3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Take off question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/80295-take-off-question.html)

chsgls 03-30-2006 10:27 AM

Take off question

I will be due to do my 2 day TO next Friday and Sat., but I have a houseful of company (my parents and my son) coming next Wed. and don't want them to know what I am doing, plus don't think that I could do it and still be cooking meals for them. So, what I am asking is--Should I try to talk the COD into letting me do TO on Mon. and Tues, next week (even tho it hasn't been 2 weeks) or should I just wait until company leaves and we get back from our camping trip to Charleston over Easter? I really want to lose those pounds from TO. I thought I would ask you experts.:?:

lak_55119 03-31-2006 10:12 PM

I would wait to do take off. My cod told me if you do take off every 2 week your body gets used to it. I wait until I plateau before I do it. I've been on the program since Jan 2nd and have done take off once last month. I want to keep it effective I think I will need it more towards the end.

aggie2006 04-01-2006 01:56 AM

I would definately wait, for two reasons, 1. its too early 2. just in case you eat a little extra during the weekend, the TO will cleanse it out 3. if you do TO and then eat food that isnt 'light' you might just gain over the weekend everything you struggled to lose on TO
BTW, im not happy with the take off this time! i just did it, and lost a pound!! i think it has something to do with the fact that i slept through it due to bad migraines...im dissapointed!
on a better note, good luck with your TO

aggie2006 04-01-2006 01:56 AM

ok that was 3 reasons..hehe

30lbsby22 04-01-2006 10:45 AM

Katie quick question. If I do the TO at home and do it with the oranges instead of the juice how do I do it? Do I do limited or unlimited? Just wondering because I want to see if I can jump start things.

dolphn545 04-01-2006 01:43 PM

I had written from a different post - I think Milca posted this:

6 oz protein
2 green veggies
4 c cantaloupe or 4 oranges
2 LA Lites

sampe menu:

B- 1 orange or 1 c. cantaloupe

snack - LA Lite

L- 3 oz protein
1 green veggie
1 orange or 1 c. cantaloupe

Snack - LA Lite

Dinner - 3 oz protein
1 green veggie
1 orange or 1 c. cantaloupe

Snack - 1 orange or 1 c. cantaloupe

Hope this helps. Good luck!

30lbsby22 04-01-2006 01:57 PM

i cant do the lites so should I do unlimited then? the whole no dairy thing really screws things up for me! :(

dolphn545 04-01-2006 02:09 PM

Sorry - can't help with that one. Maybe one of the other ladies can ...
the other option is the Knudsen's juice - use it like the fast forward

stiesta 04-01-2006 02:34 PM

The word I have heard is you do the unlimited the first time and then limited thereafter. But my COD never gave me info on the limited (even though I've done it multiple times since). I think do what works for you -- if you can't have the lites, then you can't have the lites.

I am probably going to do TO on Monday and Tuesday...interested in buddying up? No sense suffering alone!

Christie

Boo'sMom 04-01-2006 03:14 PM

I am doing the unlimited with Knudsen's Morning Blend juice. Eight oz. of juice four times a day. Then all the protein (preferably light) and green raw veggies you want. I like the unlimited because you can have some fat, condiments, etc. I'll have red meat tonight with my taco salad but otherwise just chicken, eggs, tuna, or shrimp.

chsgls 04-01-2006 03:28 PM

Thanks for all the opinions. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I have thought it over and think that I will do the limited TO on Mon. and Tues. and will be committed to eating light when my parents are here. I will be due to do the TO again after I get back from Charleston, so the timing will be excellent. I am very anxious to see how this TO works for me. I lost 3 pounds on the first one (Express). I hope to lose more this time as the food is more limited.
I will be hanging on here for support during those 2 days. I am nervous!
Cheryl

Boo'sMom 04-01-2006 03:35 PM

OOPS--I am a liar. Just re-read my Takeoff Express sheet and it says NO condiments--not sure where I thought otherwise but I know when we did it in December we had some dressing--can't have salad without it! Anyway--I'll continue as planned but really watch the cond. I also planned to try HeatherPP's asparagus then realized it's all supposed to be raw so I will wait til Monday to try it.

30lbsby22 04-01-2006 05:52 PM

Christine that sounds good! Buddys are always helpful when doing TO. :hug: I am going to do the limited I think. I did limited last time (they messed up and had me do that one accidently) and I wasnt hungry. Unless anyone else can tell me otherwise to do unlimited. ;)

stiesta 04-01-2006 06:28 PM

Megan, all right, TOer, we will do this! I have done the unlimited multiple times and not has as good of success with it. I think I will give the limited a try and see how that works for me. Let's keep on each other -- I need all the support I can get!

Christie

dolphn545 04-02-2006 02:15 PM

Has anybody ever seen the Diet V8 Tropical Blend (detox juice)?
I'm wondering if I could use this as a substitute for the TO.