Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #751  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi Nikki and welcome.

I decided for this Easter I'm not going to bake a ham, which I love. I decided I'm going to make roasted chicken with the balsamic potatoes that are in the new cookbook. And then either a salad or broccoli & cauliflower. Then probably a healthier dessert. This will help me stay on plan and I won't want to get carried away eating more of the ham then I should have.

I went to the center today and am down .6, which I guess is the amount I gained last week. I'm back to trying harder and the scale is showing it, so I guess that's a good thing.

My favorite person whom I've seen from the beginning left and I didn't even know she was leaving to say good bye. Now we have two new people and one person that I've seen for about a month. I know it's a job most probably don't want to work at for a long time, but it sucks getting used to new people that know nothing about you.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #752  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Has anyone tried any of the Walden Farms products? I read about them in my sister's Weight Watchers magazine (great read) and they are EVERYTHING free--calorie, fat, sugar, carb, etc EXCEPT sodium (of course) but I wonder about the taste. I am going to call our health food store tomorrow to see if they carry it because to order directly from Walden is outrageous--the dressing is $3.99 but the shipping is $8.95.

Thanks for any info.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #753  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Boo - I have tried the Walden Farms dressing before. I believe I had the hot bacon. It was pretty good. Don't remember how much sodium it has in it though.

Have you checked your local grocery stores? You might want to try them first. It's been awhile since I had it, but I believe Wegmans carries it. It would be right by the salad mixes (veggie aisle).
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #754  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

My sister loves Walden Farms dressings, she has tried many different types. She is always telling me to try it but I can not find it in the salad dressing aisle. I will try the health food isle next time.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #755  

The new dressing I love is Newmans Oriental sesame ginger. I love it with grilled chicken or fish on top of raw spinach. It tastes like something from a restraunt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it
Old 04-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #756  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljackson
The new dressing I love is Newmans Oriental sesame ginger. I love it with grilled chicken or fish on top of raw spinach. It tastes like something from a restraunt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it
Is the sodium level high?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #757  
on LAWL

How does the Newman's compare on calories, sugar, etc..? I need more variety (I get told weekly at my COD!!) and I love salad but I am sick of everything I have bought so far. I will check around the grocery stores and call the health food store, too. Thanks. I thought the hot bacon sounded really good--love bacon. I have the Kraft fat free bacon ranch and it's fine--a little thick for me--but the Walden's sounds amazing since it's so "free".
Old 04-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #758  
banned

OH DANG......I just realised I had one too many fruits today...(12 strawberries, 2 oranges and a peach). Good news is that I had a Lite saved for late night (I go to bed really late so COD suggested having a lite at like 10pm) so is it ok if I just dont have that and sub in that mistake extra fruit? What would you do??
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #759  

I just ran to the fridge to get it.
2 TBSP = 1.5 gr fat
35 cal
390 mg sodium

Kind of high on the sodium, which is what I get scolded on all the time at my cod
They are all over me if I eat a Lean Cuisine, which before this i was so proud if I ate one and now I am afraid of them like they are a piece of cake or something dangerous

The other dressing that I like is Light Done Right Raspberry Vinagrette
Old 04-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #760  
on LAWL

I like the Light Done Right Rasp. Vin, too--I just tend to get too much because it's thin--which I like I just need to go easy! I even thinned the FF bacon ranch and it could be thinned some more. I hate being scolded for something the book says I can have--sometimes I feel they like to change the rules in the middle of the game!! Every week it's something different--add this, take away that. Okay--I said earlier I was done griping--sorry.

Deets--As good as you do I can't imagine going over 1 fruit will make a difference. I am envious--I have to cut myself off of everything (except my hot tea) by 8:00 or I think I would lose even less (Oh wait--I'm NOT currently losing!) Anyway--I think if you are hungry then have the bar later, if not will it matter? Just my thoughts.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #761  
banned

Boo...Im not losing either...well, unless you count how one morning I am a pound up magically and then three days later, down 2 pounds, then back up a day after that, LOL!!! Anyway, COD told me when I started back on Blue two weeks ago that I should eat later since I am typically up till 12:30 or later and get up to work out at 6. Who knows....
Old 04-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #762  
on LAWL

Deets--you blow me away--I simply cannot function on that little sleep! I am always out by (or before) 10:00 and up at 6:45 (6:00 if I sub) but I don't even know what midnight looks like anymore. How do you do it? I personally don't think you need to lose and anyone here would surely agree that 135 is fabulous! I know you aren't always happy about it (weight loss) but we are all thrilled for you. It's a good lesson for the rest of us that this is an ongoing process and we will always have to be careful or the lbs will come back.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #763  
banned

Aw, thanks Boo Im really not unhappy at all, I mean, I am thrilled to be finally able after all these years, build a real wardrobe this summer! I have had different clothes every summer LITERALLY for 7 years, three pregnancies included and over the last 2 summers, losing sizes over weight loss. SO I am having fun getting capris I KNOW will last and investing in some dresses and other cute things. I am THRILLED to know I am a true 4 in any manufacturer and sometimes (NOT MANY, but SOME) even smaller. Im just very goal oriented and play to win completely sometimes. I never get tired, or shall I say, rarely...my kids keep me busy all day till about 8 when the oldest is done, but then I work on my home business at night (its the only time I have so I CANT be tired) and once I finally sit still, its when I lie down to go to bed so I am not "tired", I usually am up another half an hour till I give out Waking up at 6 stinks...Id rather 7 but am trying to get up earlier to do Biggest Loser
Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #764  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Good evening.
The 10 step program for tea drinkers is starting a 10:00 bring your own bag and pot.
Suzanne don't get too stressed about your vacation. take some breakfast bars with, a couple of meal replacement drinks and mix them in with your eating out. Don't let the food ruin your trip. Also remember each of us are different. My friend I joined with averages 2.5 lbs a week while I am luck to lose a 1 1/2 a week. What I do know is I feel better have more energy and this is going much better then ww did.
Milca
Don't say a word to your neighbor. If they went to the landlord and said they want to buy the place they might end up as your landlord. Last time I house hunted everytime I told someone about the house it would end up being sold to someone the person knew.
Went to wi yesterday I did not gain after my bad weekend but I did not lose either.
My physical therapy is killing me. They should just put my arms through a washing machine wringer, they wouldn't be anymore black and blue then they are now and it would probably speed up the process. My tendonitis has caused scar tissue and they are trying to break it up to get the tendons to heal.they do this by rubbing the area with hard metal and plastic objects. I don't know if I can tke to many more treatments. When they told me to go to physical therapy I figured I'd lift a few weights and do some streching. That is not the case.
To everyone who is having ham and ...... eat a big salad before company comes over or before you leave for dinner. Then start with your veggies first drink water between bites and by the time you get to the ham and starches you won't be so hungry. then when you are finished take yourplate to the kitchen. If I don't have a plate I don't continue to eat. I have decided to grill shrimp kabobs for easter. Anyone know of a good garlic marinade?
Here is a little for the rest of the week to stay pop.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #765  
Missing Ohio

Default TO Done

Chickies, I made it through and did pretty good. Forgot to drink some of my water. So I just downed it and will be up most of the night.

Type/talk to you later. Good night.

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 04-12-2006 at 01:25 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote