3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/80496-lawl-losers-friends-april.html)

Repo girl 04-03-2006 11:06 AM

Erin- I just had to add that you are amazing. This is truly the diet for you isn't it? 4 lb a week average, you are obviously doing something right. WTG!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 04-03-2006 11:07 AM

Katie - I can't wait to start riding bikes with Savannah - I'm just now trying to get her to figure out that pushing the pedals moves the tricycle!!! It is just too cute!

PURPLEPIRATE99 04-03-2006 11:07 AM

Erin - Wow - way to go !!! You are doing wonderful!!!

Rebeca 04-03-2006 11:10 AM

I am having a analytical morning: This kick about loving your body and doing things for yourself to make you feel healthier and blah blah blah is all true! BUT? Have you guyz thought about someone loving themselves way too much just how they are and they do not feel bad about themselves even though they are overweight!

No need to respond--- just too much cafeinne this morning...

stiesta 04-03-2006 11:27 AM

Julie -- that study sounds so interesting.

Katie -- so jealous of you tottin around on your new bike! That is something I have really wanted to get into for a while. I am an avid runner, but think that biking would work different muscles than running does, and so would help all around. I'd need to get one with a trailer or a bike seat, as DD (only age 4) would be no fun trying to keep up with her puny little legs! My boys (age 8 and 6) would be great...and we have an 11-mile bike trail at the end of our street...I think I'm going shopping for a bike!

Heather -- sounds like you and Savannah had a great weekend. It does make me so happy that spring is peeking her out out finally! We had great weather over the weekend, too.

All the other friends -- have a good POP day! I am 1/4 of the way through TO...who else is suffering with me?

Christie

Repo girl 04-03-2006 11:36 AM

I am!! So far so good!

Denise Wilson 04-03-2006 11:50 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Hope everyone one is well...Started TO this morning and I'm gonna go WI today. Wish me luck, I'll need it!
Repo- I'm totally gonna get a bike, that's how i lost weight before. When I was 19 my sister got married and I was the maid of honor and you know i had to look good! So i got a bike and rode at least 4x a week sometimes everyday and in 2 months or so lost 30 lbs. But then again i was 19 and had no kids, things don't bounce back like they used to. I love to ride since it's easy on the knees and Coney Island beach is about 8 miles away and I used to ride there chill out on the board walk for a bit and then ride back, it ws very relaxing. So now that it's starting to get warm it'll be perfect!

rad7775 04-03-2006 11:57 AM

Erin:
I hope you get well soon, you are such an inspiration, Congrats on your loss!

Katie and Heatherpp:
This weekend sounds really fun for you guys! I hope that my son learn how to ride his bike without the training wheels, I can't wait to take a picture of him with his curls riding a bike.

Rebecca:
I know you said no need to respond, I love myself the way I am, been overweight or been skinny is not a guarantee of happiness! There are many skinny people in this world that are not happy or don't love themselves and there are a lot of people that are overweight that feel really happy with themselves, and also there is a lot of peopler that need to lose weight to feel happy because is a personal satisfaction that they need to do, the thing is that is all about diversity and I think diversity is a beautiful thing in this world! ;)

MetalChic 04-03-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad7775
Rebecca:
I know you said no need to respond, I love myself the way I am, been overweight or been skinny is not a guarantee of happiness! There are many skinny people in this world that are not happy or don't love themselves and there are a lot of people that are overweight that feel really happy with themselves, and also there is a lot of peopler that need to lose weight to feel happy because is a personal satisfaction that they need to do, the thing is that is all about diversity and I think diversity is a beautiful thing in this world! ;)

Amen! I have had ppl on here before laugh at me because I've also said that being skinny doesn't make you pretty either. There are alot of overweight pretty people. And I do believe alot more ugly skinny people!

Gamababa3 04-03-2006 01:08 PM

Katie congrats on the new baby in your family and your grandma doing better. Is the lava hot springs in doors? The weather has been non stop rain in Ca and we’re all sick of it. I was to have an Easter egg hunt with a few kids this coming Sat and the weather report still shows rain ALL week and so far into Wed of next week. I have over 200 eggs stuffed a ton of prizes and goodie bags what the heck am I going to do with all of it. I thought I can take the prizes and use them in the Easter baskets for my grandkids, but not sure about all the stuffed eggs. Can’t move the hunt to the following Sat as were already going to a hunt that is in doors. Would seem kind of strange having a hunt after Easter and my house is too small to have it in doors.

Angelica nice pic, I like the back ground colors also.

Milca I’m with you on having too many starches I knew I was going to over do it on Sat, but Sunday was even worse. I started off good, but by the evening my DH and I went to Chevy’s and I end up having a chicken enchilada and a chili relleno with some pinto beans and a little rice. I did have them put the sauces on the side and I used hardly any of it. The sad part is in my mind I said I’ve already blown it and opted for the brownie dessert with ice cream and whip cream that my DH and I shared. I haven’t done that bad since I’ve been on the program. I got on the scale this AM and am up about a lb. I will get back on plan today, but it sucks it was like the old me was definitely back this weekend. Here’s to wishing us both a good week we can do it. Wow neighbors from **** sound like it. I don’t understand what taking your clothes out of the dryer had anything to do with feeding the dog either did they end up using the dryer? Maybe they had to get their clothes in so they could go feed the dog got me.

Suzanne thank you for sharing your thoughts as I’m sure all of us have felt that way. Congrats that you’re starting to see results. Yeah just reading another 1.6 lbs that’s great and 3.8lbs since last Mon you’re doing a great job glad it’s working for you.

Angie welcome and I’m glad you found this site also.

30lbsby22 happy to see you lost weight while in Vegas that’s an accomplishment. I think your plan on bringing a snack while you’re watching the movie is great. Any plans for your Birthday?

Debbie enjoy your sunshine and planting. I wish we could see some sunshine. I hope you made it to 30lbs today at your WI. Congrats on losing 27.6 so far.

Sherry I open up a new email and go page to page and type a message and try and get everyone and then I do spell check and then post it. This is all if time permits and if I haven’t missed too many days. Today I started on 4/1 and have 9 pages to go through. This way if the server ends up busy or something you don’t lose all what you have typed.

Boosmom Great news on the NSV and fitting into the smaller pants and tops. You’ll be fitting in those 10’s perfectly in no time.

Lori you’ll lose that .6 and more soon and will be at the big 20lb mark probably by this week.

Christie hey if you kids are used to going to bed early and they were tired I think it’s fine they went to bed an hour earlier. They would be losing an hour sleep any way due to the change and this way they didn’t lose any sleep. Sorry about your son have strep hopefully the other kids don’t catch it. My DD had strep and she was sleeping all of the time and her throat was really red and hurting. She is feeling better now that she has the meds, but I hope my DGD doesn’t get it.

At this point there are problems with the server and I can’t get to page six. Well it took almost an hour for me to be able to get back into this site, so I’m sorry I’m stopping at the personals at page 6.

Here’s to all of us having a POP week and showing results on the scales.

Dairy Fairy 04-03-2006 01:12 PM

You know, I always seemed to feel pretty good about how "cute" I was even at my highest weight. What I hate about being overweight is the lack of available clothing that is cute and affordable. It is nice to know that I am healthier now, too. I have just as many "cute feeling" days as I did when I was heavier, and just as many "feel like a blob" days, too. If I had to pick between skinny and ugly or big and beautiful, I'd pick big and beautiful every time. You can lose weight, but fixing ugly is much more complicated.

By the way, why do men think a woman is pretty if she has blond hair and is skinny even if her face is wretched? It's like blond hair and a small body must fuzz out their face...

Gamababa3 04-03-2006 01:17 PM

I can understand I have always thought I look good mostly when I dress up and have my make up and hair done. Then someone will take a pic and I'm like yuck is that what I really look like. I think I see myself thinner then I actually am. I don't know about men always liking thin women I grew up with men liking big butts:)

Dairy Fairy 04-03-2006 01:26 PM

Barb, I'm like you...I'm confident and then I get shocked by pictures...

I bet dieting started when Kodak did...

LaurieK 04-03-2006 01:33 PM

Hello all, I have not posted for a long time. Just wanted to share my good news. I'm done 33lbs and just went a bought new clothes, I feel great. I'm almost to my 1st goal and it feels great. Hope every one is doing good. Sorry I just don't have time anymore to keep on the post.

Laurie

deetsmom 04-03-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelica1674
Good morning!

How was everyones weekend? Milca you made me laugh with you dog food and dryer story! You are one funny chickie! You must be a hoot to be around.

Katie~ I did the same thing around the 50 pound mark. Dont worry it will pass. It took me a few weeks though.

I am doing this 6 week plan. I went to the yahoo groups for LAWL to see the plan they had of of the internet in their files. Well I found this 6 week plan I started.I am hoping I do good on it. I am only 12 pounds from goal. I hit the 70 pound mark yestreday.Whoohooo.

For a NSV, I bought some capri pants that were mediums!! I also bought some that were 8's. They fit really comfy. I was so excited. I think I am going to try to get to a size 6 comfortably and thats where I'll stay.I dont think I need to be too much smaller with my height. So, I am going to lopse my 12 and then maybe 10-20 more.

We had a tornado come through are town last night. I dont know if it touched down or what but it uprooted trees all over are neighborhood,ripped roofs off. It ripped the siding off of the whole side of my house.It blew out my front window. It was really scary, we had to rush to the basement. It was a mess everywhere. This HUGE weeping willow across the street from me was totally uprooted and was laying in the street all the way to my sidewalk. It was really sad cause it was such a pretty tree. I always looked at it when I mowed my grass and thought "what a pretty tree". Guess I gotts go home tonight and start the cleanup proccess.

Good Day chickies!! POP :)

Whats the 6 week plan? Can you share?