Old 04-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #1651  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori-- I can't celebrate my own losses right now so I want to celebrate yours!!

Katie--great job--fish sticks I can pass on--the tator tots might chase me down!

Rachelle--I love the lites--probably nothing special but hey whatever works--loved the crack comment--so true at this point. Of course the gals at the center will swear by them--commission $$$$--but I bought tons and don't regret it. You have such a terrific attitude returning to the program so I know you will be successful--the gals on this site are the best!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:05 PM   #1652  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Lisa:
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna check it on my next visit!.. Girl, that is awesome, Congrats!!

Katie:
Wow girl, Like allways an inspiration, send some my way!

Rachelle:
I was doing the lites until a couple of days ago that I decided not doing them anymore, in my last visit the counselor asked me if I was feeling hungry b/c since I'm not doing the lites anymore many people feel more hungry and also she said that the people that do the lites lose more faster.(I don't agree in any of those statements that she said but that's what she said) I don't know what are the ingredients of the LA lite bars but from her commentary I guess that they have something to supress appetite or to help you lose weight... Now, I'm curious and in my next visist I'm gonna ask
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #1653  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Default I'm not gonna break the bank...

RAD7775!

I AM going to make LAWL work for me BUT, I am not going to break the bank to do so. I will buy the bars when I feel like it. And, tomorrow when I go in if I feel the LEAST bit pressured to buy even ONE more thing, I'm going to say flat out -
"STOP TRYING TO SELL ME OK? I'M HERE BECAUSE I AM FAT, I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AND I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. I'M ALREADY VULNERABLE ABOUT MY APPEARANCE AND I DON'T NEED ANYONE TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME!"

I've actually rehearsed it I know they make a lot off of the products but I'm not trying to be a sucker. The bars taste like dung to me and I'm not paying any $$$ for dung; I can get it off the lawn for free chocolate flavored or not.

I want 1/2 my money back obviously BUT, I'm not paying thousands of dollars for a couple of hundred back. PERIOD. AND I kept saying I couldn't afford it so, they have me billed at $75 a month for 8 months. That's reasonable. I need the accountability, I need the support. However, I do not need the dung! LOL

~Rachelle
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #1654  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Rachelle:
I know what you mean, I just decided not to do them anymore b/c when I started the program in another COD they never explained that I can do the program w/o the lites b/c is a franchise COD not a corporate, now I'm in a corporate LAWL and they are very nice and they explained to me that I don't need to buy the lites, so they put me in a plan w/o lites.Hope the plan works great for you and congratulations on your 10 lbs. loss!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #1655  

Heather, Mrs. Beanie, Deets...Thanks to y'all too for the welcome back!!

Katie...Bless your heart with the bird saga!!!!!!!!!!!
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #1656  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
WTG Lori!!!!

Lisa- That is very cool.

NSV for me, I have turned down tempting kid food all day long! Fish sticks and tator tots at lunch and cookies for snack. And I did not eat a crumb. I am strong, I really can say no, and I do not need junk food to survive. Yeah, thats right. I really don't. WOW!

You are good Katie...gotta love some tater tots!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #1657  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy
RAD7775!

I AM going to make LAWL work for me BUT, I am not going to break the bank to do so. I will buy the bars when I feel like it. And, tomorrow when I go in if I feel the LEAST bit pressured to buy even ONE more thing, I'm going to say flat out -
"STOP TRYING TO SELL ME OK? I'M HERE BECAUSE I AM FAT, I FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE AND I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. I'M ALREADY VULNERABLE ABOUT MY APPEARANCE AND I DON'T NEED ANYONE TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME!"

I've actually rehearsed it I know they make a lot off of the products but I'm not trying to be a sucker. The bars taste like dung to me and I'm not paying any $$$ for dung; I can get it off the lawn for free chocolate flavored or not.

