Old 06-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #1  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Default What are your must have OP foods?

Please give me some ideas on what to eat. I have been doing LAWL for 10 weeks but I need some new ideas. I'm tired of eating the same things. I am craving more starches. (Maybe it's just PMS.) What are some foods you just cannot be OP without?
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Reduced fat Peanut butter
baby carrots
pita pockets
english muffins
sugar free jello
ff cool whip
cucumber
high pulp OJ

I get tired of the same ol same ol starches too. I really like my bread, and tend to forget that rice, oatmeal, peas and corn are starches too!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know, I have been on LAWL since last August, and I have not used peas or corn for a starch yet. Crazy, huh? Foods I must have:
Frozen berries
LF Laughing Cow Cheese
Pitas
Butter spray
Baby carrots
FF Cool Whip
RF Sharp cheese
SF gum
Coffee with Splenda and creamer
Turkey burger
Chicken, chicken, and more chicken!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #4  

I have to agree with some of you

FF cool whip
pita bread
my low fat cheese -- oh I love my 2 ounces a day!
chicken / fish
cucumbers
FF cream cheese

Do you count the LF laughing cow cheese as a dairy -- are they the ones in the cubes? I'm trying the Quiche tomorrow am .. very anxious to see how it is!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #5  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

I'm definitely going to have to try the pitas. Is there a certain brand you like best? I just bought baby carrots yesterday to snack on since I was having a hard time eating all my vegetables recently. They are a nice snack. Thank you so much for the ideas.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

By far, Reduced fat peanut butter. Can't function without it. Also, not exactly OP but these aren't slowing me down yet: Great Value 98% Fat Free No Sugar Added ice cream sandwiches. Can't find them non-generic; they have 110 calories & 1.5 g fat, so they may not be "legal" but they're leaner than the LA Starch Snacks.
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #7  

Is there a big difference between the RF peanut butter and the regular PB; I thought the RF has more carbs/sugars? I've always used the regular one

I get the small pita's at the grocery store; I think 65 calories each, but one is one 1S vs. 2 slices of diet bread being 2 S
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/160/135

I found these half pita pockets already cut up at walmart, by the deli.
They are awesome.. Called "Kangaroo pockets" and they have a honey/wheat one. I usually eat one of those and fill it with chicken and bell peppers with some Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle on the days that I want "mexican food"
80 calories apiece.
I know I just just buy a pita and cut it in half, but these are perfectly portioned already!
austinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #9  
On stabilization

I also buy the Kangaroo brand pitas, although our neighborhood Yokes has something similar called Tortilla bread, that doesn't split, but looks really soft and yummy. I bought some yesterday and will eat it like toast with RF peanut butter in the morning.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #10  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Default kangaroo pockets

hkychik and austinmom,
these kangaroo pitas? you buy them at walmart? they sound really good. do you count one pita as 1 s or 2?
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #11  
On stabilization

1 pita pocket (half a 6" round) is 1 starch. I say 6" because there is no such thing as a 4" pita where I live.....
Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #12  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Sue, the RF PB has 190 cals and 12 g fat per 2 tablespoons; I don't have regular in the house anymore so I'm not certain how it compares. I believe regular Jif has 16 g fat and over 200 calories (230?). It isn't reduced that much, and I think it does have more sugar & carbs. I don't even really agree with eating RF PB, but when I first joined LAWL I was so religiously devoted to perfection and my menu plan says only RF PB is allowed. It took some getting used to -- the taste is quite different, at first -- but I did get used to it and still use it just to be "legal." Really, each peanut butter has pros and cons; I bet it wouldn't really even affect your progress no matter which you choose.
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I have to comment about the RF peanut butter. I have Peter Pan RF. It has 190 calories, 11 g fat. It tastes VERY GOOD!!! I can't even tell the difference between this and regular.
So good that I did start having a problem with it. I was eating it on a daily basis, and my weight kind of stalled. My COD asked me to cut down on the PB to a couple times a week instead of every day. I will let you know how that works out...
But it goes to say that everything should be taken into moderation, and your body needs variety.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #14  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I use the Kangaroo pockets every day, too. Oh, the many uses of pitas. 1 wedge of Laughing cow lite is 1/2 a dairy. My favorite breakfast is 1 toasted kangaroo pocket with 1 scrambled egg and a wedge of LC cheese. Oh, man is that good. Yoga Gurl found packages of crepes at her Super Walmart. They are only 35 calories a piece. She said they are awsome with berries and whipped cream. I couldn't find them, though, so I am not sure what the brand is.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/160/135

I count them as one starch... I buy them at WalMart. Here, they are about $1.25 for 6. They come in a tray with a plastic bag. They also have advertisements all over them for "the pocket diet." Way yummy.
austinmom is offline   Reply With Quote