Old 07-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #886  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Well.....I havent lost (or posted, LOL) in about , lets see....4 months...and I have gained from my original goal low (mainly due to exercise and the gain is a big 3 pounds) but I do NOT consider myself a joke and neither should you...we have seen the end in sight and keeping it off is the real lesson here. It sure is nice to post every day with a "I lost another 2 pounds, wow, I dont even know how I did it" but for everyone at some point or other, it slows down and even though some of us are "stuck", it by no means undercuts all the victories we have acheived...y'all arent alone!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #887  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks guys- I know, I know, I have accomplished something losing 27 pounds, and the summer proved to be a road block in my progress. I know I will get back to losing soon, it is just not going to be as easy or as fast as the first 20 pounds were. I have to remember that to keep this in perspective.
thanks for your encouragement.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:22 AM   #888  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES!! Well, my home scale is looking good....we'll see what the COD says when I check in a bit later this morning. I'm trying to figure out why a 2.5 oz Morningstar Veggie Burger (which is very, very good in my opinion) counts as 1 protein.....I could have easily eaten two, but my book says ANY veggie burger is 1 protein. Doesn't seem fair. Guess I'll ask today.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #889  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb New LAWL fun

I know that posting this on a weekend will probably bury it, but hopefully we can spread the word.

One of the other message boards I belong to is holding it's 3rd annual holiday ornament exchange, and I thought it might be fun to organize something like that here.

Good grief - am I talking about December already? Gross! But, it does take some planning, so here goes:

It works like this. You PM me your real name, your real address and what type of ornaments you like. Then in October, I will send you the name and ornament preferences of an exchange buddy via PM. You would go out and buy or make an ornament for your buddy. Put a holiday card in it with your real name and 3FC name. All gifts must reach the person prior to a predetermined day in December. Then on a predetermined day in December we all will open our ornament. We will post a description of what we got and thank the sender.

We send the packages anonymously (no hints in the return address), and don't open them until the big day. The anticipation of looking at the mystery box and wondering who sent it, is almost as much fun as getting the ornament! Last year I got an ornament from Australia! And the year before, from Boston.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Just something you really like and think they would. It can be homemade or store bought.

I believe past participators had a great time with it. If you are interested please send me a PM.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #890  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--what a fun idea! We all already feel like we know one another. Now, put your photo back up--I love that picture. When is the trip to Cali??

DH and DD went out to town for the day to visit some of his family--I am supposed to be doing some "alone" shopping--apparently I complain that I never get to, so here's my chance, it's noon and I just got out of the shower!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #891  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good afternoon Chickies!

Bronchitis seems better. Only today and tomorrow on the steroids. All other meds are done! So, with all the meds and TOM here (TMI moment... I am on a pill that TOM only visits every 12 weeks, not every month, so when he's here, it's with a vengeance!), my week went like this:

Monday - down 2 lbs. from last weeks WI (I only went once)
Wednesday - up 2.5 lbs. COD moved me to purple, told me I should buy Excel and something else, and TO juice. I declined.
Friday - down 3.8 lbs. COD (same counselor) actually said "Holy S**T" when I got on the scale. I'm guessing she didn't really believe me on Wed. about the meds and TOM.

Anyhoo... Just wanted to check in. I spent all yesterday catching up with the last week and a half of readin.

Lea Ann - Hang in there. You have done such an awesome job of changing your way of life, and a few pounds either way cannot take that away from you. You're going to set a great example for your PE students!

Lisa - Same thing to you, too! None of us think you are a joke or a failure. Your "stick to-it-ness" is actually motivating!

Lori - Great idea on the ornaments. Sounds like fun. (Oh, and the others were right - you look smokin' in that dress)

Heather PP - Love the avatar. You are just cute as christmas!

Heather CP - Hope all is well with your full house. You and DH are a real inspiration.

Katie - Hope all goes well with the family b-day party!

Sommer, Britt, Debbie, and everyone else I missed - HI!!!!!

I saw a few newbies also this week. WELCOME!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #892  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
Well.....I havent lost (or posted, LOL) in about , lets see....4 months...and I have gained from my original goal low (mainly due to exercise and the gain is a big 3 pounds) but I do NOT consider myself a joke and neither should you...we have seen the end in sight and keeping it off is the real lesson here. It sure is nice to post every day with a "I lost another 2 pounds, wow, I dont even know how I did it" but for everyone at some point or other, it slows down and even though some of us are "stuck", it by no means undercuts all the victories we have acheived...y'all arent alone!
Sure do miss ya around here, come visit now and again!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #893  
on LAWL

Cassi--so glad you are feeling better. I had pneunomia a couple summers ago (stupid teacher--got in in May but that's too hectic a time to go to Dr.!!) I seriously wanted to die and without the steroids and vicadin I think I would have! WTG on the losses!! Goofy counselors.

Had a good shopping day--me and everyone in the tri state area was at the mall--ugh--I hate crowds, but since I was alone so it was bearable. Got some clothes for school and a cutie new bra at Victoria Secret--I always felt so weird going in there so I never did, today wasn't so bad.

Hope you've all had a great one--POP and all.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #894  
Princess Heather

Well it's been a weekend and it's already Sat. night. I went to WI today and was down another 4 pounds! WHOO HOOO!!! As we were leaving WI to go shopping for baby clothes we were rear ended. Scared us more than anything...I was turned around putting the pacifier in the baby's mouth and so I'm a bit sore because I wasn't sitting straight when we were hit...but other than that all is well.

