3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LA Weightloss #32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/8454-la-weightloss-32-a.html)

Janie61 08-14-2001 04:49 PM

LA Weightloss #32

Hi again gals!
Starting fresh and new! That's me too! I lost 2 3/4 lbs from the weekend JetStart! Back on track! It's like starting all over again.
I'm down 23 3/4 #s. It's taken me 3 months to lose just 3 3/4 #s
what a struggle, but that's part of it! I envy those of you that have done so well so quickly! But I'm back!

Karen M.
Your soon to be ex is a jerk! I have a friend who's husband did the similar thing to her and it was all so strange. Come to find out, he had met this girl over the internet. She came to KY. to live with him, then he moved to Oregan with her and her kids, and it never worked out. She said that she didn't know what had happened. It's almost like he snapped! She saw a side that blew her away! They have been divorced 5 years and now she is remarrying this weekend. Keep your chin up, let yourself grieve over your loss, but realize that life is still there and the best is yet to come!

Good luck to everyone! Glad everyone is back!
Janie

karenwarren 08-14-2001 05:00 PM

Hi, Ladies!

Janie, thanks for the new thread. I am glad you are doing so well. I am struggling latleyl. I am just starting to wish i could eat anything I wanted in moderation. Great Job starting over!

Karen M. I am so sorry to hear of your problems! I wish I knew what to say. I couldn't imagine after 5 years what a shock! I will be married 5 years in Sept and I could only imagine how upset you are. I hope you have support to get through this. My in laws recently divorced and it turned out to be the best thing that could happen. They are both happy now. I hope happiness is coming you way soon. If you need to vent keep coming here.

I better go now!
Karen W

Jibbelle 08-14-2001 05:29 PM

recipe book

Do any of you have the LA Weighloss Recipe Book? I have seen it on display at the center but have not really looked at it (or asked how much it is). I was wondering if anyone has it and likes it.

Oh yeah...another question too. Do any of you do anything to reward yourself when you reach your intermediate goals (like every 10 lbs or something similar)?

SpringManor 08-14-2001 07:28 PM

Great, new thread...thanks.

Janie, congrats on your loss. Feels soooo good doesn't it. This is a great group of people here. Lots of support and help.

Lorrie

marciew 08-14-2001 07:28 PM

Jibbelle-Hey Marcie!! I don't think I have ever met another one! Do we spell it the same?? I do like to reward myself..I buy a little something nice like panties or a new bra or something to make me feel good.

Karen W, sounds like we are in the same boat...I just can't seem to get back on track. I really want to..maybe we should try and do it together. Let's do JetStart again and get us back on track! Whatta say??

Janie-Thanks for starting the new thread...I am so excited and proud of you..way to get back on the plan!!

KarenM-Just know we are here for ya...whether you just want to vent or talk about weight loss..I know right now this seems like ****, but it will get better and you are better off without him.....boy has he screwed up...and he'll come running back before you know it. Best advice I can give is to just try and let him go. You will get through this and we will all keep you in our prayers!!

Marcie

Jibbelle 08-15-2001 08:16 AM

yep yep

I spell it the same MarcieW....but I guess it would be MarcieB.

:lol:

marciew 08-15-2001 09:10 AM

Hey girls! Well I am doing Jet Start today...I know this will get me back on track. I am excited about being back. I feel so much better when I am on the plan! So here goes....back to losing weight and feeling great!!

Marcie

SasseMom 08-15-2001 10:41 AM

Hi Everyone!!!

Happy Wednesday everybody!! I go for my weigh in today. Monday, I was 1-2 pound away from the 20 pound mark. I hope I make it today, that's my goal. Wish me luck!!! I've been staying on plan, but I also started my period today, so I worry if that will have an effect as well.

In other news. Hubby and I have decided to join a gym. We won't be able to do it for another week or so, but it's definatley a priority for us!! :)

As far as rewards we do little things for each ten pounds. When both of us reach our goals we are going to buy nice outfits, rent a sportscar and go out dancing! WHOOOO HOOOOO I can't wait!!!

I'll post back after my weigh in!! Wish me luck!

Starting weight 233 1-2
Current weight 213
Goal: HOTTIE :devil:

Jibbelle 08-15-2001 12:59 PM

good luck!

Sassie Mom-

Best of luck to you!! I hope you are there. The sports car and dancing sounds awesome! When I get to my goal I am going to get certified to dive then take a trip with my boyfriend (hopefully fiance bye then!) to the Caribbean or Hawaii. I CANT WAIT! But, in the meantime...I want to do something for each 20 or 25 lb milestone I make. I still have not figured out what that is. I am only down 6 lbs, so I still have some time to decide.

MarcieW-

Good luck to you as well on the Jetstart! Keep us posted on progress.

I weigh in today...everyone keep their fingers crossed for me!:dizzy:

karenwarren 08-15-2001 02:27 PM

MarcieW, How is Jet going? Last time I did it I only lost 1/4 of a pound then I gained. I guess it isn't working for me! I am finally losing now. Mostly because I am sick and don't feel like over eating. I hope you are doing Ok. I will use you as inspiration to keep going!

Jibbelle, I ahve the cookbook. I can give you some of the recipies if you wnat. I don't use it much. I am pretty creative with my food. I ahve learned to change my old recipes to fit into my LA weighloss plan. I am going to go pick out a recipe for you. I will post it soon.

As far as reward I never did them. I didn't start till I lost 60 pounds. I really wish I had because it may have made me want to lose. We were tigh with money when i started and I felt bad spending so much on my plan. I may do something silly like a small tatoo on my belly. I figure it will help me wnat to stay thin so the tatoo doesn't stretch. I will probably chicken out though.

Our big reward was a trip for our anniversary. We will ahve to settle for a weeknd because hubby can't take off work. I am disappointed but a weekend will help. I need a small break from my kids.

SasseMom, I work at a gym in the daycare. I get a free membership. Some gyms will give you a free one if you volunteer to work the daycare for a few hours a week. Also most will give you a free trial week but you ahve to ask. Just tell them you wnat to try it out before purchasing a membership. This way you can go for free the first week and save a little bit of money.

Well, I need to go now. I ahve a lot to do. My youngest son is turning 2 tomorrow! I can't believe it!

Karen W

karenwarren 08-15-2001 02:41 PM

Jibbellle, Her is one recipe. I think the book was $24.00 If you are getting bored you may wnat to buy it. A lot of the recipes ahve dairy in them and I eat my dairy at breakfast. So, I don't use the book much. There are all kinds of recipees in it. I haven't tried this one but it looks good to me.

Oven-Fried Chicken

6 Or 8 ounces Boneless/skinless chicken breast (acording to plan)
2 slices Melba Toast Finely crushed
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
1/2 Cup Non fat plain yogurt
1 Clove garlic minced
2 teas white cooking wine (I have subsituted vinegar for wine in many recipes)
Dash red pepper

Breading: Mix Melba Toast and parsley, set aside

In a bowl combine, yogurt, garlic,wine,and red pepper

Coat chicken with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with melba toast crumbs.

Bake 350 for 30- 45 min or until no longer pink.

The thing I liked most was the ethnic section. it lets you know some other veggies ect that you can eat. Like we can ahve cornbread as a once per week limited starch. There is even a recipe for biscuits. I might make those tonight. In the mexican section it syas we can have jalapenos and salsa as a free food.

I hope I didn't give you more than you wanted to know.

Karen

Jibbelle 08-15-2001 02:42 PM

recipe

KarenW-

I would love to have a recipe. I am the most uncreative person in the world! I have been eating the same things for 2 weeks now. My boyfriend is about to go crazy...thankfully I dont have any kids to feed! :) It seems like my choices for proteins are really limited since I do not eat red meat. I am so sick of chicken and turkey. I really need to start incorporating more fish, but I live in the middle of the US and it is hard to get good fish.