I want 1/2 my money back obviously BUT, I'm not paying thousands of dollars for a couple of hundred back. PERIOD. AND I kept saying I couldn't afford it so, they have me billed at $75 a month for 8 months. That's reasonable. I need the accountability, I need the support. However, I do not need the dung! LOL

~Rachelle
Rachelle,
I am sitting in this room by myself at the computer laughing out loud after reading your post!!
I am contemplating re-visiting the COD myself......as much as I hate to pay them........I was successful with the accountability before, so maybe I can do it this time too. I'll try that speech you practiced......if I can do it without laughing.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #1658  

Purple Pirate--
I got pg on the pill, didn't know or realize until the nxt month and had take nther pill for the entire month. He is fine (see picture) and will be 6 in September.
Thing always happen for a reason......... maybe I was meant to be overweight just so I could find you guys!
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:57 AM   #1659  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

NSV coming up!! Daddy lost 9pds! he called me yesterday while he stood on the scale, he was so extatic! i havent heard him so happy in a long time...hes such a great man and im so happy the challenege is working for him! i can see him in his office getting laughed at for his slim fasts! hehe...but hes on of those perfectionists so he stays POP all the time! what a trooper! well im back down to the weight on the ticker! i did TO and 2 weeks of POP to lose the paris weight...7pds! yey me!

purple~ you wrote "i love the POOP" hehehehehe, sorry about the pg struggle...

stiesta~ have a great time in my city! you lucky girl! im not sure what your into, but if you love animals you have to go to the bronx zoo, its tremendous! its like the louvre in paris, you can spend all day in it and wont see everything...its set up like a park so you can relax the entire day and enjoy...plus the animals are well taken care of so i dont feel as bad as i normally feel in zoos!

rebeca~ in your photo your a total salma hayek...anyone ever tell you that or is it the pose your in...no wonder all your female friends are jealous and nervous you will take their men! you have to admit its a great feeling to be so powerful....hehe And about SIL, it doesnt sound bad at all, my sister is heavier and ive seen her do it too, i guess with weight some women carry insecurities...what your doing is great...i guess im more worried about what she will feel when she nears into your weight is all...but as long as you give her positive feedback even if she passes you in her weight loss all will be great...so how are you doing? have the two of you lost anything yet! i have my fingers crossed for you!

dairyfairy~ im so sorry you had a pucky day...and DH should get some punishment dont you think? i say since your sick, puke and make him clean it up!

katie~ so good to hear that everything turned out better than expected...im sorry for your dads loss, it has to be hard for him to let go of his pal...my prayers are with you and your family as well as the birdies family...

beanie~ eww...who the heck would do that into a pool...im assuming there were children allowed in this pool b/c if an adult did that they're sick...hehe...nasty! and the women who picked it up...u have to be joking, unless it was her poop she should be so free about touching it!

juliemarie~ i saw tartuffe in NYC it wasnt fabulous but i definately enjoyed it...have a great time!

welcome rachelle! i switched to lunas recently due to price, a lot of the ladies are using them and i get the same results, so i think the rush you got was from sugar?...crack or not we gotta do what we gotta do, and where is that 229, in your photo you look teeny...good luck on LAWL!

Hey lori, boosmom, and milca! how are you girlies!

Ok ladies, have a POP saturday, they are the toughest!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:57 AM   #1660  

Good morning everyone...

I've been lurking this week, I can't really post too much at work since we are always under the microscope, and too many things that has be to done when I get home from work.

I went back to the COD. I haven't bee in weeks, and my weight really shows it. I went in on Tues, and my goal to myself was to lose 3 lbs. Went back yesterday, and well - only down .8 lbs. I was disappointed, but I knew I was POP so I will have to wait until next week to see the lost that I've been working on.

Several months ago this girl started at my COD. She was on the heavy side, and was doing LA herself. Well, you should see her now. She's just beautiful. I couldn't believe how pretty her face looked after losing weight, I couldn't stop complimenting her. She only has 6.5 lbs to her goal - talk about a tranformation. She doesn't look like the same person, her clothes looked so cute on her. Talk about a great motivator.

Tonight, DH and I was going out for my BD dinner. Please send all the will power fairy dust my way, because I want so bad to be POP as much as I can. My plan is to save up some of the portions from the day just in case I go over a little so I have enough without feeling guilty. Wish me luck!

Well, got some errands to run, and lot of work we want to get done today, inside and out.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #1661  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

sy~ good luck tonight! happy happy birthday!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #1662  
Missing Ohio

Good Morning Chickies, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SY

WELCOME newbies, CONGRATS losers

Hope everyone is having a great POP day. I worked like a hebrew slave yesterday inside and outside. Cutting and weeding, cleaning drawers and throwing away stuff. Still ended up with over 50 pairs of like new cotton panties and 12 pairs of silk fancy ones.WHY I didn't even count the bras, slips, pantyhose, socks, girdles, etc. It's too much. Do you hear me, that's too much. I usually only sleep in one of 5 or 6 gowns, so why do I have two long drawers full of gowns. Someone is getting those. Some are new and so sexy, they are embarrassing at this stage of life.

Anyhu, Yesterday was a two shake day and I hope that I have more of those. Just got so busy that I didn't want to take the time to make a meal. It's easier to grab a can of SF in that situation. Usually, I would work outside all day and then remember in the evening that I hadn't eaten and pig out for dinner.WRONG So, I'm getting better at this game.

I'm off to change the layout of one corner of the backyard. So, the back will hurt one more day until I'm finished. It's **** being old but thank God for each new day.

Ladies, have a good POP day. C U later
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #1663  

Height: 5'9"

Good morning...

Part of the appeal of the bars is they are a "sweet" and I think they do keep temptation at bay. For me, I have been able to resist the temptation of birthday cake and other high trigger foods because I knew I had a caramel bar waiting for me. That being said, I have also tried the Lunas and really like them. I appreciate the variation in texture (they remind me a a rice krispie treat) and the various flavors are, so far, quite good!

I think whatever works for you (bars or not) and you keep losing weight is best. Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #1664  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Aggie--that's great about your dad--you are a great motivator! I bet you both feel great--and congrats on getting rid of your vacation weight! I have to work super hard till mid-June so I can have what I want in Myrtle Beach--I just want to enjoy myself without the GUILT that goes with any kind of off plan eating nowadays.

Sy--glad you've found a new motivation--we have a gal that's gorgeous and you would never guess she was also on the plan--apparently the white coats hide a lot--she claims it's all in her butt, but I've never seen it. I about died when she said she had lbs on me--she hides them well! Good Luck. Happy Birthday and enjoy your dinner out--you can do it!

Bre--I am tired just reading your post. I agree--you have TOO MUCH stuff!! LOL. But keep some of the sexy stuff--everybody needs SOME. I have recently gotten rid of a few trashbags of "stuff" and haven't missed a thing! But I love the space I have now--can actually find what I do have. I am saving empty space for NEW stuff--LATER!! Your yard sounds terrific--I hate yardwork and it's supposed to rain all day so that will be my excuse.

Suzette--I agree--I like having options. DH only eats the bars--which I love, too, but I like the variety of the occasional Luna or Kashi Crunchy. I think I do it when I am annoyed with someone at my COD--just to spite--like they care--geez--they don't even know!

Everyone have a POP day. I've had a few days of no shakes so I am starting back up today with slimfast (I loved the slimdowns but geez--they are so dang expensive!)I couldn't find the Low Carb anywhere so I am doing Optima.

PS--Where the heck is Suzanne (nascar suzanne?!?!)
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #1665  

Stupid COD I checked my checking account today and the asst. manager deposited the wrong check so instead of tearing up the check as promised she deposited a check for $332 vs. the one she was supposed to deposit for $207. I called over there and supposdly they are supposed to reiemburse me on Monday. They better or else I well have a major complainant.

On a better note when I weighed in the other day I did lose the weight I had gained from my cake adventure at my graduation party. YEAH
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote