3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LA Weightloss #32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/8454-la-weightloss-32-a.html)

Jibbelle 08-19-2001 04:47 PM

Red Plan

I am very curious to see what the other plans are like.

I scanned the red plan into a Microsoft Word document and I can email it to anyone who is interested. If you dont have Word and would like it in another format let me know and I will see what I can do.

Anyone that wants it can send me an email at:

[email protected]

and I will reply to them with an attachment!

marciew 08-19-2001 05:06 PM

This is what the gold plan is:
2 proteins, 2 starches, 3 fruits, 3 veggies, 1 dairy, 2 lites, and 1 fat.

You can have red meat 2 times a week but not back to back days.
I bet this is a lot like the others huh? There are Limited and Unlimited choices. Like potatoes, rice, etc. I eat the cherry jello for my lites b/c I dont like the bars.

SpringManor 08-19-2001 05:54 PM

Jibbelle, I would like you to email to me. [email protected]
Thanks alot.

;)

Jibbelle 08-19-2001 05:55 PM

The red plan is 2+ proteins, 3 starches, 3 fruits, 4 veggies, 1 fat, 1 dairy and 2 la lites.

It looks like the difference between the red and gold is that red has one more starch and one more veggie. You can also have 1/2 a protein at breakfast....that is why they call it 2+. I usually dont eat protein at breakfast unless it is an egg once or twice a week.

I wonder how they decide which plan you go on. I will have to ask.

So some of you have switched plans? I wonder if over time they will change mine as well. Maybe they switch you if you reach a plateau where you are having trouble losing??

SasseMom 08-20-2001 02:39 AM

Plans

They started me on the purple plan. I believe that they place you on the plan according to the amount of weight you need to lose to make goal. I started at 233 1-2 and my LA goal is 180 (my own personal goal is 160) They told me I would have "three steps" I start on purple and then there will be two more plans that I will be on before I'm done with LA. (I forget which ones they said though) I get 2 protiens, 2 starches, 3 fruits, 2 veggies, 2 LA lites 1 fat and 1 dairy. I have the limited and unlimited choices. To tell you the truth, I get confused, and I have to look at my plan before every meal and often times consult my diary. I know they've been really great at my center with giving me advice that's not "on the plan" For example, one of my unlimited choices is turkey. Well at first I would buy deli turkey, but they said to stay away from that because deli meat is generally high in sodium. So instead I buy a turkey breast and cook it at home.

I didn't have such a great LA day today!!:s: It was my son's birthday party. I did really good about what I ATE. But I drank a lot of soda, and for the first time since I started at LA, I didn't get all my waters in. For the most part the soda was diet soda, but I'm only allowed one a day, and let's just say I surpassed that! I'm worried about my weigh in tommorow. But, there is nothing I can do about it now. I can't really beat myself up over it. I KNOW what I need to do, and that's stay on plan. It's working. But I'm still upset about it. I haven't had ONE carbonated drink since I've been on the plan...that's over five weeks now. I made up for it today!!!! UGH!!! My husband isn't on LA, but he's been working at losing weight too, and he went completley off his diet today. Before he went to bed, he said "We'll get back on track tommorow, let's not screw this up!" So I guess it's time to pick myself up by my bootstraps and do things right!!!!!

Starting weight 233 1-2
Current weight 211.25
Goal: HOTTIE :devil:

Stella Phillips 08-20-2001 04:02 AM

yes, getting back on track

:)
Hello everybody. How are you? I haven't had the courage to visit this site since the Spring, but I need to get serious about losing the rest of my weight. This weekend, I was pretty bad because I used my husband's birthday as an excuse to eat eat eat. I know what you mean about diet soda- it has no calories, but really affects weight loss. I guess the sodium is the problem. Tomorrow, I need to get and to stay serious. So far I've lost 150+ pounds, but I still have about 60+ more to lose. My husband wants to lose 5-10 more. He's lost 72 pounds. He's so much better than me. He stays focused on the diet so well. The weight loss charts tell me that I should be about 119 because of my height, but of course I want to quit at 189. I still have a lot more to go and looking for an email weight loss buddy...

sally...
;) ;) :dizzy:

SpringManor 08-20-2001 08:05 AM

Hi Sally.

I will be glad to be your weightloss buddy. I have lost 93 lbs on LA but lately have been struggling also. If you want to email me you are welcome to. My email is [email protected]. I will be happy to help you and it will help me also. I had a really bad weekend also. But I am going to get myself back going, its the only thing I can do. I have a really bad headache this morning. Probably from all the junk I ate this weekend....LOL Anyway, I am going to be on program today....I have too.

Jibbelle 08-20-2001 08:16 AM

I have to weigh in today...again....usually go to the center on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Do all of you go three times a week also??? It seems a bit excessive to me, but it is what they recommend. I have vendors coming in today that I have to take out for lunch. I think I will take them to a new seafood place called R.L. Steamers. I have never been there, but I am sure they will have something off the plan to eat. Maybe salad and salmon or something.

Sasse Mom-

I think we are all going to fall off the wagon on occassion. It is good that you had the diet soda and not the cake and ice cream though! You made a mistake, but I think it could have been a lot worse! Good luck getting back on track today. You can do it!

Sally-

Congrats of all the weight you have already lost! How long did it take you to lose 150? That is a really awesome feat! Good luck with the program and we are all here if you need anything. My email is [email protected] if you ever want to chat.

Take care all!

marciew 08-20-2001 09:33 AM

Hey everyone..well I made it through yesterday and did really well! I am going to go and weigh in today. My scale says 189 and theirs is usually a lot heavier than mine so it will probably say 192 or so. They are gonna get angry with me, but I need to go.

Sally, Welcome back and congrats on your weight loss! You should be so proud of yourself! If you ever want to chat let me know..my email is [email protected].

Sue-Dont worry about the diet cokes...you could have had real ones! Great job in a tough situation! Just drink more water today!

Jibbelle-Let us know how well your weigh in goes! I am gonna check on the supplements today!

Have a great LA Day everyone!!
LOTS OF WATER!!

Marcie

marciew 08-20-2001 11:06 AM

Hey!
Well went and weighed in and it was what i thought...191. Up 3 pounds from the last time I was there. I am mad at myself but am ready to just get back on track! I checked on the price of the supplements and they were $79.00..youch! I dont think i can do that right now. They said they last a month! I wonder if GNC has a product like that..I bet they do for cheaper! Anyway..cant wait to hear about everyones weigh in!!

marcie

SasseMom 08-20-2001 04:19 PM

Hi Everyone!!!

Hello Everybody! I hope everyone has a GREAT on plan day. Well I went to weigh in and even with the sodas....I lost!!! I'm now down to 210 even. TEN MORE POUNDS and I will be out of the two hundreds!! Oh that is SOOOOOOO doable!!!:p :cool:

Jibbelle, I hope you had a great lunch! How'd your weigh in go?
I go Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. It may seem a little excessive, however, I like it. It keeps me on track. And if you do get off track, knowing that you are going in, helps bring you back on track faster.

Sally,

I'm glad you are back on program!!! Your weight loss is AWESOME!! You can do it!! :^:

Marcie,

192 isn't that bad...it could have been worse!! You are doing great! You are back on track and that's where you need to be. You'll do great! I do notice I difference of about five pounds between their scale and mine. Mine being five pounds lighter. Sometimes I'd really like to just go by my scale! :lol:

My husband and I discussed the supplements, but we decided that they just aren't in the cards right now. We want to join a gym, and HE gets supplements from GNC, so I'm going to check them out. I would get slightly different ones then the ones he takes because I'm already on an Iron supplement (I'm anemic), so I want to check them out. We shall see. We go Friday to sign up at the gym! I'm so excited about this!!! :) I think the gym is going to be a wonderful experience for both of us. We have different goals, but I think the gym can help us both acheive them. (he wants to get "cut" I just want to LOSE!)

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!! Talk to you soon!!

Starting weight 232.5
Current weight 210
Goad: HOTTIE:devil:

marciew 08-20-2001 05:24 PM

Sue, before you know it you are gonna be a "hottie"!!! Way to go on your loss! Thanks also for the encouragment! I will not give up and am raring to go again! Just wanted to list my menu for the day:
1 egg
1 small apple
1 Diet Mt. Dew
LA Lite Jello 1 serving
1 Healthy Choice Cheese Pizza (Can only have one more of those this week)
Salad-Low Fat Dressing and low fat cheese for my dairy
1 cup of carrots
1 small apple
Dinner will be grilled chicken and green beans, watermelon and jello! I have had 64 oz of water and need one more 32 oz bottle.

What are y'all eating today???

Jibbelle 08-20-2001 05:38 PM

weigh in

Well...I just weighed in and I have not lost anything since Saturday..but I have not gained either. Guess that isnt too bad. I will go back in Wednesday and see where I am. I had on jeans today, last time I had on shorts, so that may have made a difference.

MarcieW-

My menu for the day so far:

breakfast--cereal bar, cottage cheese, cantaloupe

mid morning-- LA Light bar

lunch--grilled salmon, grilled yellow squash and zuchinni, 1/2 a dinner roll (as you may have guessed, I went out for lunch)

afternoon snack-LA light and cantaloupe

I am on track for the day with water and supplements too. I am saving my dairy for dessert tonight...will put it in a blender with a peach and make a smoothie!! OH YUMMY!

SasseMom-

I can only imagine how great it will feel to be out of the two hundreds!!! The rest of us are sure to follow though. You can lead the way!

maggiemay 08-20-2001 08:01 PM

Hi everyone
Sorry I haven't responded in a while------things have been crazy here.
I had dental work done last week and it really knocked me out!!!!!! I need to have a root canal, another tooth removed and a whole bunch of other things done. I think it going to coat about $15,000!!!!! Needless to say, I am upset over that. I was so thankful to my girlfrind--she had my son stay over her souse from MOn-Friday while I worked (went to the dentist twice last week), so, at least I didn't have the stress of worrying about my son while I was at the dentist and afterwards being in pain.
I decided to pamper myself on Wed (after waking up at 1PM) to get a manicure and pedicure----and of course get weighed in (they are next door to each other)------I GAINED 2 pounds--last week I had also gained 2 pounds.
It is so hard to get back into the swing of things. It is NOT hard when I am ontrack----it is just getting there-and STAYING!!!!!!!!!!!
I keep telling myself I will do Jetstart aging---but, when I start to think ahead to three days later---there is always something going on the 3rd day that I won't be able to do it.I think I will go full force the day after Labor Day. How aboout we all make that Challenge and see how we do---maybe make a goal for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Let me know!!!!!

Well-----gotta run
Glad you are all doing great!!!!
Take Care
Margaret

dietingrme 08-21-2001 01:36 AM

New L A Client

:wave: Hello!

I have joined the L A program for the very first time. I am tickled to find you ladies.

I started Aug 14th. Fortunately, I got off to a good start... 249/234/232 :)

I am so excited! My L A Goal is 140. My personal goal is 128, but to reach my L A Goal and maintain that weight for life will be acceptable.

In the past, when I lost 20 to 30 pounds, not only did I gain back that which I had lost, but then some.... all that lost weight came back and brought even more with it... each time... more & more.
I had gotten to the point that I never wanted to even hear the word diet... for fear of loosing pounds, only to put on additional pounds.

But, being larger than I have ever been... I decided to give L A a try. I've got a long road ahead and it will be nice to have some friends help me make the trip.

Jibbelle, I found your post on the FOOD Board last night re: L A Weight Loss Cookbook.... I have the book and posted a reply for a breakfast treat... FRENCH TOAST topped with fresh fruit.

I hope that each of you ladies reach your goals, maintain your desired weights, and live healthier, happier lives!

Nancy