On Friday my 8 month old went to live with grandparents! I miss him so much but he is home with family and where he is supposed to be! I did tell grandpa and grandma that I am always free to babysit! So instead of the full house I thought I would have I am back to having 2! But our name's on the list and ya never know when you'll get that call. The new baby is a doll! He is 5 months old and just as sweet as can be. I am sure he thinks our house is eventful...taking one child home yesterday and a car accident today....wait till he sees how boring we really are. He has some medical concerns...mostly because it seems he wasn't taken care of properly in the other foster home he was in. That just really gets me going....it's one thing having these kids taken away from parents for abuse or neglect but in the foster home they are supposed to be safe....anyway..i'm off that soapbox. He's here now and about to find out how great life can be! I intend to spoil him just as much as I did the other one! LOL

Well I'm off to bed...I am expecting pretty sore muscles in the am! Talk to you chickies later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #895  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Heather- You are so great! Those kids are so lucky to be taken care of by you. Even though you had to say good bye to the 8 mo old already, look at how much you did for him in the short time you had him. He went from only taking a bottle every 2 hours round the clock to eating table foods and being on a normal schedule! Those grandparents are lucky you straightened him out before they got him.

Totally off plan today but i had fun. We drove up to Michigan and picked 19 pounds of blueberries, then we went to the beach on Lake Michigan. It was a beautiful and very hot day! The beach was the best place to be. Now I am making 2 blueberry pies for company we are having tomorrow. I know I will not be on plan tomorrow either- we are having 25-30 family over- kind of an impromptu reunion. I am ordering fried chicken. i will be too busy to think about being on plan. But I promise to jump right back on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #896  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday morning - I was down a pound at the COD yesterday and they confirmed that my tiny Morningstar veggie burger is, in fact, one protein. They also gave me the following frozen meal guidelines; right off the bat I can say use your best judgement since my favorite Lean Cuisine frozen meal (approved and listed in the LAWL menu plan) is the Sesame Chicken and it's 340 calories (it fits all the other guidelines).

To be able to eat a frozen meal according to plan it must:
- have 300 or less calories
- have no more than 10 grams of fat
- have at least 14 grams of protein
- no more than 1,000 mg of sodium

So, I intend to eat a couple of those Kashi frozen meals and count them as a protein and a starch.

Cassi - hope your brochitis continues to go away and that the steroids don't have too much of an effect on the scale!

Heather - ouch on the rear ending. Hope your aches aren't too bad today. Your threads make me laugh and cry. I'm sure you'll have your new little one in good health in no time.

Lea Ann - did you model your new purchases for DH? Glad your shopping went well. Is there such a thing as a BAD shopping day?

Lori - I really like your idea and have sent you a PM. Here in Georgia one of the radio stations was playing Christmas music yesterday. That just wasn't right.

Well, I had a few treats last night at a friend's birthday party. Nothing too bad, but plan to be POP today. So far so good (okay, I've only been up for 45 minutes!).

Last edited by Joni135; 07-30-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #897  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Lisa - Hang in there chickie! Lea Ann is absolutely right. no one is perfect. And it really shouldn't matter what any "lurkers" think. We're the ones that have gotten to know you, and know how challenging certain times may be! So, please continue to post, loss or not!!
Glad you had a great time at the beach! Sounds like such fun. I don't even know when the last time I went to a beach was ...

Deets - I wish you would post more. You have lost sooo much, and although you may not be exactly where you want to be, you are still an inspiration to us. It goes to show that the program works, and you are living proof of that!

Lori - what a great idea, with the holiday ornaments! I will pm you my info shortly.

Cassi - glad you are feeling better. Congrats on your loss!

Heather CP - Congrats on your loss too!! 4 lbs is awesome.

Joni - Congrats on your loss!!

Not much going on here for me. DH is at work for a few hours, then we are supposed to go to a car show. Hopefully it will be a good day! It's still a little cloudy right now. I'll take it though, since it's been so blipping hot lately!

Hope everyone has a great POP day!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #898  
on LAWL

HeatherCP--hope you are feeling decent today--so sorry about the wreck--how scary for you. Take some advil and stay on the heating pad. Sounds like you are enjoying the new baby and you are a much better woman than I am being able to give the other to grandparents--it takes a lot of heart and you have it. CONGRATS on the 4 pounds--that's awesome.

Lisa--can I come?? Blueberries seem to be my current addiciton--YUM. Enjoy your company--tomorrow is a new day. This is life and this is what's important!

Joni--thanks for the frozen food guide--it's a good rule of thumb even if some of the "approved" meals are over--good to have while shopping. Keep us posted on some tasty Kashi meals--I am stuck on lean cuisine pizza. And yes, DH loved the new stuff--unfortunately (sometimes) he's a little too easy to impress! I should be thrilled that "love is blind" b/c he truly doesn't seem to see the excess!

Sherry--hope you get to go to the car show--sounds fun--DH is bummed because there is no Nascar today. We were supposed to go to a baseball game (minor league I think or farm or something!) but it rained--DD was not happy, she was so excited about going--poor thing.

Have a good one!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #899  

Lisa--
I totally know how you feel! I lost 15 and now have gained 6---
and I do care (I think....) but it is just so hard to get motivated!!!
I went ahead and payed for 10 more weeks at the COD (who has had sooooo much turn over I don't know anyone who works there!!!)
and got some lites too.
This board helps alot even though I don't post a lot-----I lurk and feel that I know everyone here and don't feel that I am alone in this weight loss crisis I seem to be having.
Going to the store today buying all POP stuff, and I bought the new cookbook at the COD, It is good

Goodluck today!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #900  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Default New to LAWL

Hello! I'm on my very first day of LAWL! I burned my eggbeaters and the coffee is disgusting, but.... I'm sure there's better days ahead! What's a good short term goal? I have 98 pounds to lose, but that's so big.... any suggestions on a smaller goal to keep me motivated?

~Jenni~

FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote