3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oldie Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/87062-oldie-newbie.html)

psycgirl 06-16-2006 09:44 PM

Oldie Newbie

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking for a few days. I am a newbie here but a veteran of LAWL. I started in January 2004 after having my first child at 181 pounds. Hubby asked me when we could have another child, and I told him, "When I lose 50 pounds!" So, he signed me up!In 6 months, I met goal and finished at 141, then dropped to 134 after stabilization.
AND....yup...got preggo AGAIN within 2 months. Needless to say, I gained 30 again. So, I just had my second child last June and have tried again and again to return to LAWL. However, huge turnover and low motivation on my part keep me plateaued.
THEN...I found you! I started again (really, I did!) on Tuesday but am going on my own because I just cannot go back to my COD (love that moniker) when I don't recognize a soul there. I have already lost 2 pounds (water, I'm sure) but am concerned about falling off the wagon.
So, can I join you ladies here for some acountability?!?!?!?!?!?! :angel: Need to be good and the weight will come off.
The interesting thing is, when I did LAWL, it was when the plan was on laminated cards...anyone remember that? The choices (especially starches and fruits) were more strict. I wonder if that is why I lost so fast?!?!?
So, this time I am trying sans LITES. I am using PRIA, but honestly just want to avoid sugar if I can. I am doing Gold.
I am so glad I found this board!

shennie_97 06-16-2006 09:58 PM

:welcome: Psycgirl
of course you can join us. I had got down to almost my goal weigth a few months ago and then I was house hunting, trying to finish my practicum at school, getting DS through 4th grade, packing, maoving...etc, etc and I gained back 20 lbs in a little over 2 months. I am doing it o my own this time (at least until I get to the stabilization part and then I will go back to the COD)

join us on the monthly thread

deetsmom 06-16-2006 10:18 PM

Hi:) You can totally do it just by being here and avoiding COD..congrats on the baby:) I stopped going to COD after stabilization..unlike you , it started a gaining trend for me:( I am maintaining on my own, a few pounds heavier than my lowest WI of 133 at the center, but I think this is where my body truly wants to stay. I cant belive you lost 7 pounds on stabilization though, thats fabulous! I dont use lites or subsitutions of any kind anymore, I founfd they really made me want more sugar, I prefer having more whole foods. The June thread is fun, see you there:)

Tomkyn 06-17-2006 08:14 AM

Hi and welcome! I'm also a veteran of LAWL and doing it on my own this time. I lost 100+ the first time I did it, about 7 years ago, I can't remember exactly. But moving across country and my grandma passing away turned me into an emotional eater for a while and well, here I am, back at it again. In any case, I'm doing it on my own as well. I do not want to go back to the center, it's very far from where I live and I never thought they were as supportive as they should be. I love it on these boards, and I'm sure you will too.

Good luck!