Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/194/142

Default Tri Max supplements...and a little ranting

Started LAWL in late April. Like the eating plan and the weigh-ins. HATE the "counseling" sessions. Where did they get their moronic questions and topics of the week? Do you socialize? What kind of question is that? My real question is what is up with the TriMax Plus and the Carb Enders? I thought they worked (and I'm pretty skeptical as a rule, as you probably noticed) and suddenly they're unavailable. Reformulating? When? Funny how something so "crucial" became just "helpful" in a few weeks' time.
dwindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #2  

Both were still available at my COD. The Carb Cravers are white kidney bean extract. If they work for you, buy them from somewhere else (got them at Wal-Mart) and save some money.
Bowknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

They gave me one bottle of each of the vitamins when I started, they didn't give me the carb enders or the tri-max plus and have never asked or pushed them on me at all, so they can't be that crucial. I didn't have anything in my medical history that would keep me from taking them, so I don't know what's up there and am not going to knock it. I would take your bottles and go to GNC or walmart and buy something comparable that is cheaper if they work for you.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #4  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I buy Carb Interceptor from Vitamin World for $3 a bottle - same exact thing as carb enders. I use them occasionally, when I have a Carb Cravers meal, or a really heavy starch.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #5  

I'm still stuck on the counselors having topics to discuss! Is that true? Mine never have. Each session pretty much consists of asking about my last BM, taking my blood pressure - then noticing that I don't buy bars and asking about that After that, they look at my journal and send me on my way.

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

My COD has never brought up the topics. I see them on my chart but we just discuss whatever I want. My COD still has Tri-max and Carb Enders.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #7  

Hey! I'm a Great Falls girl transplanted to the Pacific NW. Good to see a home girl here!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:30 AM   #8  

Yeah, I'd be laughing too if it wasn't so damn annoying and insulting. I mentioned that I don't like the sessions and feel they're counter productive for me, but nothing changed. I don't mean to sound anti-social, but I'm busy and getting in there 3x a week is a lot and I don't have time for the vapid, idle topic "chat" just so they have something to say. If they have a NEW tip to share or if I have questions I'd like to have a "session". Otherwise, weigh me, pat me on the back or wish me better luck next day and send me out the door. I've got STUFF to do!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #9  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

I don't know about you, but I don't go in 3x a week. And I'm new to this. I just don't want to take the time. I'm thinking twice a week is fine, and if during an especially busy week, (the holidays?), I manage to get there only once it'll still be okay. Hope I'm right.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #10  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

My COD has this week started a huge campaign for the Tri-max. They're back! they say. Never took them to begin with, so I didn't miss them!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote