Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #1516  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Well someone finally noticed(or at least said something) I was losing weight. A good customer/friend of mine that I haven't seen in about a month and a half asked me tonight if I was losing weight. I told her yea and that I had lost 35 lbs. now. Her next question was "Are you doing it on purpose?? You're not sick or anything are you?" I guess that I could see where people wouldn't want to put their foot in their mouths by saying what should be a compliment and then have it be becuase of something terrible.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #1517  
PurpleSunshine

Rebecca - That was such a great way to handle the situation!! What a wonderful feeling to be able to just throw it in the trash - that is great!! You go girl!! I also agree with JulieMarie too - I think some people play that offended crap in order to try to sabatage us b/c of jealousy - I don't think everyone is that way!!! Good for you!!

Stacy - at the beginning of my challenge I was 163.5 and I'm wearing size 10's and a few 12's depending on the fit. I know when I got down to 153 before getting pregnant I was a comfortable size 10!! I can't remember anytime in my adult life actually being an 8 - I remember having one pair of purple
jeans size 8 - and they were from limited or lerner new york - and they were very relaxed (but not on me!!)

Before getting pg I was 153 and nobody believed it they said I looked 10 lbs lower - but I know I was working out heavy so I know alot of that was muscle - I guess it just proves to me that muscle makes you look better
but isn't always "kind" to the scale!!!

and about your casserole - don't let it get you down - count it as good as possible - drink the lemon water and moveon. From my experience as long as you try to work it into the planned foods like associating it w/ starch or protein/fat - whatever it won't affect you too too much!!!

Oh Sherry - I'm so sorry about your wal-mart experience hopefully she was just saying that you were a woman customer -
My DH hates for me to lift those heavy waters and think's it is the sales person's job....but I'm so sorry you got offended -
Just keep remembering no matter what - you are doing great - don't let someone stupidity bother you!!!

HeatherCP- I think everyone goes through this a few times - I think it is part of life!!! I've done it and just about everyone on the board has too - I think it is just a learning experience each time - and hopefully each one makes us that much more willling and motivated to do what we need to do!!!! I'm with KAtie - those ice breakers help me tremendously and having some of the SF stuff around!!! Don't give up girl - you have too much going for you already to turn back now!!!

Deets - you trip me out about the "not justifying, just analysing" - I do that to myself all the time, but it is goodthat you decided not to sabatage yourself with the scale - just give it a day or two!! You have done so great - life just incorporates those kind of days and just let them slide by - sometimes you need to extra calories for your body and at least you did eat OP foods - !!!

Sznn - Hope you're feeling better today and I hope you enjoyed your ab class!

As for me - I'm not as sore today so that is a really good sign - I thought I wouldn't be able to sit down!! I took a naproxen sodium last night before bed to help alleviate some of the soreness!! I plan to go back to the trainer tomorrow - I did tell him what I was doing with my eating yesterday and today to make sure that he agreed and he did!!! He does want me to do a type of detox thing friday, saturday and sunday - but we'll see - might do that in another week especially after being TO for two days - I need some food!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Here is to Day #2 TO!!!! and to all my Challenge buddies!!! I hope I get through this one okay!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #1518  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
He does want me to do a type of detox thing friday, saturday and sunday - but we'll see - might do that in another week especially after being TO for two days - I need some food!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Here is to Day #2 TO!!!! and to all my Challenge buddies!!! I hope I get through this one okay!!!
Does your nutritionist know youre doing TO? Cos thats sort of a detox thing, no?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #1519  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I used to do Carb Cravers in the begining of my program, but stopped midway...the nutritionist INSISTED that I used them at least once a week, so I did today. I made the pancake mix recommended with water and OH, what have I been missing?! What a nice weekday treat! I had their alloted serving with half a banana and feel like its the weekend, LOL! YUM
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 AM   #1520  
PurpleSunshine

Deets - Yes, I told him about the TO - he didn't really say this friday saturday and sunday - but one friday saturday and sunday b/c you are not supposed to do alot of activity while on the detox - I will explain the TO better to him so that he can make a better judgement - don't want to throw my body into shock - plus not really looking foward to the detox - one day it is nothing but protein shakes - YUCK!!!! I will take TO anyday over that!!!!

your pancakes sound wonderful - glad you enjoyed them!! you go girl!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #1521  

Sherry: Sorry about your experince at Wal-Mart don't let it bother you. Today is a new day. Think of all the milestones you have achieved already.

