Blue this can't be right ??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello I am new to this LA weight loss, but me and my friend who lives out of town , are doing this together via email but she had her appt and went now she is 5'3 183 pounds and wants to lose 53 pounds , and they put her on gold she may get about 1 hour of exercise a week, so anyways, I went to mine last night I am 5"3 185 pounds and wants to lose 50 pounds , I explained that I will try to exericse but I really thought maybe a hour a week at most, they put me on blue !! WHY WHY are the diffrent I know somethings are diffrent but I don't understand why when we are the same about and want to lose the same. Please someone help, can this be right ? The COD wasn't great I really disliked her she was why to occupied I thought ?
    Stacey
  • Oh yeah sorry we are not doing lites or bars cause of prices !!
    Stacey
  • It could be other factors. Such as health conditions etc. Do you work a different schedule than she does...ie...shift worker?!
  • No, we both work in insurance 9-5 mon- fri Neither one has any serious health conditions !!
    Stacey
  • Hi stacey!

Take a deep breath, girl! Just go with it for now-see how it goes. If you're not losing, they'll move you to a different plan. If your friend isn't losing, they'll move her up a plan. You just need to go with the flow, especially when you're first starting . . . .

You could also ask why you're on blue and not gold the next time you're in. It's certainly possible they made a mistake at one of the centers. IMO-if your friend isn't doing the lites-she shouldn't be on gold. I'm guessing the fact you're not doing the lites is why you're on blue . . .

that's my 2 cents-
  • Are you sure your friend is no lites? I have heard there is no such thing as gold or green w/o lites.
  • Quote: Are you sure your friend is no lites? I have heard there is no such thing as gold or green w/o lites.
    That is what I was thinking as well!!
  • I totally agree with JulieMarie as well - see how it goes - you never know - I started on gold w/ lites, but then switched to blue due to extra exercising - now, I think I'm kind of btw red and blue due to heavy weight training - I'm mostly doing blue with extra proteins......I don't go to the COD - so I try and play around and see what works for my body - it is not always a definite answer
  • I think that you are definitely on the right plan, but your friend is not going to lose as fast as you, because she is not getting enough food.
  • Thanks ladies but I am getting more confused by the min. I will be exercising 1 hour a week to start , I have 40-50 pounds to lose, I am not doing lites and whne I went to the center the other day she showed me the chart that stated if I had ideal weight = 50 = gold but they still have me on blue. I don't get it I am not doing the lites or bars I hate them, but I just don't get it. Well I am starting today so I guess we will see .
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    Stacey
  • Stacey,
    I'm pretty sure they put you on blue because you aren't eating the lites - they always up your food if you don't plan to eat the lites - they want to make sure you eat enough so that your body doesn't think you're starving and hang on for dear life. Katie is right - it's weird, but if you don't eat enough and in the right combinations, you won't lose weight.

I'm with Heather and JulieMarie - just try what they have you doing and see what happens in the first couple of weeks. Don't worry about what your friend's COD told her - this is about you.
  • I didn't think blue had that much more food than gold. Is it enough addition to offset the bars? I started at 188 and they put me on Gold with the lites-- I would be curious to hear your calories on Blue. I completely stall anytime I dip below 1200--learned the hard way I think! What extra does Blue have over Gold?
  • Yeah Kristi right, 1/2 protein and 1 more starch, I have lost 1.5 pounds in 3 days so maybe they are right. Thanks ladies for your thoughts on this I will keep in touch.
    Stacey
  • If you qualify for GOld or Green the plan you need to go on with out the lites is purple. Any questions ,please feel free to ask me.
  • If youre not using lites and exercise more than 2hrs, then its red, right?