was a good nite since I couldn't do any boredom eating. When I got home late-I drank my shake real quick and went to bed.

We're on reg program today, right? I need to go bacj and look at the schedule . . .
Old 07-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #85  

you started on the 17th right Juliemarie? if so we're on regular today and tomorrow. whoohoo for staying strong, mmm cheesecake.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #86  
Let's try this again . .

Yeah-the cheesecake did look good-but it's kinda easy resisting when other people are around. When I'm alone-it's another story. I'm my own worst enemy!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #87  

i know what you mean, i'm home all day with 2 kids and no adults to see me doing something wrong, it takes alot to resist that cabinet full of goodies but i have to stay strong.

kristi mmm homemade cookies. you gals sometimes just make me crave these things. we should outlaw these words on the board. i've been good for a while, i hope a crash is not coming on.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #88  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well JulieMarie I would imagine that the baby was more enjoyable than the cheesecake anyway lol. Good Job on resisting!!!!

Im supposed to be on my last shake day but since I had breakfast and used up 2 starches and we are having pasta tonight im just gonna do a POP day. I went home to exercise and I almost didnt but i made myself and i feel better for it

ok im gonna eat my late lunch now lol.

ohhhh wait debbie speaking of goodies in the cabinet my mom of all people brought home 3 boxes of no no's (cupcakes, twinkies and something else) After she just told the guys last week that nothing unhealthy was coming through that door haha!!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #89  
Princess Heather

What a day..I took the boys to the zoo today with my best friend and two other foster moms and their kids....we were kind of like our own parade...11 kids from 4 days old to 13 and 4 adults...But the good news is I managed to stay OP! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! We are taking care of the little girl that we had over the weekend again. Her foster mom had to out of town on an emergency. But on Friday I am getting another boy! He's 5 months old and they keep saying it will be a short term placement, but we are learning that in the "system" short term doesn't always mean short term! LOL Well I am off for now. I am exhausted and behind in my housework! Thinking about going to WI tomorrow depending on my schedule! I'll keep you posted.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #90  

morning boost buddies.

well yesterday started out good and ended really bad. Some curley fries, mini corndog and just went downhill from there. i shouldnt have cooked anything since DH said that he will have whatever was in the fridge but i was trying to be a good wife and make him some kind of dinner which was supposed to be turkey burger and fries for him and my dad but ended up trying a couple of things and then couldnt stop. i'm paying for it this morning though. up about 1lb on home scale but maybe its mostly water. i'll do some lemon water either today or tomorrow and maybe things will go back.

hope everyone else had a POP day yesterday. today's a new day for me so aiming for a POP day.

Heather - congrats on the new baby, i dont know how you do it, i cant even take my 2 sometimes. you are a great mom. i am not a very patient person lately.

juliemarie, kristi, britt, and all other boost buddies