MarcieW-

I did the Jetstart when I first started the program. I lost nothing on it...but lost 6 lbs the first week I was on the real food plan. My counselor says that happens sometimes, but maybe she was lying to make me feel better! :lol:

karenwarren 08-15-2001 02:45 PM

Jibbelle, I think we were posting at the same time.
Karen

Jibbelle 08-15-2001 04:37 PM

recipe

I just weighed in. I lost my first 10 lbs!!! WOOHOO

Karen-

Thanks for the recipe...since I have not had my dairy today I will try it tonight! I am going to buy the book. I think I need the variety to stay on the plan.

Take care all! :spin:

SasseMom 08-15-2001 09:30 PM

I GAINED!!!!

I gained TWO POUNDS!!! When I left the center I cried on my husband's shoulder. My counselor said that it's probably due to my TOM, and not to discouraged, but it's hard when I was only 1/2 pound away from my 20 pound mark!!!

My husband takes water pills, and he suggested that I take them during my TOM to help release the excess water weight gain. I took some tonight before dinner, we'll see! I'm SOOOO disappointed!! :s:

Karen,

Thanks for the recipe! I'm sure we'll all enjoy it. :^: I've seen the cookbook at the center, but haven't purchased it. They post a new recipe or two every week from it, and I always copy them down. I haven't used any of them because most of them do use your daily dairy supply, and LOVE my la lite shakes, and use my dairy in them. (four onces of skim milk, some ice, the shake mix, blend...YUMMY!)

Jibble,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:D :cool: :dizzy: You've reached your first MILESTONE!!!! That is so great!!! Keep up the good work!

Starting Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 215 :s:

Jibbelle 08-15-2001 09:56 PM

gain

Sassie-

I am sorry to hear about your gain, but I am guessing it is either due to your TOM or what you were wearing. Did you know a pair of jeans can weigh 3-4 lbs???? I am sure you will get it next time.

GOOD LUCK! We are all here for you.

marciew 08-15-2001 10:08 PM

Hey girls! Well JetStart didn't happen today b/c the weirdest thing happened to me. I was drying my hair and all of a sudden the sharp pain ran up into my neck and next thing I knew I couldn't look to the left or right. I was in so much pain. I called the place where I am temping and told them I couldn't come in today and I took some pain medications. Anyway...one of my friends brought pizza over for lunch for me. I only had one slice but obviously that isn't on the menu for JetStart. Then I slept until 6:00 and got up, but wasn't hungry. So now I am headed back to bed. Can you believe this? The pain is awful! I have a second interview with a great company tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. I hope all is well for the interview. I will do JetStart tomorrow for sure. I have everything ready. Thanks you guys for the support..it means so much to be able to come here and talk to you all.

Sassie-I hate to hear about the gain but after TOM I bet you have a huge surprise! I bet you lose like 4 pounds! Dont get upset or frustrated you are doing soooo awesome!!

I'll let you all know how JetStart is going tomorrow and how the interview went. Please keep your fingers crossed for me..I really want this job!
Thanks!
Marcie

SasseMom 08-16-2001 10:16 AM

Hope you are feeling better!

Marcie,

I hope you are feeling better. In my completely unproffessional opinion it sounds like something to do with your nerves. If it hasn't cleared up I hope you'll see a doctor! The way you describe it, it almost sounds like a siatic nerve problem, but of course that's not in your neck! Also, good luck at the interview!!! And I hope you are feeling better.

I still hate that I gained, but I made a constant decision NOT to stress about it until my tom is over, then we'll see. I'm staying on plan, and I guess that's all I can do!! I'll get there!

Starting weight 233 1-2
Current weight 215
Goal HOTTIE :devil:

Jibbelle 08-16-2001 12:11 PM

MarcieW-

Sorry to hear that your neck is hurting so bad. I hope your interview went well! Give us an update when you get a chance.

There is a huge box of bagels sitting by the coffee pot...and I have had to walk by it a million times this morning. I AM GOING NUTS! I love bread! argh

Take care all!

marciew 08-16-2001 12:43 PM

Hey everyone!! Well my neck is feeling a little better today. I got up and had my interview and it went really well. They are interviewing 3 people and they will make a decision tomorrow and will call me either way. So that is good..I have another interview at 1:30. It is a phone interview with a good company as well so I am excited about that. So far so good today..had eggs for breakfast, and chicken for lunch. I have drank lots of water already. Just 1 and 1/2 days to go. Jibbelle-hang in there...trust me those bagels wouldn't taste that good to ya....keep doing what you are doing! Sasse-dont get frustrated..i can't wait till you weigh in again! I bet you lose big!! Well, hopefully I can keep up this jetstart and get my body all clensed out!!
Talk to y'all later!
Marcie

SasseMom 08-16-2001 09:13 PM

NO NOS

Marcie,

I'm so glad that the interview went well and your neck is feeling better!!! Keep us posted on that.

Jibbelle,

I know what you mean about the bagels...it's hard isn't it. But here's a little story for you that might make it easier to walk away. I LOVE pepsi. I used to go through a cube (24 cans) of Pepsi's in two-three days. That's just me, noone else drinks it. Well obviously I gave up pepsi when I went on the program. As long as it hasn't been around, I haven't really missed it, which was surprising for me. Well, today my neighbor stopped in for a chat, and she had a pepsi with her. It just got me thinking about pepsi...wow wouldn't a pepsi taste good. Well......we have a little country store about a half mile from our house. After dinner tonight my daughter and I went for a little bike ride. We stopped at the little store. I bought her an ice cream for a little treat, AND I got myself a pepsi. Big NO NO I know, but I just REALLY REALLY wanted one, and I've been SOOOOOOO good about staying on plan. I took TWO drinks of the pepsi and threw it out. IT was just sooooo sweet, I couldn't stand it. And you know what, throwing the rest of that pepsi away actually felt good. I DIDN'T WANT IT. I thought I did, but it felt better walking away from it then any enjoyment I could have gotten out of it. You don't REALLY want those bagels do you? I bet walking away from them and saying, I could have and I CHOSE not to felt pretty good!!! Probably better then the bagels would have tasted!!!:smug: YOU CAN WALK AWAY!!!!!! ;)

Take Care....weigh in tommorow!!! WE CAN DO IT WE CAN DO IT!!!

Starting weight 233 1-2
Current weight 215
Goal HOTTIE :devil:

marciew 08-16-2001 10:25 PM

High Five!

Sasse, Just wanted to say "Way to go!" It is okay that you tasted your pepsi..the best part about it is it didn't taste good. I used to drink a coke every single morning and now I have a diet. I tried to drink a regular the other day and it made me sick!! Great job!! Just wanted to give you a high five for that!
Marcie

Jibbelle 08-17-2001 09:42 AM

pepsi

Very inspirational pepsi story!! Has anyone found a good diet soda??? I just cant stand the aspertame taste. I have noticed that it is in a lot of fat free yogurts too. ICK

Today I have a lunch meeting and the food is being catered in. I have no idea what it is. I am just hoping there is something there that is on my diet. Guess it will be a suprise. I have done really well so far...have not cheated once...so I do not want to start now.

My boyfriend has been wanting pizza for over a week. Last night he cooked a Digorno after I went to bed so he wouldnt have to eat it in front of me. Of course he left all the dishes for me to clean up this morning! :dizzy:

Tomorrow is weigh in, so I everyone keep their fingers crossed!

Take care!

SasseMom 08-17-2001 10:38 AM

Weigh In Day

I weigh in today too. I always get so nervous. I hope I go down instead of up again. I don't care if I hit the 20 lb mark today or not, just so the scale doesn't go up! LOL

Good luck today Jibbelle. I'm sure that their will be something at the lunch you can eat!! It's probaly too late, but maybe in the future you could bring something, just in case! We had a company picnic a few weeks ago and when I walked to the pavilion with my little cooler full of veggies and diet bread everyone thought I was crazy, but the catered picnic only offered my protien, so I was glad that I brought my veggies!!! :) Later on everyone told me how great they thought it was that I stuck to the plan even at a special occassion!!

Good Luck to everyone who weighs in today!!! :)

Starting Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 215

Jibbelle 08-17-2001 11:53 AM

Good idea Sassie! That is definately what I should have done. I have not not told anyone at work that I am doing this though, so I would have to play 20 questions, but I guess it would be worth it.

Good luck at your weigh in!

SasseMom 08-17-2001 11:27 PM

GREAT WEIGH IN!!

I had a GREAT weigh in today!!! I'm now down a total of 21.25 pounds!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO :dizzy: :cool: :p :D I found out that the new sneakers I had bought just before my last weigh in weigh 1 1-2 pounds, so I think I was only up 1-2 pound the last time. I am so physched!!!!

Now I'm wired to hit the thirty pound mark! LOL My NEXT goal! I'm only 31.25 pounds away from the goal I set at LA, but 51.25 pounds away from my own personal goal. That seems SOOO doable!!!

Jibbelle I know you had weigh in today too, how'd it go?

Starting Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 211.25

Jibbelle 08-18-2001 07:50 AM

SasseMom-

CONGRATS!!! WOOHOO *doing happy dance*

My weigh in is today....I go on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. I am a little scared because we had food catered in for a working lunch Friday and I had to eat something. Pasta House catered in...I skipped all the pastas with cream sauce but instead had 1/2 of a breaded chicken breast in some kind of brown sauce and a little bit of salad (with what I am sure was not fat free dressing). I ate just enough to keep me from getting hungry until 5:00 when all my meetings were over and I could go home and have a nulight and a peach. Next time....I will take something! Lesson learned. I felt very guilty....I hate to think about how much fat I ate in just that little bit of food. Thank heavens for that Fat Blocker Supplement!!!

I will post my new weight later this morning.

Take care all,

Jibbelle 08-18-2001 10:29 AM

me again

I just had my weigh in and I am up 1 lb from 277.5 to 278.5. I am dissapointed, but I still lost 4.5 lbs this week so I should be proud of that. Added to the 5 from last week....that makes it 9.5 in two weeks. Not too bad.

marciew 08-18-2001 11:38 AM

GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!!!

Way to go you two!! Jibbelle 4.5 for the week is so awesome!! And Sue...way to go on the 20 pound mark..your headed straight for the 30 pounds mark!
Great job!!

Marcie

Jibbelle 08-18-2001 01:41 PM

recipe

Karen-

I have a question about the oven fried chicken recipe. Are the exchanges:

1 protein, 1 starch, and 1 dairy

Just want to make sure since I am so new at this.

Thanks!

Marcie also
AKA Jibbelle

marciew 08-18-2001 04:54 PM

HELP!

Okay I officially need help getting back on track. I just weighed and I am at 191 now. I started LA WL at 195. I had lost down to 184. I can't fail at this to. I know what I need to do..why cant I just do it?? I am so angry at myself. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I have to get back on track and get my butt in gear.

Marcie W

Jibbelle 08-18-2001 05:47 PM

MarcieW-

Didnt you just finish your Jet Start? When I did that I gained a couple lbs...but then when I did my first week on the plan I lost 5!!!! My counselor said that it is not unusual for that to happen. Maybe you will be pleasently suprised when you go in next time!

Stick to your plan until then. I know you will do great! Dont give up...we are all here for you!

marciew 08-18-2001 10:32 PM

I started JetStart but never could stick to it. When I did it the first time I lost 4 pounds. I haven't been into weigh in 2 weeks. I have got to get it together! I know this program works and I was doing so good before and then BOOM...my job fell through, we were broke and I went back to my old eating habits. It all happened so fast. Anyway...I appreciate your support..I really need it right now and hearing all of your success helps as well. I need to bite the bullet and go weigh in. They will fuss at me, but I gotta do it.

Marcie W

SasseMom 08-18-2001 10:35 PM

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Marcie,

You can do it. I find that writing in my diary right after I eat keeps me on track. I actually keep it right on the table as a "visual" for the times I need it. Hang in there and stay on plan and the weight WILL come off. I have so much faith in you! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Jibbelle,

Don't stress about that one pound! 4.5 pounds is EXCELLENT!! You are on the right track!!! Hey, maybe it was your shoes!! LOL

I'm still on track here. I work Friday, Saturdays and Sundays, so that keeps the "nibbles" at bay. I'm a little worried about tommorow though. I took off so we could have my son's birthday party. (he'll be nine! Man, I'm getting old!) Cake, and chips and all that other party stuff. UGH!! But I'm sure I'll get through it. Somehow. I'm also doing a veggie tray, so if I need to nibble, I'll nibble on that! :) Wish me luck though!!!

Starting Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 211.25

Jibbelle 08-19-2001 08:10 AM

Sue-

I didnt have any shoes on! :lol: I always take my shoes off to weigh in. I want to be a light as possible! LOL

Marcie-

Sue mentioned that she writes everything in journal as soon as she eats it. I do it a little different. Every night before I go to bed I fill out my menu for the next day. I decide everything I am going to eat (other than free food like jello). All I have to do the next day is follow my plan and fill out when I take supplements or drink water! It works for me! I know exactly what I can eat and I am not looking thru the refrigerator trying to figure out what to fix while I am hungry. That is always tempting for me. I also like it because I can thaw out any meats or veggies that may be frozen the night before. That makes cooking quicker. You really should go weigh in...my counselors are SO encouraging. They keep me on track. Even when I gain they are very supportive also. You can do it...we are all here for ya!

Are you gals taking the supplements that go with the program?
Are there any men working at your centers?

SpringManor 08-19-2001 10:56 AM

What is the fat blocker that I heard mentioned. Is that the Tri Max?

Jibbelle 08-19-2001 11:00 AM

fat blocker

The fat blocker is sold as FB500....it is not the Tri-Max. You take it an hour after you eat meals containing fat (usually lunch and dinner). It think it absorbs some of the fat making it undigestable so that is just passes right through. It is especially good for those of us who travel a lot on business and are forced to frequently eat out.

SpringManor 08-19-2001 12:17 PM

What is the fat blocker? Is that the Tri Max?

Lorrie

SpringManor 08-19-2001 12:20 PM

Ok, thanks....sorry I posted it twice. My computer must be acting up or something cause I thought it didn't get posted. sorry again.
I have not had a good weekend. Lots of eating and family stuff going on. I am a weak person. But I will get back on track now.

Another question? What is the Tri Max for then? That is what I have. Guess I just took what they said and didn't question it. Is the FB500 better?

Jibbelle 08-19-2001 12:47 PM

The TriMax is what you take an hour before meals to help curb your appetite. I believe it also reduces cravings for starches and maybe something else. I can not keep them all straight. I take both Tri Max and FB500. They do two different things.

Sorry to hear about your weekend. They are tough for me too....I am too close to the kitchen too much of the time!! And my boyfriend (who is 6'4" 160lbs) eats all day every Sat and Sun. This morning he was making buscuits, sausage and gravy while I was having an egg, a piece of toast, and a slice of cantaloupe. Those buscuits sure did smell yummy!!!! But I resisted *pat on the back*