3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Who's up for a Monday challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/87778-whos-up-monday-challenge.html)

stiesta 06-26-2006 10:38 AM

Who's up for a Monday challenge

Okay guys -- here is the deal. I am really good at starting the week off great, by Thursday and Friday I am down a few pounds, and I blow it and put it all back on over the weekend. NO MORE! I am starting a new challenge for anyone interested to be PERFECTLY POP for 7 days, starting today. Not one cheat, not one bite, not one morsel of a bite. I need to really jump start myself so I can get this ball rolling downward again. Any fellow weekend cheaters interested in joining me? We will be accountable to each other and will post our weight loss results next Monday morning. I am nervous with the 4th of July coming up next week that I will use that as an opportunity to rationalize away 2 weeks of bad eating. NOT GONNA DO IT! 7 days of POP...any takers?

juliemarie 06-26-2006 10:51 AM

Count me in-it's so hot here I'm doing TO today and tomorrow . . . . .

Repo girl 06-26-2006 10:55 AM

Oh, I am so in. I have been just terrible lately. Here goes nothin!

kewe92103 06-26-2006 11:03 AM

Me too. I like Mondays , a good starting place. I have been off sugar and the white processed junk for a week. "except for last nite" Was feeling good. But, am going to go more towards the South Beach Way of eating this week.

azgal32 06-26-2006 11:20 AM

Stiesta: You read my mind! I was horrible this weekend and now paid for it this morning when I weighed in.:( I am always so good during the week and then the weekends come, and I find myself indulging. I almost want to avoid social events to prevent me from cheating. I went to a baby shower yesterday and totally pigged out! I am WAY in!!! This is just what I needed! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Erin

Sue1968 06-26-2006 11:35 AM

I'm in as well, but will be POP through this week and report on Friday; we leave for vaction on Saturday and I'm extremely nervous / anxious; I already know I"m giving up my frozen drinks and need some low calorie substitutions.

Tomkyn 06-26-2006 11:45 AM

I'm in too. I'm fine on the weekends until dinner. When I'm at work all day I stay pretty routine, but then dinner comes and we often go out with friends and I eat what I shouldn't at a restaurant and...Ahhh! 7 days POP I'm totally in.

MTdebster921 06-26-2006 11:51 AM

Count me in too. I did gain a few lbs. from vacation and have physically felt like crap ever since we got home. I am going to do TO tomorrow and Wed to see if I can get myself jump started again.

JulieMoon 06-26-2006 12:01 PM

I am soooo totally in! Thanks so much for thinking of this. Of course this morning was a fresh start for me already, as Monday mornings usually are. We are all going to do 7 days POP!!! I'm so excited! And we had all better see the results of our hard work!
Good luck everyone!

Juliemoon

StargazerJMK 06-26-2006 12:02 PM

Count me in! I am really beginning to HATE weekends... so much to do and so little time to actually plan and eat properly. :(

psycgirl 06-26-2006 12:18 PM

Ohhh...sounds fun, but can I participate only through Friday? We are leaving Thursday evening to celebrate my DS 1st birthday with both grandmas in San Antonio. I will try to be good with all else, but I am eating cake on Sunday...I can say that now. Just a little bit...
But, I will be back and will do WI with ya'll on Monday.

stiesta 06-26-2006 12:51 PM

YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas! :hug:

Mom_of_3_Monsters 06-26-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiesta
YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who blows it on the weekends. My thoughts with this are that if I can take it one week at a time, totally POP, that it will become habit again and the weight will come off. So maybe each week we can do a Monday challenge, but not getting overwhelmed because we're taking it a week at a time. Let's do it, chicas! :hug:

No sweetie you are not alone !! The weekends are so hard for me too -- with 3 kids and being on the go during the weekend -- I get sick of salads :p and honestly here lately, my life is overwhelming me -- although I have been TRYING to be in control of my eating so I can have "control" over something !!

bizlawchik 06-26-2006 01:21 PM

Count Me In!

I just got back yesterday from a 7 day cruise. Weight gain of 6.4 lbs. - but it was sooooo worth it. I am doing TO today and tomorrow.

Sue - For an alternatve to the frozen drinks try Crystal Light lemonade with vodka - Very refreshing and yummy!

Karla B 06-26-2006 01:28 PM

Count me in!! I am terrible on the weekends.