The Challenge

You're on Page 46 of 48
Go to
  • Katie,
    I am sorry you are having atough time of the scale. I am going to the COD today--and I weighed myself this morning at school and was actually down one pound (149) I am going to wait and see what the COD scale says...
    But, my point is this---
    I ate horrible for two days...and on Monday went right back to POP eating. I honestly think that sometimes you need to "cheat" in order to shock your system into losing again......I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I have on almost every diet I have tried.
  • Stacyj - like I said before....zigzag all the way!
    Seems most people need to mix up the calorie intake to keep losing.

Now if only I could follow my own advice. I just did 2 miserable days of T/O. I say miserable because it sooooo boring food wise. Chicken/greens/orange/bar....repeat....you get the picture.
    After all that the scale shows a measly loss of .2 -.5 ...go figure!!
    Hopefully the T/O has squashed the major sugar cravings.

Sending W/L vibes to all!
    Have a great day

-S
  • Went to the COD during my lunch break----down to 149.6....
    I am pleased considering the weekend I had.
  • Weighed today at school and am up to 151 again! help! i DID NOT "CHEAT" YESTERDAY AND i WALKED 3 MILES!

Do you think the weekend cheat just caught up with me? But if that is the case, how did I lose 1 pound in between?
  • wish I could help but I stay on this rollercoaster--sorry
  • Quote: Weighed today at school and am up to 151 again! help! i DID NOT "CHEAT" YESTERDAY AND i WALKED 3 MILES!

Do you think the weekend cheat just caught up with me? But if that is the case, how did I lose 1 pound in between?

A lot of times after exercise, your muscles hold onto excess fluid to repair itself...LOL...at least thats what I tell myself when my scale is up despite exercise and eating right. No really, thats supposed to be the answer Keep plugging along with us all
  • Once again - I am joining the 'Dam I'm frustrated' club.
    2 days of T/O ....almost no loss at all
    I've been POP since and the scale slowly creeps up .2 each time I step on the dang thing.
    It is nasty being so scale obsessed.

Just want to drop 3lbs - maybe I need a big ole' calorie day to shake it up.
  • Quote: Once again - I am joining the 'Dam I'm frustrated' club.
    2 days of T/O ....almost no loss at all
    I've been POP since and the scale slowly creeps up .2 each time I step on the dang thing.
    It is nasty being so scale obsessed.

Just want to drop 3lbs - maybe I need a big ole' calorie day to shake it up.
    Seems like it worked for you last time...Im with you on the final three, girlfriend!
  • Sznn & Deets--you guys are so inspiring. Good luck to both on those final 3--though you probably don't need to lose them I understand the personal "need". Sznn--sorry TO wasn't kind.
  • I didnt get a chance to chime in, Lea Ann....YOU ROCK in those jeans, no flab in sight, they were made for you!!!
  • Deet's - kinda like survivor - 'final 3'....now if only we were in line for a million dollars.
    I think we must have similar personalities. I feel like I am become obsessed with these last few lbs. My original goal @ LAWL was 150, so really I should be thrilled at being around 141. But nooooo.
    Oh well keeps me out of trouble.

Boo's - thanks for the pep talk. BTW you look divine in your new jeans!!

I had someone at my abs class ask me if I was a triathelete????
    Not sure why she thought that? Guess I should take it as a compliment.

-S
  • Sznn--thanks girl--yes, I would definitely take the triathlete question as a total compliment--they have killer bodies!!

Deets--thanks a lot--I really do love them--they just felt right so I gladly dropped the $$--only live once!
  • Boo-you look fabulous. I can't wait til I look that hot in a pair of jeans!
  • Geez--with you exercising like a demon I'll have to send them to you next week!! You are awesome. I have got to start back--got in a lazy slump and get get out. I love the fitday too and spend too much time playing with it. I did all the calculations Carmen sent and SUPPOSEDLY I can eat 1280 calories and still lose 1 pound per week--not the case apparently since I usually eat less and still only losing in the ounces. Have you asked your COD about changing plans? Maybe you could try Red plus for a week and see if it helps/or hurts. You shouldn't be hungry and I think with all the extra calories you are burning you may need more. What's the difference between the plan you are on and the red plus? Big help aren't I?? I am just still sooooo impressed with your workout regime--WOW. And the 74 pounds lost is nothing to sneeze at. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • Thanks Boo! When I initially talked with my COD a couple of months ago-I told them how many hours/miles a week I would be walking by the end of may and they told me that my walking wouldn't be considered "exercise" in their book. I wanted to pretty much cuss them out-I mean-how many marathons have they trained for and walked? Are you kidding me? I can't believe walking at a moderate pace for 5 hours (or even less than that for cripes sake!) isn't considered aerobic exercise! I was about to blow-so I didn't push it-I just left. I haven't brought it up again. However-now that I'm doing "real" exercise at the gym-maybe they'll consider that . . .

Sometimes it's really frustrating how some people don't consider walking a marathon a big deal. They're like" Oh-I could do that!" I gotta tell you-walking and staying on your feet like that for 8-10 hrs is not easy (not that i think any of you do, I'm just venting!). But one lady I walk with works with a guy who runs marathons and has always brushed off the walkers. However-I can't remember the reason-he ended up walking a half-marathon. The next day-he came up to her and apologized. He said it was so much harder than he thought it would be.

Anyway-I'm going to give it a couple of more days and add food in if I'm really hungry. Moving up a plan would allow me another S, D, and Fruit.