Easter Menu

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Anyone having anything special for Easter dinner this weekend? I wanted to do something nice but I usually always make ham....and would be open to suggestions.
  • I'm looking for a good side dish if anyone has any suggestions. I figure it would be nice to have something I can eat OP while I'm at my mom's house!
  • Heather CP:

In the recipe thread Lori posted some great menus that she found on her COD, they are like 4 recipes for easter, maybe that can give you an idea and also they are OP.
  • Any suggestions would be great LOL -- I am worried! My MIL makes a HUGE dinner (ham, potatoes & gravy, veggies smothered in cheese, rolls - ugh I can have none of this... should be interesting.)
  • This are the titles of the menus that Lori posted you can find the recipes on page 39 of the recipe thread: (I copy/ pasted it so you can have an idea)

Originally posted by Lori (hkychik)
    I picked a flyer today from the COD that had some spring recipes in it - let me know if you want me to post any of the recipes
    SALADS
    Spring salad
    APPETIZERS
    creamy potato soup
    eggplant caponata
    ENTREES
    crown roast pork
    glazed ham
    leftover ham salad
    crab stuffed tomatoes
    SIDE DISHES
    wild rice pilaf
    lemon green beans
    creamed spinach
    DESERTS
    spiced tea
    bread pudding
    sparkling fruited gelatin
  • I needed this--for selfish reasons--we had decided to stay home so we could go to our own church and I was getting a little homesick, but after reading I realize it's in MY best interest to be here where I am in control of our dinner. Still don't know what it is but it will be OP, especially since I WI on Mon!! Maybe boiled shrimp.

I am a little green over the family time you guys will share--ENJOY!!
  • Boo:
    You are not the only one that is gonna stay home , I am gonna stay home too, so don't feel "green" about it I asked DH if he wants something special for dinner that day and he told me that no b/c he is gonna be working but I am gonna surprise him!!
  • We're having the traditional ham dinner. My COD stressed the hot lemon water. I will be making mashed potatos, corn & biscuits for the family, and I will probably have a salad, and maybe a baked potato.
    I also picked up two holiday recipe bookets from my COD -- one is "passover" and one is similar to what was previously posted by Lori. The passover has a couple of different ideas, if anyone is interested.
  • Has anyone made the faux mashed potatoes out of cauliflower? I hear they are really good, and I'll bet we could make them OP very easily.
  • Here is the most simple faux mashed recipe I have- lots of folks add other things to it like cream cheese, or parmesan:
    * 1 package frozen cauliflower
    * 2 tablespoons skim milk (for low carb, use heavy cream)
    * 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
    * 1/4 teaspoon butter-flavored salt

Directions:

Cook cauliflower as package directs. Add other ingredients and blend until smooth. This makes a very low-carb, low-calorie replacement for mashed potatoes.
    Lori's note: word to the wise: drain your cauliflower well, or it will make runny mashed taters!
  • I wanted to have ham, but knew if it was in the house I would keep eating it. I decided to go healthier this year.

Roasted Chicken
    Balsamic roasted potatoes (In LAWL cookbook)
    Steamed broccoli & cauliflower

For dessert I'm making what I seen in a magazine, but I'm using SF & FF products.

angel-lush-cake.jpg

Angel food cake split to have three layers
    box SF vanilla pudding
    can crushed pineapple in juice
    1 C FF cool whip

put pudding in pineapple w/juice and mix add cool whip. Put 1 1/2 C of mixture on bottom layer top with cake add 1 C to next layer then top with cake add rest of mixture on top of cake and then place whole strawberries around in circle on top of cake.

I figured this one can't be too bad and I will be giving most of it away.

I figured I don't want to see a gain, so if I try and eat better maybe I'll see a loss

• Barbara--let us know how the new version of the angel food turns out--should be great. I have torn that same recipe out of several magazines--looks delicious! Sounds like your dinner will be delicious & HEALTHY.
  • Mmmm. Those cauliflower potatos sound good, and so does that angel food dessert!
  • I personally love the cauliflower mashed spuds, and I think that they are the very best with a few tablespoons of FF cream cheese in them.
  • I still don't know what to do about the meat, but I am gonna do the leftover ham salad from Lori's recipe, and the stuffed zucchinni from Sherry's recipe sounds good and very easy to prepare.