Old 04-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #1366  

Well I am back on track this weekend after having my graduation party and a birdal shower for my cousin. I actually didn't eat to badly and today I have been POP with the exception of the water. I am going to try to make it to WI today but I have to shop for another bridal shower. ARGH those social events.

Aggie: thanks for the calorie breakdown, I just wanted to make sure I am not depriving myself of not eating enough calories.
Good luck everyone.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #1367  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Okay, Kristi is out of surgery and back home. Her mouth was really full of infection, and her salivary gland on that side was infected too. The Dr cleaned out the infection and sent her home with mega antibiotics and Darvoset for pain. She is really in a lot of pain, so she was planning on taking the meds and going to bed. I told her partner to pass on all of your well wishes, and she really appreciated that.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #1368  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Just poking around rather than working and was looking at US Magazine online...get a load of this INSANE "diet regimine" they are claiming gets teh stars into shape...OMG, I would die....http://www.usmagazine.com/features/584diet.php
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #1369  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

It's a great field! I work in an outpatient therapy setting mon-thurs and at a high/middle school on Fridays. I like it but I am finding it really challenging at the school right now. I look like I am about 15 so it's hard to get any respect out of my kiddos. Good luck with your CF!
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #1370  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
Glad to hear that Kristi is fine from the surgery! Hope that everyting turns good for her!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #1371  

love2eat: I agree it is a great field lots of diversity. I have worked in all types of setting I was an SLP-asst. for a while then finally got into grad. school and finally finished that part. I have worked in a high school as well and it was always tough because when I first started the kids were so close to my age so I know what you mean about the respect thing. I think after CF I am going to do some outpatient stuff.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #1372  

deets- Interesting...but i whether loose it my own way... I wonder why so much vitamin c and magnesium...Do you know?
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #1373  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up WI = Down .6 lbs!

Hey there, ladies!

My goodness, Katie! I'm glad to hear Kristi made it through surgery okay, and is doing all right. Poor thing!!!!

As usual, I am playing catch up. Not much time to post, but I'll go back and read later!

As for me, WI today, and was down .6. Not too shabby. Only .2 more to go until my Mother's Day goal!!! Yay, that means I can add a few lbs and shoot for 15 for Father's day.

More later!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #1374  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Everybody!
Went to WI today. Down 0.8. I'm disappointed only because I did TO this weekend, and I expected MORE of a loss (considering I felt like I was starving!!)

Katie - glad your sis has the antibiotics. Within a couple days, she should be feeling a little better!

Oh well, Have a great remainder of a POP day everyone!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #1375  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by haylo921
love2eat: I agree it is a great field lots of diversity. I have worked in all types of setting I was an SLP-asst. for a while then finally got into grad. school and finally finished that part. I have worked in a high school as well and it was always tough because when I first started the kids were so close to my age so I know what you mean about the respect thing. I think after CF I am going to do some outpatient stuff.
You will like OP. You see a variety of patients...or at least I do. I have adults and kids with all types of disorders. It gets tough, though, trying to be a jack of all trades. SOmetimes I feel there is no way I can ever know enough about all of the different things I see to help people like I could if I specialized. I am thinking about a private practice in a couple of years and going back to get my doctorate.
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #1376  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie thanks for the update on Kristi. I'm glad she was able to have surgery to clean out the infection, but sorry it is causing her so much pain. Tell her we are all thinking of her and wishing that she gets well soon.

I'm doing so far ok today. I had a replacement drink for breakfast and am having raw broccoli & cauliflower for lunch and I brought an apple and pear and a lite for later. I'm determined to go to the center on Sat and see a good loss. My scale showed 194 today, so it is at least going downwards again.

Congrats to some of you that are losing and to the others who have had a little gain I can totally relate, but I do know we will all get back on track this week. Back to work I go.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #1377  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Ladies, just a quick post....i just got back from WI and I'm down 2 lbs from last time! It's a nice surprise but is the time before that I was up 2 lbs the ticker remains the same.

So far so good today, had a good amount of water but need to work in more fruits and vegi's.
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #1378  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Hello Ladies,

so far so good. Today was my first weight-in and I am down 4 pounds since Friday. yahoo!!!
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #1379  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

WOW--you guys have been busier than ever--no way I can get personal but I did finally catch up reading. Glad you all seemed to have a good day--mine was fine but 22 kindergarteners just about did me in! Theie teacher was there just doing pull-out reading test all day so the fact that they knew she was there made everything double hard! I will "play" with ya'll later--homework time!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #1380  

Hey all,

Just a quick post for me...so much to read and catch up on!

Well, we had a great open house this weekend. One of the people that saw the house really liked it. Their realtor called ours to express their "extreme interest" in the house. Only problem is that they are currently in the process of trying to sell their own home, so who knows at what point they could put in an offer. We discussed options (bridge loans, first right of refusal, etc.) and will see what the week brings. It would be so nice to be done with this stress!!! I am doing well today, though. Was tempted with a little stress eating, but got on the treadmill instead. I have to be so good this whole week because this weekend I am headed to NYC with some girlfriends and do not know what the eating will hold...

Have a good night all!

P.S. Where is Heather PP? Come out and play!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote