Old 06-24-2006, 07:58 AM   #1  

Default now I know why you call in COD vent

I joined last November after DD2 was born. I took a long break and just went back because my head was not into it. Anyway, I hve lost a good amount of weight so far (20lbs. 25 to go)

Yesterday when I went the girl I met with got a phone call, she was doing her sales pitch for 10 minutes (reading from the telemarketing script) and was very pushy, while I am sitting there with my 2 dds.

It was crazy. Then I asked her about sushi (it's my anniversary soon) and she said OH NO NO SUSHI.

I asked her about frozen foods (only those that are on there) She just seemed like an idiot.

After i was done, she went on to her coworkers about the phone call and how she almost got him in.

I really like the diet a lot, I do well with exchanges rather than points, etc, but I think now I realize where there bottom line is. I purchased their lites in advance but I'm only doing one a day (I opted to get some more dairy and fiber in my diet and that's going well.)

Just a vent. Thanks for listening and good luck to all.
momofgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #2  

Default LITES, a problem with them

Any one else have a problem with them. Don't you find the whole diet ironic. It's very low startch and carbs and then they give you lites which have the same nutritional value as a snickers bar?

I love the diet I really do, I just wonder about that.
momofgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #3  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Your sushi story made me laugh because when I used to go to the COD, about 7 years ago, I remember asking if I could have sushi and the girl went ballistic. "Oh NO you cannot have sushi! It's so bad for you!" and I sort of went, "But it's raw fish and seaweed and a very small amount of rice. All of these things I can have on their own..." She sort of stared at me and said, "That is NOT sushi. You absolutely cannot have sushi."
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

It really is disappointing sometimes how they are there...I HATE how they take the calls like that and at my COD, NO ONE was EVER at the front desk. WHY NOT HAVE A TRAINED COUNSELOR BE AT THE FRONT DESK and pitch in on the phones and rotate in with the others seeing clients? DUH?!!!!! My COD, you could walk in off the street and no one is there if they are busy, its desolate...what if youre a new customer and walk in like that? It gives a customer way too much ability to chicken out and run away, it can also be intimidating.

About the lites, I really agree 100% and hundreds of dollars later....I went to all foods and feel so much healthier, I consume no processed food now, which really falls in line with the whole concept of a healthy lifestyle program (did y'all know thats what LA stands for? LIFESTYLE ADJUSTMENT, Not Los Angeles or anything like that....). They are by and large consistently inconsistent.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #5  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

I agree with you Kristi, my COD is great. Even though I don't eat sushi, i'll ask my counselor about it, and see what she says ^^
Theres only been one time when my counselor answered the phone, it was a woman calling in to tell her she had to have surgery and put everything on hold.
That was all. Didn't last too long.
Everyone at my center is very friendly, when you weigh in and leave, everyone asks you how much you lost, and they cheer for you almost every time.
Its great. ^^
I too wish everyone had my center and its employees.
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #6  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

*bows*
Thank you. Thank you.
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #7  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
They are by and large consistently inconsistent.
YUP !!

I was going to the COD a few years ago -- and I was actually told that I could not eat grape tomatoes ecause they were not on plan
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote