Old 04-28-2006, 11:03 AM   #1621  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Heather-Lunas have 100 percent of a reg. woman's folic acid, so that would cover you, too. They say those First Responses work u pto 5 days before the missed period, but in my experience this hasn't been the case.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM   #1622  

Height: 5'9"

Good morning...

I've been very busy this week and have only had time to lurk occasionally.

Losing vibes to everyone!

Katie, so sorry to hear about your bird. I know how much losing a fur/featherbaby hurts. I lost a beloved Siamese, Simon, who I had for 16 years last year to cancer. The best way for me to heal was to get another Siamese, two months later (see my avatar of my furbaby Apollo). Apollo is NOT Simon and the scar of the loss will always be there. But Apollo is a unique boy and I believe God sent him to help heal a broken heart.

Perhaps there is another featherbaby in your future to help do the same for you.

Its good you have sympathetic friends. So many people are not syympathetic to pet loss. In many way, it hurts even more to lose a fur/feather baby because you've lost a source of unconditional love. One place to go, if you are looking for support online is www.petloss.com. They have an online chat with people who are sympathetic and understand your pain, as well as poems, memorial acts and other sources of comfort.

Well, I was down 2.2 lbs this week for a total of 23 in 8 weeks! I'm excited but nervous about my upcoming business travelling for the next 10 days...I will actually be home for 3 of the next 10 days but I was at COD this morning and they "pumped me up"...I've also got inspiration here as well. One of the suggestions was to do the Fast Forward (with the oranges since I'm allergic to melons and can't do the juice) during this time. They gave me the sheet and it looks a lot like, um, "Atkins"...heh..I might even be able to do it while travelling. I'll have to sit down and strategize tomorrow and see how it fits in.

Question...why can't I do the FF more than 2 days? I'm tempted to do it 4 (the whole time I'm in CA next week)...

Oh,,,btw,,,I love the Lunas. Heh, I just got drawn into buying another 5 month's worth of bars (taking me until mid Nov) with a 25% off special. It worked out to be about $10 and some change per box....WAY too good of a deal to pass up! But still, the Lunas have a different texture and so far (I've tried S'Mores, Peanut Butter Cookie & Cookies and Cream) I LOVE the flavors. My local grocery store was have a sale on them, $1 each so I picked up 10 of them to try. I'll probably mix them in occasionally with the Lites for a "texture" change.

Another question....when I was measured, I "only" lost 1 1/2 inches from last month, even though I lost 10 pounds since last month! I'm thinking it was a difference in who measured me, though, does it really make THAT much of a difference? Do you insist on having the same person measure you?
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #1623  
Bring sexy back

For those of you considering stevia still, let me highly reccommend Optimum Nutrition liquid stevia. I have been getting it off ebay (2 2oz bottles for $10 after shipping). The 2 oz bottles at kroger are $17! Also, the liquid tastes good and mixes better than the powder has been.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #1624  

Katie- I am sooo sorry about your losses! Those accidents really suck! I am so glad that your friend was understanding about the situation and she is also understanding about your feelings and thats what real friends are suppose to do! I am sorry, let us know if we can help in any way!

Aggie- thanx! Since SIL and I have had LOTS AND LOTS of problems in the past, i took to heart all the possible conflicts that crossed your mind, because it also crossed my mind while i was talking about it! So I figured that she has 40 more lbs to lose than I do, so i will be rewarding her more often than she will be rewarding me! She will probably lose 10lbs in her first week! That way she will be motivated and feeling like she is doing "better" than i am and you know what..."THATS OK!!!" i just want her to take care of her health and start to feel better about herself that way she wont give her heart to the first loser who just wants to have fun like she has been doing! (i hope this doesnt sound bad)!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:19 PM   #1625  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I should order that. I really like stevia.

Thanks Space. I will check out that website. I have always felt a unique bond with animals. Can't really explain it, but I just really connect there.

I must not have been too POOP last night. I have not had any starch cravings, and it is after 10:00 and I am barely having my shake. We are having a big bonfire here on Saturday night. Lots of friends, food, music, and overall fun. We pruned a lot of our trees and cleaned out an old shed on our property full of wood, so the fire will be huge. Of course you are all invited. I found Hebrew National LF hot dogs. They are 120 calories a piece and 300 grams of sodium. I used them at a barbeque last week, and they were pretty darn good. In the book you can eat 2 veggie hot dogs as a protein, so I compared them to the Hebrew Nationals. They both have the same amount of calories, but the veggie ones have DOUBLE the sodium! So I feel good about counting 2 real meat ones as a protein.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #1626  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up WI = Down 2 lbs!

Grrr ... well, I have been bitten by the 3fc post-eating-monster! Two posts I can't find ... one from yesterday, and one from this morning before WI.

So, maybe they are just delayed?

Anyway, not much more time to post, so I'll say hello to all, and hope that my post shows up with more personals.

Katie, let me say again how sorry I am about the situation. But so glad to hear your friend took it well! What a gal!

As for me, WI today, down 2 lbs since Monday! Woo hoo! Hoping for a loss next week during TOM, but we'll see! Still averaging 4 lbs per week, so I won't complain.

More later!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #1627  
PurpleSunshine

Erin - Wow - great loss girlfriend !! Keep up that great work!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #1628  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
How do you count the hot dogs, b/c Hebrew Nationals are big, well at least the ones that I have saw here, so is one link=1P.???

Erin: of the LAWL thread, girl, you are a losing machine!! I admire you a lot! Congratulations!!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #1629  
Katie

Milca- The LF ones are a lot smaller. I am using 2 for a protein.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #1630  
Bring sexy back

Katie, I don't know about sodium (and I'm too sick to calorie king it), but healthy choice beef are 90 cal each as are oscar mayer light (that is the yellow and red package, right?). Anyway, the OM are usually cheaper than Hebrew National, so it may be something to check out. I have counted them in the past...bought them for Eli and he refused to eat them so I ended up doing it. They're really good (both brands).

I'm kind of off plan today. I'm counting 50 cal of gatorade as fruit and I can't really bring myself to eat protein except for my shake thi smorning. Very nauseated and having the big D. Eli is through puking, but having big D too. His friends are sick, too, so I guess it is a bug.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #1631  
milkyway

Thanks Girl.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #1632  
Katie

Oh, Dairy, so sorry you are so sick. That is so miserable. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #1633  
PurpleSunshine

OH Kristi - thanks for that special thought - hahahaha just kidding - too funny - well I just look at it this way - we're not planning it - but if something happens then God meant it to be that way!!

I really hope not - I really had some other plans - like looking really good in my bathing suit this summer!!!! and enjoying having my waist back!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #1634  
milkyway

Katie and Dairy:
You know, I allways look for a good brand of low fat low sodium ham and I can't find them, and when I go to the Deli they usually have LS LF turkey, and well, I end up buying it but I don't like it that much, have any of you have ever tried any good brand that we can use on the plan?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #1635  
milkyway

Dairy: Sorry that you feel that bad, when I had a stomach virus (for the symptoms and what you said it looks like it could be) I can't even stand water, so is good that at least you tolerate gatorade to keep your body hydrated. Hope that you feel better soon.