Heather: I tend to get off and on track, I need it for sanity otherwise I feel like I live in a box. Sometimes we need a little indulgance for us to say Hey did I really need that. Sometimes if we don't let ourselves have a little of something the craving gets worse and you end up having more of it. I agree though try to subsitute it with something sugar free (you know candy, crystal light) I too have been off this week because of all the parties and stuff I have been attending. Today and tomorrow I am going to a Fiesta so I know I have some challenges coming up.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #1522  
PurpleSunshine

Haylo - maybe what you need to do then is just plan to enjoy your weekend - make the best choices possible and plan to get POP on monday!! Enjoy some of the things while you can - I enjoyed my daughter's birthday and you know - I didn't lose anything - but I also didn't gain. I think these experiences help you in the long run how to enjoy life and maintain....now, I don't go to a cod - so I don't have to worry about paying for more weeks, but I do believe the part about if you don't allow yourself a major craving - you will end up indulging more later!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #1523  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everybody! Well, yesterday was POP for me, and I took a bike ride last night. We worked in the yard a lot yesterday afternoon, and I picked up a car battery that spilled acid on my shirt. I ran into the house to change, and decided toput on my tankini top to try to beat the major whiteness I have going on. When I walked back out in my tankini top and jeans, DH just about dropped his rake. He was like "WOW". Thats a good NSV for me.

Gotta go get everyone fed and outta here, CU in a while!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #1524  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Oh goodness Katie...you are gonna wear out your IUD.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #1525  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
When I walked back out in my tankini top and jeans, DH just about dropped his rake. He was like "WOW". Thats a good NSV for me.

Gotta go get everyone fed and outta here, CU in a while!
What a great compliment - you go girl!! the best part is that you were not expecting it!!!

I know DH thinks you're HOT!!!

Dairy - too funny about wearing out the IUD
Old 04-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #1526  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Good Morning Girls:

Just pop in to said Catch you girls later.... LOVE YA!!!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #1527  

Good morning girls! The coolest thing happened last night! My SIL came over and was hanging out with DH and I, and DH commented on how much weight I am losing and my abs are looking good and stuff and tell her to start dieting with me. So I told her that I will tell her what to do and stuff and we would challenge each other. She has 102 lbs to lose and is getting depressed a lot because of it. Although we have had so many problems in the past I will help her! So we set a track, and little prizes starting at 10 lbs! Basically the first one that hits that mark will get her prize paid. So if she hits the 10lbs before I do I will take her to the movies. We did that in 5 lbs increments starting at 10 and going all the way to 50lbs! DH said he will be our “couch” lol… So he said that he will give $200 in prizes to the first one that gets to 130 lbs! That’s 20lbs after my goal weight but its great incentive!!! We will start on Monday! Isnt that great? I am excited with the challenge between SIL and I and I am sure the prizes will keep us both motivated!!!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #1528  
PurpleSunshine

Rebeca - Sounds like a great movtivator and great opportunity for you relationship to grow stronger not only with SIL but also DH
Old 04-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #1529  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Rebeca - I little healthy competiton is a great motivator.

Katie - I hear you on the pastie white skin factor. I have been trying on shorts lately - and the old gams are nasty. So white they almost glow.

HeatherPP - I am in much better spirits today - Thanks. ABs class was great as usual. She worked us to exhaustion.

I must be in a better mood....because the scale was up again this AM.... I just chuckled at it.
It has to be some body adjustment phase because I've been totally POP.

Have a great day everyone
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #1530  

Heather- I know, he is really fun about it... the only downside is that he is the one that does our shopping and he buyes everything that a eight year old would DIE to have... (kitkats, ice cream, hersheys etc.)
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote