Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #1  
gibbylynn

S/C/G: 251

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi All, newbie from sunny CA

Good morning!

I have been to our new local LAWL center and am seriously considering signing up. With such an expensive investment I wanted some feedback on how well it really works. What have your experiences been? Have you used all the supplements? Were the counselors pushy with the supplements and snacks?

Thanks for the input!
gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Gibby, I have loved the program, and I love eating this way. I have an all food plan, and do not eat the bars. This is always an option rather than doing bars. My center is not pushy at all, in fact I always have to ask if I want to buy something. They never even suggest stuff. Works for me. I love the fact that I eat well, rarely feel deprived, and am losing like crazy. I have not been this weight in 8 years. Since I started LAWL, my blood sugar has gotten under control, and I feel awesome. This is also a great place to come for motivation, inspiration, and questions. Good Luck!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Gibby-

Welcome! Please don't take this the wrong way, but could you repost your message in the loser and friends April thread. We want to keep this thread as an information thread only, not a discussion thread. Thanks!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

gibby-

The eating plan itself most of the women here have really good results on. Some centers can be pushy about the snacks and supplements, but others are supposedly alright from what the ladies say here. I think it depends on the manager, and the individual people at each center. Every place is different.

They will want you to use their supplements, snacks, etc. because they are a business, but it is certainly not necessary-so if you don't want to, then tell them no. There are lots of substitutions from regular stores that ladies use here-such as Pria Complete or Luna bars in place of the LA Lites (similar vitamins, calories, etc. but less expensive) and others buy LA Lites for a cheaper cost on Ebay.

There are some who also do the plan without any bars/LA Lites at all-if they are allergic to an ingredient or have sensitive systems, and they are usually put on a plan with more food on it-just omitting the Lites. (If you do not want to do the bars, you can always look at the box and find an ingredient in them such as soy or what have you, and "say" you have problems with it if you want-even if it is not really a problem. )

Regular vitamins can be purchased cheaper from any store, and the supplements such as fat burners, carb blockers, etc. are really unecessary. All you really need to do is get active, and follow the eating plan itself for success.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Gibby-

Welcome! Please don't take this the wrong way, but could you repost your message in the loser and friends April thread. We want to keep this thread as an information thread only, not a discussion thread. Thanks!
I will see if I can split this off into a different thread...

Edit:

There! Finally got it to work.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote