Old 07-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #31  

Your grandson sounds so cute. I have almost 6 grandkids. The oldest is almost 9. Hard to believe. Hate to see the teenage years come. I have been through that 10 times now and it does take a little bit out of you. My oldest girl lives in Portland and we like visiting there. We only drove once in 2000 and took 7 of the kids. We totaled 2 nearly new cars! We have flown ever since! Just visited my dd who is a potter new the twin cities. Too much to eat. Starting over today.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #32  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - happy new week!

Just checking in. I had a pretty decent weekend - I actually managed to stick to my guns and grill a couple of chicken breasts while everyone else was getting pizza. Luckily for me, it's greasy and nasty, in my opinion, so not much of a temptation!

Now, if I could only get myself to start exercising! I'm not even walking - work/travel stress is ruling my life right now, so when I get home, I just collapse on the couch. I hope to get a lot of walking in while in China - plan to sneak in as much sight-seeing as possible while I'm there.

Ok, need to get back to work... :-(
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #33  

Good afternoon!

Carol ...the teenage years do take it out of you...I only went thru it once (one daughter) and boy it was the worst experience of MY life but everything is OK now. Thank God is all I can say!

Had a good day. Went for a long walk early in the day (on a hill) my poor dog was dragging behind me. I think he wanted to be carried but I kept thinking "I wonder if I will make it to my car"....so he was out of luck.

Food wise, it has been good too. I don't want to blow all my good exercising. I have made a kale, potato, chick pea and red pepper soup for tonight. I am hungry and I still have 2 hours to wait.

You must be on your way Ledom! We are rooting for you. I was rereading the posts and you said you were "crazy" about R. That must be wonderful to be crazy about someone...I remember that...wink wink
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #34  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey ladies - I finally got back to the WiFi coffee shop to check in and catch up. It has been so busy since I last posted but everything seems to be coming together. The insurance is good and my contractor seems heaven sent. I know that sounds impossible but it's true. He says that by the time I get back from my trip the work should be very close to done. I believe him because he has been working since it happened almost to get everything on track. All this without seeing a cent until today.

Cindy I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you very getting started with your plan. It sounds like you are doing great, getting everything all lined out for success.

judi - I forgot about your RV fire. Yesterday I stood by as the demolition crew took down what was left of the garage. 99 percent of my christmas ornaments were lost but the one thing that got me so excited was that the handcarved wooden nativity set survived. I have always loved it and though I hadn't even thought of it, I was so very happy to see it in the rubble.

Well, I leave early Friday a.m. and I don't know if I'll make it back to post before then but I wanted to tell you girls I will think of you and I will have my laptop with me on the trip so perhaps I'll be able to check in with you.

Take care.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #35  

Ledom, I am glad things are going along smoothly and that you have a good contractor. That was neat about the nativity set.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you. Are you flying to Oregon?

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #36  

Ledom hey have a fun trip. now is this your oregon one. oh you will love it. have fun and a blast. sounds like one planned. i love oregon. glad all is going good. is here. laDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #37  

My oldest daughter lives in Oregon and I love going there. She is coming in Sept. so we will probably wait until Oct. or Nov. to visit. Maybe a good thing since it has been really hot there this summer......usually not, though, a very mild climate.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #38  

hi carol where in oregon does she live???? hope everyone is having as good day as i am having. been busy and not eating that way. ha have a good day to all of you. LaDean
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #39  

She lives in Portland. Actually her address is Beaverton but that is just a suburb. Everything is always so green there no mater what time of year. They have been having really hot weather so I wonderi if things are dying out.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #40  

Default Friday

Hi everyone

Things have been going very well...I have exercised all this week...a real first for me.

I know Beaverton, I think...is that where FRY'S is at? We would always stop there on the way to California. Also in one of the small malls in that area is the best Mexican restaurant...I wish I could remember its name. Even my DH liked it and he doesn't like Mexican food.

I can't wait to lose this weight. I am SOOO tired of being fat.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #41  

Hi, portland is 100 miles from me. eugene is 50 miles. i know where both are. beverton also. neat. i loss 1.4 last nite and so happy with me. this is 3 losses and no gains. so i am happy. started doing ww points again. but eating the jouge cruise plan to a time he has to eat and 6 meals a day. so is easy to work both together. good luck to all of you and have a great day. LaDean Oh picked cucumbers today and canning them. oh there so good. ha helps me with my snacks..
Old 07-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #42  

It is so hot here, just like it was earlier in Portland. Dry, too. I am spending the whole day moving the sprinkler. We don't have central air, either. Used ot be in WI you didn't need it. We do have 2 window air conditioners in bedrooms. That is a blessing. The cucumbers are starting here, too. With all this hot weather maybe we'll get some tomatoes soon. Yum! I've got a lot of juice to make this year as I've run out.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #43  

Default cucumbers

You girls are lucky you get cucumbers...we don't have enough sun to grow really good ones.

Things are good...DH and I are doing a juice fast today. It is actually kind of nice to free from thinking about what we are going to eat and what should I cook.

I had a scoop of slimfast in glass of 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 milk this morning. I blended it so it tasted sort of like and orange julius. At lunch DH made carrot juice. We have a juicer that just usually sits in the cupboard.

I think we might do this once a week.

Have a good week everyone.

We are waiting to hear the holiday news Ledom
Old 07-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #44  

Hi all. yes love the cucumbers. got 7 gallons of pickles done today. and so there coming on. hubby loves doing it. we do it together ihave my part to do to. ha helps with the eating to. green tomatoes coming on so won't be long. i love them. is so hot and suppose to be in 100 this weekend. or close. i dread it. hate the heat. love my rain. ha ha glad all is going good with everyone. i have loss 3 times in row. so like that. scales looking good today. i love that after weekend and all. on my atkins plan again.. working it and the jorge curise time . eating every 3 hours on his plan. so is working out good. well good luck to all. have a great day. LaDean
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #45  

What gardener doesn't love rain? Did 14 qt of green beans yesterday in the near 100 degree weather. We don't have central air but do have a bedroom air conditioner which is really nice. It is to be a liittle cooler for a few days. A few heads of cauliflower need picking today. Suppose I'll freeze that. Heat is a good controller of the appertite!