3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/83101-lawl-losers-friends-may.html)

Rebeca 05-25-2006 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22903

Here is his picture... Not drooling please... I am a very jealous big sis!

Repo girl 05-25-2006 10:59 AM

Juliemarie- No, but I wish I did. I would definitely send him your way!

HeatherPP- I bet you look great chickie, you go with your sexy self!

Rebeca- Good for you with all of the exercise. I am jealous of your exercise and diet partner. I have tried to get my mom, sis, or DH to exercise with me, and I cannot get them going. I am hoping that when school gets out next week I can get my mom to start working out with me.

Lisa- Sorry you are feeling frustrated. I agree with the other chickies though, I would enjoy a good cheat day, then stay off of the scales for a few days. Hit the lemon water, and see what happens.

HeatherCP- Too funny about the hot sauce.

Repo girl 05-25-2006 11:00 AM

OMG Rebeca, are you guys just a whole family of super models or what?

Rebeca 05-25-2006 11:01 AM

Katy- THey dont have any other choice! LOL...

Rebeca 05-25-2006 11:02 AM

hehhe...thanks katy! Not... just him... my mother used to tell him that he wasnt part of the family when he was little...she said she found him in the trash and just felt sorry for him cause he was such an ugly baby....LOL

juliemarie 05-25-2006 11:07 AM

HooBoy- he's almost worth risking jail for! Is it illegal in Brazil to ravish a 17 yr old? (Sorry-I know it's your brother!)

Repo girl 05-25-2006 11:11 AM

I have a question about my mom. She had gastric bypass 2 years ago, and dumped 90 lbs in no time. She still wants to lose 50 more, but is really stuck. Partly it is her diet. She has to eat tiny meals all day, but she snacks on junk too much, IMO. Everytime I go over there she has a treat like cake, brownies, or something sitting on the counter. Partly though, she really needs to start exercising. I want to help her get to her goal. She totally deserves this, and if she doesn't go all the way, it seems like all that she went through with her GB was for nothing. I think that I will email her a link to fitday, so that she can start tracking her calories. School gets out next week, so she will be home for the summer, which should make things easier. She tried LAWL, but she could not eat as much as they wanted her to, and no way could she consume the amount of water they wanted her to. She finally gave up and gave the plan to my sis. My opinion is that she needs to get more protein, less carbs and sugar. Any thoughts on how I can approach this? I really want to help her, but I do not want her to think that I am rubbing my WL success in her face.

Boo'sMom 05-25-2006 11:13 AM

Rebeca--wow--he is a cutie--bet he's hard to keep in line!

JM--stop licking the screen--just kidding! Glad you aren't wasting your time on him if you're just not into him! Better things to do.

Thanks for the ink removal advice--the hairspray worked like a charm. I had already tried goo gone,alcohol (took some of it) and WD-40 and was getting frustrated (and scared DD#2 wasn't going to be with us much longer!) Appreciate it!

juliemarie 05-25-2006 11:18 AM

Did she not get good support from her doctor post-surgery? I thought you attended meetings afterwards and such. Obviously your're right. At meals-she should eat protein and veggies first and then can eat carbs if she's not full. As for exercise-what about a walking program? I gotta tell you-joining the marathon training group changed my life-the people are so amazing. Maybe do a little research and see what's in your area-there might be groups of women at similar ages and weights and fitness levels walking several times a week. It could turn into a real social group for her . . .

See if she can commit to a different way of eating for 1 week and then evaluate how she feels . . . . .

good luck-I'm having similar issues. My mom's having a heck of a time sticking to LAWL.

Boo'sMom 05-25-2006 11:22 AM

Katie--I don't envy your position. I so badly want to help my mom and sis in losing the extra weight. My mom is eating so much better but hates exercise and gets testy when it's brought up, and my sis walks a ton but eats crummy! Like you, I don't want to rub it in their face. Sis lost a ton years ago and drove us ALL nuts with her dieting, of course gained it all back and then some. My inlaws are obsessed with their losses and it's great but after while I just don't want to talk it to death--there is more to life! I guess I get all mine out here--YEAH!

Anyway--maybe school being out is the perfect opportunity to get her to do things with you. Just be like, "Hey, I'm so glad you have more time now--I really could use an exercise buddy to keep me motivated/company, etc...". I think our moms especially like to feel "needed" by us--a little reverse psychology never hurt.

Good Luck--it's hard--but I don't think any of us wants to be "that" girl that lost the weight and now drives everyone else crazy about it!! LOL

ljackson 05-25-2006 11:25 AM

Thanks you guys for the support, I feel better. This has been my pattern, every 10 pounds I loose, I hit a plateau that lasts for about 6 weeks. It always is at that last 2 or 3 pounds before I hit the next decade so it just fustrates me even more because it is just hanging there in front of my face teasing me.

I had a POOP meal this past weekend- filet minogn (sp?), asparagus, chocolate cake- I was so scared I would be up but it was the end of TOM so in the morning I was down a pound- but I was up from before. Go figure.

I know I just have to hang in there- this might be the hardest plateau yet because it is my last 10 pounds.

Heather- I am not lifting because I am afraid of what you are going through. I just run on the treadmill about 3 x a week.

Lea ann- I think you were the one who said a few days ago that you only loose 2 weeks out of the month- I can relate, I am up the week proir to and during TOM and I have noticed that I feel bloated and may gain when I ovulate. So maybe I just need to give it until next week.

I think I will go out shopping- that always makes me feel better lately since I can fit into things again. I need a new bra- maybe just a cheap transition one until I loose that last 10

Thanks you guys- you give me hope.
Lisa

P.S. Rebeca- your brother is gorgeous! Just my type- not 17! but thin and latin and on the beach!

hkychik 05-25-2006 11:33 AM

Yeah! My internet is back! I am going to have to take the laptop with me when we go on vacation, just to get my daily fix!

Lea Ann - great job on the ounces - small steps, baby, small steps! I really admire the way you (and everyone else on a plateau) don't give up. I have to agree about mixing thing up and going POOP - sometimes I think we need to just do it - as long as we can jump right back on the wagon and not stay POOP!

JulieM - I have a brother, but he lives in Vegas. I tried to hitch him to my best friend about 5 years ago - she is single too (and now lives in Aloha, BTW). I don't think they took me seriously and it ended up being a big running email joke. The end result was hysterical - they planned a wedding at Excalibur in Vegas, with everyone in period costumes (I got kicked out, because I refused to wear a pointy hat!) and my dad (who is bald and round) got to be Friar Tuck (or Friar Bob, as the case may be). We still joke about it, and my dad will forever be Friar Bob. It's even his email address now! On second thought, my family is pretty messed up - maybe you should run for the hills!

Katie, you are such a good daughter! I would assume that the surgeon or hospital gave her a diet to follow after the GB. I would be really tempted to fall right back into the treats and stuff too, but I think you can encourage her to follow the hospital guidelines - for her health, to start with. We don't want her suffering from malnutrition! Maybe offer to shop with her once or twice and help with what you've learned about eating healthy from LAWL. I wouldn't oush weight loss, just healthy eating.

Ok, gotta run, volunteer day at school again. Will catch up with everyone else later!

sznn 05-25-2006 11:34 AM

Rebeca - Que Caliente!!! That is one hot lil' brother. Thanks for the eye candy.

Lea Ann - Happy Bday!!!
Hope the day is treating you well.
My scale gave me a present yesterday - 141.5....but back up today - 143.1....amazing what a little sodium will do:p

Scales are EVIL!!!

-S

PURPLEPIRATE99 05-25-2006 11:35 AM

Rebeca - Wow girlfriend - He is such a hottie!!! yum yum -
Boo - your comment to JM about licking the screen was totally hilarious!!! LMAO

Katie - So sorry about the DM issues. Maybe if you could get her out for some walks - when you go over there - try to find a nice way to mention a good substitute she could fix for some of the snacking things?? Or maybe share with her some of the awesome recipes and just brag about how good they are......I guess subtle changes would be the easiest instead of being direct??

I'm no good at these kinds of things - but good luck!!! :hug::hug:

juliemarie 05-25-2006 11:35 AM

Lori-your family doesn't sound any more messed up than mine! Too bad he's all the way in Vegas! I don't trust land-locked states! ;) Gotta be able to get to the ocean within an hour or two . . .