3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   i am now down 120.5...and lots to say about LAWL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/85-i-am-now-down-120-5-lots-say-about-lawl.html)

njsonja 02-17-2001 11:19 PM

I have lost 37.5 pounds since October 8, 2000 with LAWL. Before that I was with WW, having lost a great deal of weight, my body plateaud for 8 months......Since July 7, 1998, I have lost a total of 120.5 pounds...with approximately 23 more to go. I find LAWL to be an extremely difficult and disciplined program....especially for someone with my personality....I don't know what it means to cheat...I stick to the program like white on rice.....I take my food scale out with me when I eat. But what I wanted to say was that I am disgusted with their personnel. The girl that weighed me this morning...for sure weighed over 300 pounds. I would like to see people going through my daily struggle....I lost 4.5 pounds this week and all she said was, "It went down." It went down???????????????? I don't understand why they don't have people who are on the program and can relate to us. They are coming out with a new juice thing...in March. You do the program for 2 days. You can have 32 ozs of juice...2 bars, 6 ozs of protein, 2 veggies...I'm not sure if that's it..but one counselor at the Center did it and she lost 8 pounds in 2 days that she said stayed off. Of course, everyone's mileage may vary. Also, 2 weeks ago, I did the program they give you at the beginning...with all the protein hoping to jolt things....I gained 1.25 pounds last week, but lost 4.5 pounds this week. And I guess doing the protein thing...gave my brain a much needed rest. That's it for now...feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you wish to discuss further.

MrsJim 02-18-2001 02:22 AM

Okay, now I've got to say something. How come I hear so much about LA Weight Loss on the boards but I've never seen it around here? I live in California, BTW. Is it a Weight-Watchers like program or do they sell food or what? It amazes me how many programs there are out there - almost impossible to keep up with them...those of you who are on LAWL (or have been) what part of the country do you live on??

I'm getting the impression from other posts that this is a 1,000 - 1,200 calorie program, they sell supplement products, and you go somewhere to weigh in periodically. Not that I want to go on it, just wondering!

Thanks.

MrsJim
265/159/145

shortstuff 02-18-2001 09:10 AM

Sonja - You have done so incredibly well!!! Sticking to it is the name of the game. I very rarely, if at all cheated. My friends watched me scrutenize everything I put in my mouth. And now that I'm on maintenance I still am religious about having exactly the right portions of everything. That's horrible how that counselor just brused off your TERRIFIC loss. All the counselors at my center have lost weight with the plan or are on it now. It does help a ton when they understand what you're going through. I haven't heard of the juice thing, but being on maintenance its probably not something they'd offer me anyway. Keep up the terrific work you'll be at your goal in no time!!!

MrsJim - LAWL is mainly in the eastern 1/2 of the country. Contrary to their name they are actually based out of Pennsylvania. They are expanding constantly though, maybe one day they'll actually be that far West. They have 6 different plans depending on how much weight you have to loose and your individual circumstances. They range anywhere from around 1200-1500 calories. Its sort of based on the old WW exchange program. They have bars that they "require" you to buy which really helped curb my sweet tooth. There are others out there on the market though that cost alot less and are extremely similar. They do have other things like soup mixes, cereal bars and snack foods and and entire line of supplements all of which are optional. The plan itself is done with all your own food. You weigh in 3 times a week until you reach your goal, then you go twice a week during the stabilization period(when they start introducing more choices back into your diet and more food on a daily basis) and finally only once a week on maintenance. That's about it in a nutshell. All I can say is to me it is the best thing out there. I lost 85+lbs and over 55" and feel better than I have in years! Good luck to you. From your stats you're doing absolutely fantastic! Keep up the terrific work!

Terry

MrsJim 02-18-2001 10:18 AM

Terry -- that kills me -- like Los Angeles is some exotic place... :rolleyes: I had asked Jim if he had ever heard of LA Weight Loss (since he is actually an LA native). Not like he follows weight loss programs but he had never heard of it! I suppose Beverly Hills Diet and Hollywood Diet were already long taken...not that Hollywood is "all that" either.

I did figure though that LAWL was kinda like WW or Jenny Craig! Thanks for the info, as well as the encouragement!

MrsJim
265/159/145