Old 04-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #31  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Christie:
Thanks for the info on the movie... on the popcorn.

Suzanne:
Way to go girl!!!! Congratulations in your loss!

Boo'smom:
I agree with Christie you are very pretty and have a pretty smile too, put that picture back!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #32  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Suzanne--that is awesome--I'm just sorry they didn't catch the Carb Cravers earlier.

Christie & Milca--you are too sweet--I'm still too grumpy--soon.

Sherry--sorry about the professor--I worked with a guy that informed his students that half would fail and he was always true to his word--hate teachers like that--too lazy to TEACH!! Are you taking ANY supplements? Make sure to get in some calcium because the dairy allowance is too small.

Milca & Katie--I can't get over your before and afters--totally different people!! I honestly don't think I could find a before picture of me--I ran from the camera or was always taking the photos. A few weeks ago at my center my gal was telling me how great--blah blah--and I admited that even though things feel better I just can't "see" it myself so she whips out my before shot and I was stunned. I've lied to myself for sooo long!! YIKES. Even just 23 lbs. makes a huge difference. The sad thing is I thought I looked pretty decent that day!!

To everyone else--have a great day--will visit more--this week was crazy subbing --fun but crazy.

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 04-01-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #33  
on LAWL

Oh--I forgot--NSV--took DD to find an Easter dress and decided to try on jeans (for ) and the 12's were a little on the loose side, the 10's little snug!! I'm okay with that--I've said from the beginning an easy 10 would suit me fine (maybe when I hit goal I will change my mind!) So I am not as crabby I was when I posted this morning. PS--Kohl's is having a GREAT sale. I even bought a large top and I haven't worn a large since high school--a very loooong time ago. Okay--enough patting myself on the back.

Thanks everyone for being so sweet--to you new gals--I'm not usually such a OR

Ya like my determined little Easter chick??
Old 04-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #34  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Welcome to April everyone!

My DS left today with my parents- he is going to Wyoming with them for spring break. DD and I are trying to fill the day - she is a bit jealous that she didn't get to go with, but DS wanted some time away from his little sister!

WI stunk yesterday - I was only .4 lbs away from that big 20 pound mark, then Aunt Flo paid a surprise visit. I didn't think she was coming until next week. Anyway, I was up .6. Rats.

Boo, put your picture back - you're gorgeous! I am really sorry that you are struggling with this. Sometimes it must feel like this but keep after it. I'm sure it will happen for you. Nice NSV - that's way better than a scale movement!

Katie, congrats on the new in your family. Hope Grandma is feeling better too.

MT Debster, that is a great loss! You are doing really well. Weeds are the only plants I can grow! My best girlfriend gave me a rock for my flowerbed out front that says "Grow Dammit". The weeds are listening, but not the bushes I planted last spring!

Congrats to everyone else on the downward side of the scale. Together we can do this!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #35  
on LAWL

Lori--you are too funny--I hate yard work and right now the grass in my flower bed looks better than the grass in the yard! When you post your photo I will put mine back--you gotta admit--the pooch is pretty darn cute! Sorry your WI stunk--I can relate and assure you that on Monday I will be stinkin with you. Also sorry your bar bargain didn't pan out--it would be nice to find a really good alternative. I am prepaid on Lites for an eternity but know when the time comes and they are gone I will want something to take the place. Maybe you and DD can do something special while DS is away. This will be the first summer that BOTH DD's will go to grandparents for "alone" time (ie: no parents) it's always just been the oldest so this year should be interesting. Poor mommy--NOT. I miss them terribly when they are away but I also enjoy "me time"
Old 04-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #36  
On stabilization

Ohhhh, not fair, Boo! I am always behind the camera - otherwise pictures would never get taken! I'll see if I can't dig something up. Maybe I'll post a pic of the dog instead too, now that hockey season is over.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #37  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Boo's Mom - It was the COD that figured out the CC situation for me. It was from reading the carb craver post at the beginning of the week and from some great advice from JulieMarie. The COD was the ones who told me to use them everyday in the first place - it didn't seem right to me, but who was I to argue? Congrats on the size 10s - that has got to feel GREAT!

I just had a fabulous fajita for my lunch/dinner. I sauteed chicken breast, onion, and red and green peppers. Added some fajita seasoning (pkg) and simmered. I used a tomato flavored tortilla and added cheese. Yummy.

I am now going to finish cleaning the house. I absolutely hate doing it, but it is LOOOONG overdue. TTFN.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #38  
on LAWL

Oh Suzanne--no congrats just yet--I only got in them--didn't say they looked decent!! I'm in that catch-22 where I need new clothes but refuse to buy a size I hope won't fit long! I've been in a 14 for about 15 years so this is thrilling but weird, too. My mother says I wouldn't be happy right now if they hung me with a new rope. She knows me too well. I can't believe they didn't pick up on why you were struggling--either they are fools (since so many here knew immediately what the problem probably was) or they were trying to find a way to get more $$ out of you! You are making great gains (lol) in your losses! By the time your vacation rolls around you will have to get a new wardrobe. We go to Mrytle Beach June 18th and I hope to be much smaller by then--surely my plateau can't last THAT long.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #39  
on LAWL

Mary--what a great deal! Wooden puzzles are the best. When my youngest outgrew hers I donated them to the preschool/daycare at my school and the little ones were so excited--new to them! Kohl's was having a great sale today and I found my oldest DD her Easter dress--regularly $52 for $10! The clerk said they were marking them down "because the straps were too long"--uh--ok--I have a needle and thread. I was thrilled. Love a bargain--especially when it's something I need. I am making taco salad tonight and I am meat hungry today--I think I am sprouting feathers. I bet Eli had a great time--even if you had to do most of the work. Were ya'll humid down south today? We are dying! It's never humid here--UGH.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #40  
milkyway

I need to take this out of my chest...I am so pissed off right Know. If you got MIL's from **** I got neighbors. I live in a house wich have two apartments, one in the bottom and ours that is in the upper level. They have been living like two years there and us almost a year. I have two kids, they are only her and her mother. The thing is that today I order something for lunch for my kids, the delivery guy got confussed and ring in their bell instead of ours. I didn't knew what happen until the delivery guy told me, I don't think that is a big deal, the guy made a mistake,it could happen to anybody. When I went to check the mail like an hour later, I found a paper posted in my mailbox(wich is on the bottom of my door bell) with my last name written on it, the thing is that my mailbox has already my last name and my DH last name posted on it. I have tolerate so many sh** from this people that this is like just what I needed to explote. First I can't put my stuff in the basement b/c they have tooked my space and their space, me and DH never complain, then they have a PITBULL mixed with BOXER in the basement, come on,I have two kids, my washer and dryer are in the basement too(each apt. have separate washer and dryers), but me and DH never complain, even though the landlord order them to get rid of the dog and trust me I love dogs, but those dogs aren't too friendly, then the other day I was washing some clothes, by mistake I forgot to take out the dryer my last load, it was dry but inside the dryer, it could happen to anyone, the next day when I went to pick up the clothes I found my clothes outside the dryer, with a note on the top that said: "Sorry guys I took your clothes out of the dryer b/c I needed to feed the dog" What the f***? Did they heat the dog food in my dryer or what?, but me and DH never complain, but now I swear if they tell me something I am gonna explote...If they want to post a name in the mailbox it should be theirs b/c theirs doesn't have one,my mailbox and door bell are properly identified, I asked myself why people can't live like humans!! Can somebody tell me if I'm wrong to be so mad or it just TOM making my life miserable!! Thanks for listening and Sorry to bother you but I need to take it off my chest.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #41  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
then the other day I was washing some clothes, by mistake I forgot to take out the dryer my last load, it was dry but inside the dryer, it could happen to anyone, the next day when I went to pick up the clothes I found my clothes outside the dryer, with a note on the top that said: "Sorry guys I took your clothes out of the dryer b/c I needed to feed the dog" What the f***? Did they heat the dog food in my dryer or what?
Milca - I don't mean to be insensitive, but ths part of your post made me laugh. Not sure what feeding the dog and the dryer have in common either. I am so sorry you are going through this . We used to live in a basement suite and the people from upstairs had to come through our place to do their laundry. The situation really sucked.

Boo's Mom - I still think congrats are appropriate. You can get into size 10 - that is a huge accomplishment. I don't care if you can't do them up or if they are really tight - they are on! Don't worry, I'll congratulate you again when they are comfy!
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #42  
milkyway

Suzanne:
Don't worry girl I know is kind of funny,but is just that me and DH have to swallowed a lot of stuff from them and we been really nice to them, it does sucks!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #43  
on LAWL

Milca--even when you are steaming you crack me up!! I could practically hear you ranting while I read it--you have no idea the joy you bring to us all! I agree--you have crappy neighbors and I can't see a reason to justify their stupidity. I think you are handling it much better than I would. I would definitely talk to the landlord about the dog thing and the basement space--you are paying for it so you deserve to get what you pay for. Or charge her rent for using your space. Only thing is--if you put your stuff down there is it safe? Can you lock it up or is there a chance she could mess with it? Still don't understand the dryer thing--what's one got to do with the other? Just know that you have my sympathy--so sorry!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #44  
On stabilization

Milca, I know you are mad, but you crack me up! Dogfood and the dryer? Sigh. People are so wierd sometimes. I don't understand why folks have to be like that. I have had neighbors from **** before - it gets to be a struggle just to avoid being around them.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #45  

Wow! Already 3 giggle-filled pages!!!

Katie- congrads on baby and gran doind better. I wanted to mention - when I read your posts - poker games, swimming, joyriding with burritos, and now Lava Fall Place? You lead a pretty rocking life, chica!! Can we trade for a while?? It sounds like you all do alot of seriously fun things.

Milca- You're neighbor story cracked me up - not that I can't feel your frustration --- I can almost hear your cute little accent yelling about it!! It's prob. TOM sweetie. Ride it out. Maybe you could get a cat to terrorize their dog.

Boos's - okay - I think your dog pic is cute - the "outfit" cracks me up every time I see it! What is it, anyway??

Bobby-a couple of things for you! I'm 5'4", same as you, medium-boned, and wear a 10 at 150-155, and an 8 about 140-145, depending on how much exercise (muscle) I'm wearing. Also, my fave snack (don't think it's gross! It's actually one of Oprah's fav snacks and Oprah and I have *SO* much in common, you know...) very thinly sliced parmesan on an apple slice. HEAVEN!

WTXchick:I would really appreciate the Chicken Cacciatore recipe. Not much Italin OP stuff out there.

Marbear and Dolphn: Having the Manwich and Baked apple w/coolwhip tonight!

To everyone else I missed - have a wonderful evening!!

Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote