Old 06-20-2006, 01:48 AM   #1  

Default Just joined--1st day on LA Express...

Let me introduce myself! My name is Jennifer, or Jenn, and I joined LAWL on Thursday, but they wanted me to wait until today to begin the program. I have A LOT of weight to lose...116 lbs. I am joking that I am losing my inner adolescent. So, on to today...for people who may understand????

Ugh. I am not a happy person. My dh is joking around with me, keeping it all lighthearted, but this break from carbs (Beloved bread and SUGAR) is really getting to me!

I go in for my "program" appointment tomorrow, so I will know what to buy and eat for Wednesday and beyond.

I have a headache and I am soooooo crabby! (But, I can still laugh somewhat about it all. ) I wasn't hungry at all until about 3 or 4:00 and then I was famished! Craving everything carb under the sun. ugh!

I have had the eggs, meat, 3 1/2 liters of water, and the take off juice. I did get a diet orange pop for the sweet cravings, didn't see a huge difference, though.

I hope tomorrow is better--or at least the rest of the plan is more manageable. I needed to go to the grocery store and wanted a sugar doughnut SO BAD, I didn't want to go alone--or at least unaccountable. I resisted, but I STILL want it.

I know it will be worth it eventually, but this day has lasted forever.

Jenn
hometeachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Jenn - to the boards! Everyone here has been so supportive and helpful with little tips & tricks.
Can you explain, though, what LA Express is? That's one of LAWL newer promotions, and we aren't familiar with that yet (unless they just renamed the same program?).
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

LA Express is what they call TO sometimes. It says that on the sheet they give you. It must be because you do not always have to use their juice.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Thanks Tannersmom. I have two sheets they gave me for the juice, (one for unlimited TO, and the other limited), and neither references express. But that makes sense.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #5  

Welcome Jenn!

I've been doing LAWL since January and have about 130+ to loose .. I"monly focusing on loosing 50lbs, then maybe 25 more, -- smaller goals; 130 seems impossible -- especially since I havnt been below 160 before ....

My first week of TO I lost 9lbs ... Try some ice chips, and the water will help. I found the juice to be very helpful and filling -- I hope it gets easier for you; what I noticed the most is it makes you enjoy the carbs (starches) and dairy even more when the TO is over .. and its only 2 days .. stick with it you can do it.

Good luck and welcome
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Jenn- Chin up chickie, I promise that it does get better. When they lay out your program for you tomorrow you will be suprised at the amount of food that you will be expected to consume daily. Express really will cut back back the sugar cravings immensely. For today though, remember that your body has been using sugar like a drug, and suddenly you are not getting high anymore. It will take a while to adjust to that. Hot drinks like coffee and tea with splenda really curb your hunger. Sugar free gum and sugar free hard candies help a lot too. I find it helpful to set some short term goals with some non food rewards in mind. I have rewarded myself with stuff like clothes, makeup, highlights in my hair, a new comforter and sheets for my bed, movies, and things like that for every 10 lbs that I shed. Good luck today, bear in mind that tomorrow will be totally different, and much better. Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #7  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Welcome Jenn!

You and I have close to the same amount of weight to lose, I have a little more. 130 total, but I am down to 123 now. I started 2 weeks ago, but I've done this diet before, about 7 years ago. It was extremely successful, as it will be again. Remember that, it is successful, it's all you though. You need to hold yourself accountable.

I find it is easiest to write down everything you're going to get at the store for as many days as you want to shop for. Write it all down and do not deviate from it for anything. If you do this, you'll make your shopping trip shorter because you already know what you want, and you won't be tempted to put something not on the list into your basket. Will power is tough but its the only way you'll see results.

Stick around here and join the June board in discussions. We talk about what works for us and what doesn't, what we had a hard time with and our little victories. It will make the diet seem a lot less scary when you relate with others. The little victories are progress. You'll be happy you joined.

Good luck to you!!!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote