3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Newbie from WIsconsin (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/79486-newbie-wisconsin.html)

savannahsmomma 03-21-2006 11:19 AM

Newbie from WIsconsin

Hello Everyone!

Here is a short synopsis of my weight loss journey. I am 5'0" tall and, as you can see in my ticker, quite overweight. I have put on all this weight in the past 4 years which I know is extremely unhealthy. It started after I got married and began eating more sweets than ever before and not exercising. After my daughter was born 2.5 years ago I joined LAWL because I was sooooo tired of trying a million different things and failing every time. I have no willpower or self-discipline and need someone to tell me what I can put into my mouth and what I can't! I also needed major accountability and positive affirmation. I was a member for 4-5 weeks before I got pregnant with my son who was born on Christmas Eve, 11 weeks ago. Finally, 2 weeks ago (today) I took myself back to my local center and re-started the program.

As of Saturday, I have lost 7 pounds! Yippee! I'm going back today for another WI. I came across this site and from reading some of the previous threads I've already been encouraged and uplifted. I'm so ready to lose this weight and put these terrible, discouraged feelings behind me. I hope that I can be a help and encouragement to some of you, also. :smug:

Rebecca

rad7775 03-21-2006 11:26 AM

Hi Rebecca :wave:
Welcome!!! :welcome2::welcome3:

Congratulations on your loss!!! :cheer: You came to the right place for support in your weight loss journey! ;)

emmysmom 03-21-2006 11:27 AM

Hi Rebecca and Welcome!!!:wave:

You'll find lots of great support and friendship on these boards.

Boo'sMom 03-21-2006 11:29 AM

Rebecca--good for you! Weightloss and for getting back onto the program. I milked my "baby weight" for 6 years!! You will be so inspired from this board. So much knowledge and support, you'll never feel alone in this. Welcome.

savannahsmomma 03-21-2006 11:34 AM

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I am almost crying sitting here. The one thing I need more than any other is positive affirmation and people who KNOW what I'm going through. My DH could eat 5,000 calories in one day and never gain any weight so he's no help! :p

:hug: to you all!

PURPLEPIRATE99 03-21-2006 11:39 AM

Rebecca - :welcome: to the boards - you will find much support her - it is great

BTW - I love your screen name - my daughter's name is Savannah.....

wp95jma 03-21-2006 11:43 AM

Rebecca :welcome:

I'm glad to see someone the same height as me looking to get to the same goal weight as me!!! We can do it!!! :dancer:

JulieInWI 03-21-2006 11:46 AM

Welcome

I'm new here too - just started on LAWL on Thursday.

I am also from Wisconsin (Appleton)

Congratulations on the great start!!!

Repo girl 03-21-2006 12:29 PM

Hi Rebecca, and welcome!! I'll join the short girls club with you and Julia. I am 5'1 on a good day. Stick around with us and you will get tons of support and inspiration!

pinkflamingo68 03-21-2006 12:42 PM

Hi Rebecca and Julie, too! We are like your own personal ARMY of support.

Radio Girl 03-21-2006 12:51 PM

Hi Rebecca,
Wow! All these Wisconsin people on LAWL! Must be the Brats and Beer! Be sure and bookmark this forum. I come to it everyday for inspiration and motivation. I also saw a billboard on the interstate the other day that had a picture of Winston Churchill giving the peace sign and it says 'Never, ever, ever give up.' I found a similar picture on the internet and created my own little cards that I put up everywhere.
We can do this ladies! Just think how far we'll have come by the time summer gets here!

deetsmom 03-21-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
Hi Rebecca, and welcome!! I'll join the short girls club with you and Julia. I am 5'1 on a good day. Stick around with us and you will get tons of support and inspiration!

LOL!! I TOTALLY pictured you taller- it must be your huge spirit:) :)

deetsmom 03-21-2006 10:41 PM

Welcome and congratulations on the new baby!

StargazerJMK 03-22-2006 11:37 AM

Hey Rebecca... :welcome2: