3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Choices (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/80601-new-choices.html)

stiesta 04-02-2006 02:25 PM

New Choices

Hey all, I was thinking about this today...LAWL has affected all of our lives in different ways and I thought it might be good to share the best lessons we have learned that help us to make better choices...for me, one of the biggest things that has benefitted me on LAWL is "having" to have 3 fruit servings a day. I have always enjoyed fruit, but never had it on the top of my snacking to-do list. I would simply reach for other things (starchy things mostly). I find myself really craving the sweetness I get from my daily fruit intake. At first it was hard to get them all in, but now I find that I wish I could have MORE fruit every day. It's become a treat for me, which is a real change for the positive. I am just wondering what new choices have become habits for you all...maybe we can boost our motivation!

Christie

hkychik 04-02-2006 03:03 PM

Great thread, Christie!

I find myself watching every little thing I put in my mouth. Before, it was nothing to walk past a bowl of m&ms and grab a handful, or get a second helping of something, just because it tasted good. http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/snack.gif Now, I think twice about it - do I really want to spend that starch on 30 seconds of chocolate heaven?

rad7775 04-02-2006 03:36 PM

Christie this is a nice idea :idea:
Well, for me, learn to drink water.Before I was addicted to juice but now I can't live without water. Also learn to eat my veggies, but the main one is learn that eating healthy it could be fun, not only have to be salad and meat, I have learn that I can have other good choices and also lose weight, and I am glad that I learned that now b/c I want to teach my kids, what my family didn't teach me when I was growing up, good healthy choices in food.

yoga_gurl 04-02-2006 04:40 PM

I'm a vegetarian, so I have eaten primarily starches and carbs for years. I have to really work at getting my protein in, which I know is better for my health. It's a big change to eat protein at every meal, but I already feel stronger and healthier for it!

Kristi

pinkflamingo68 04-02-2006 05:07 PM

Yoga and Hockey!! Love the new pictures!!

I think portion size has been a real eye-opener, ditto the things about, too.

A.

Boo'sMom 04-02-2006 05:22 PM

I agree with so much that has been said. One thing I thought of (especially on TO) is how I've learned to eat for nutrition and not just for pleasure or because I'm bored. Terrible habit--especially when watching TV. Now that I plan out my day in the morning it's like "well, it's not on my menu so I guess it's a no". Sometimes I change it later but only a substitution. I've always loved fruit but since I have 3 a day I am trying more variety. I used to not like string cheese now I can't get through a day without it.

Repo girl 04-02-2006 08:22 PM

For me, it is water and portion sizes. Also, I have finally been able to realize how huge of a calorie punch things like candy bars and big macs really have.

Boo'sMom 04-02-2006 08:28 PM

Katie--too true--the Subway commercial/comparison kills me! Can't believe I ate quarterpounders with cheese on a fairly regular basis--No wonder I'm in this boat!!!

stiesta 04-03-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
For me, it is water and portion sizes. Also, I have finally been able to realize how huge of a calorie punch things like candy bars and big macs really have.

Oh, but I will forever love candy bars and big macs....YUM:devil:

angelica1674 04-03-2006 09:30 AM

For me it was the drinking water.I used to NEVER drink anything let alone water. Now I cant go 30 min without needing a drink!

juliemarie 04-03-2006 11:02 AM

I love having such a variety in my diet-I hardly ever ate fruits and veggies before. Now I really enjoy them. Also-starting off the day with eggs/eggbeaters for a protein has really boosted my energy level.